• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Momberg lands....

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
I honestly believe that IF any of those who were let go get picked up by another school, it will most-likely be NAIA or D2. And like I said, there is nothing wrong with that. Hell, I played at an NAIA school and was thrilled to do so. Playing on any level in college is an accomplishment.

I read Murphy’s only D1 offer was Chattanooga and the other 15-20 were all lower level. I think we will see that same trend for the others if they choose to continue.

You still can't admit that Murphy went to a D-I school right away. That disproved your narrative immediately.

There are times I like you. There are times I think you’re an absolute ass hat. Regarding Lady Griz, it’s the latter. So one of the players goes d1 and that suddenly disproves my assertion that the players let go are not d1 players? Wouldn’t mom berg going naia put that right back to even par? Let’s see where the others land if they land anywhere at all. Also let’s see if Murphy actually contributes. Then we can revisit.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
You still can't admit that Murphy went to a D-I school right away. That disproved your narrative immediately.

There are times I like you. There are times I think you’re an absolute ass hat. Regarding Lady Griz, it’s the latter. So one of the players goes d1 and that suddenly disproves my assertion that the players let go are not d1 players? Wouldn’t mom berg going naia put that right back to even par? Let’s see where the others land if they land anywhere at all. Also let’s see if Murphy actually contributes. Then we can revisit.

Look, I am the one who has been saying all along that the quality of the younger players can't be determined until they have had more of their career. Some of you want to jump to immediate NAIA conclusion, and then ignore that Murphy went to a D-I program. This is a very tough year to be dropped at the last minutes and have to move to another school. Because of the covid, players have an extra year and there is a jam-up, due to the extra year and the portal activity and recent ncaa rule change. We'll have to wait to see how/what the 3 frosh do in the future. The assertion that the LG had only 4 D-I players seems to have been busted, but we shall see. Even with the senior, who some said was the weakest player, is your assertion that someone who played 2 years at Iowa St. and 1 year at UM, was not a D-I player. Where she played in those years indicates otherwise.

I assume the new coach will do well or fairly well, but he hasn't done a damn thing yet, other than cut 6 players without meeting them, pissing off some people, and signing a German woman averaging about 1.3 or so per game and with no D-I offers. And he touts her as a good perimeter shooter, yet she is the absolute worst 3 pt. shooter on her team the last time I looked. Maybe she will be great. Obviously, Ore. St. didn't offer her.

I see that Momberg's Box Elder teammate started for Western last year. Was about the 3d leading scorer. She wasn't as good as Momberg in high school, but looks like a good player from her body of work and stats. I suppose 12 will pooh pooh her because she is Native American.

PlayerRep said:
I suppose 12 will pooh pooh her because she is Native American.

Granted I did not waste too much time reading through this thread, but where did 12 pooh pooh Native Americans?

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

Granted I did not waste too much time reading through this thread, but where did 12 pooh pooh Native Americans?

He didn't. New Lady Griz coach decides he wants to get "his" on his team. Cuts some Lady Griz Players including one Native American. A few posters comment on their perceptions of the talent level that was "cut". Player Rep goes off on everyone who disagrees with him. Those mentioning the Native American player in their comments become "racists"!

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

In particular, feel free to look at his comments regarding the Cat transfer. I can smell prejudice in posts. Obviously, you can't. But then you aren't NA.

Mousegriz said:
grizindabox said:

He didn't. New Lady Griz coach decides he wants to get "his" on his team. Cuts some Lady Griz Players including one Native American. A few posters comment on their perceptions of the talent level that was "cut". Player Rep goes off on everyone who disagrees with him. Those mentioning the Native American player in their comments become "racists"!

The new LG coach didn't cut the UW transfer. Pay attention. I didn't go off on anyone for not agreeing with me, and didn't go off on anyone other than 12. 12 must have made a 50 or 100 posts on the NA players, and never saw either of them play. Because they were from the reservation, and like to run and play fast, he assumed they were undisciplined and wouldn't/couldn't fit in. He assumed the Cat transfer was not smart. Etc. Some of his posts showed ignorance. When one has experienced prejudice, ignorance and racism, it's easier to spot these things in what people say or write. 12's defensiveness indicates to me that he knows I'm right.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Look, I am the one who has been saying all along that the quality of the younger players can't be determined until they have had more of their career. Some of you want to jump to immediate NAIA conclusion, and then ignore that Murphy went to a D-I program. This is a very tough year to be dropped at the last minutes and have to move to another school. Because of the covid, players have an extra year and there is a jam-up, due to the extra year and the portal activity and recent ncaa rule change. We'll have to wait to see how/what the 3 frosh do in the future. The assertion that the LG had only 4 D-I players seems to have been busted, but we shall see. Even with the senior, who some said was the weakest player, is your assertion that someone who played 2 years at Iowa St. and 1 year at UM, was not a D-I player. Where she played in those years indicates otherwise.

I assume the new coach will do well or fairly well, but he hasn't done a damn thing yet, other than cut 6 players without meeting them, pissing off some people, and signing a German woman averaging about 1.3 or so per game and with no D-I offers. And he touts her as a good perimeter shooter, yet she is the absolute worst 3 pt. shooter on her team the last time I looked. Maybe she will be great. Obviously, Ore. St. didn't offer her.

I see that Momberg's Box Elder teammate started for Western last year. Was about the 3d leading scorer. She wasn't as good as Momberg in high school, but looks like a good player from her body of work and stats. I suppose 12 will pooh pooh her because she is Native American.

You mention here there is an assertion that the Lady Griz only have 4 D1 players. I’m confused where that comes from. I count 7 still left on the roster (Nelson, Stiles, Anderson, Keller, Frohlich, Gfeller, Albrecht). In my opinion, all 7 of them are D1 level talent. The only one I didn’t see a lot of was Albrecht, so admittedly not the best read on her or her abilities. But the rest of that group is solid for sure.

It seems you are mostly upset about Momberg (since you know her and her family, I can respect that and understand that). What I don’t really understand though is how you bash this German recruit for averaging 1.3 per game on her team (I believe a highly-competitive nationals team) yet the fact that Momberg only scored 14 in 10 appearances w the Griz gets a free pass (1.4 per game)? That’s really interesting.

Seems like you may just want to argue just to argue. The lawyer in you I suppose?

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:

The new LG coach didn't cut the UW transfer. Pay attention. I didn't go off on anyone for not agreeing with me, and didn't go off on anyone other than 12. 12 must have made a 50 or 100 posts on the NA players, and never saw either of them play. Because they were from the reservation, and like to run and play fast, he assumed they were undisciplined and wouldn't/couldn't fit in. He assumed the Cat transfer was not smart. Etc. Some of his posts showed ignorance. When one has experienced prejudice, ignorance and racism, it's easier to spot these things in what people say or write. 12's defensiveness indicates to me that he knows I'm right.

....or get sensitive and read things into what people write? "Cuts some Lady Griz Players including one Native American". Did I say anything about a UW transfer? Pay attention!

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

You mention here there is an assertion that the Lady Griz only have 4 D1 players. I’m confused where that comes from. I count 7 still left on the roster (Nelson, Stiles, Anderson, Keller, Frohlich, Gfeller, Albrecht). In my opinion, all 7 of them are D1 level talent. The only one I didn’t see a lot of was Albrecht, so admittedly not the best read on her or her abilities. But the rest of that group is solid for sure.

It seems you are mostly upset about Momberg (since you know her and her family, I can respect that and understand that). What I don’t really understand though is how you bash this German recruit for averaging 1.3 per game on her team (I believe a highly-competitive nationals team) yet the fact that Momberg only scored 14 in 10 appearances w the Griz gets a free pass (1.4 per game)? That’s really interesting.

Seems like you may just want to argue just to argue. The lawyer in you I suppose?

Someone posted that an athletic dept. person told them that the LG had only 4 D-I players.

I haven't bashed the German player. Just posted some of her stats. You have the German and Momberg thing backwards. Some tout the German and bash Momberg, so I have pointed out that their points per game are the same. Also, it looks like the German girl had only one D-1 offer. I will also point out that Momberg shot 67 percentage points better from 3 than the German girl, which the new coach touted as a good perimeter shooter. Just pointing out the inconsistencies. I hope the German girl is a very good player.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

....or get sensitive and read things into what people write? "Cuts some Lady Griz Players including one Native American". Did I say anything about a UW transfer? Pay attention!

No, you pay attention. Most of the prejudicial stuff and ignorance related to the Cat transfer. And, I assume you know absolutely zero about racial prejudice including prejudice against NA's. As I have said, a telltale sign of prejudice is someone who tells a POC that something isn't racist.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

In particular, feel free to look at his comments regarding the Cat transfer. I can smell prejudice in posts. Obviously, you can't. But then you aren't NA.

Quite a leap, since it was noted in my post that I didn't read every thread/post. Care to share his comments, since I am just too lazy to pick through the loads of crap on the board? I will assume that if you don't or can't, that the pooh poohing isn't real.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

Quite a leap, since it was noted in my post that I didn't read every thread/post. Care to share his comments, since I am just too lazy to pick through the loads of crap on the board? I will assume that if you don't or can't, that the pooh poohing isn't real.

You are welcome to assume what you want. I will assume that you are one of those posters who jumps into a conversation without paying attention and doesn't know what he's talking about.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

You are welcome to assume what you want. I will assume that you are one of those posters who jumps into a conversation without paying attention and doesn't know what he's talking about.

So nothing? It would seem that a good lawyer would be able to provide evidence backing his claim. Seems weird.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

PR. Bring a quote like I've asked several times, or stop with the baseless racist accusations.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Someone posted that an athletic dept. person told them that the LG had only 4 D-I players.

I haven't bashed the German player. Just posted some of her stats. You have the German and Momberg thing backwards. Some tout the German and bash Momberg, so I have pointed out that their points per game are the same. Also, it looks like the German girl had only one D-1 offer. I will also point out that Momberg shot 67 percentage points better from 3 than the German girl, which the new coach touted as a good perimeter shooter. Just pointing out the inconsistencies. I hope the German girl is a very good player.
You have been bashing the German player and the coaches evaluation of her over and over. Particularly you seem to have a problem with Holsinger citing her as a good 3 point shooter as you continually cite her 0/6 mark. The truth is you won't know anything about her until she steps foot on campus because of how little is known about her. Maybe, you should give her a shot? Comparing her to Momberg is completely unfair, as Momberg already had her shot. At this point, if I wanted to be a dick like yourself, I could point out your large quantity of posts about her, and call you a racist as well. But I'm not doing that, because I'm not PR.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

So nothing? It would seem that a good lawyer would be able to provide evidence backing his claim. Seems weird.

I already did. You just aren't following the thread. Also, my view is that someone who makes about 100 posts involving 2 NA players who don't play for the Griz, has a thing for NA's. Can you name any former Griz who has been hammered and commented on by one poster so many times after leaving the Griz? What's his obsession? What's his fascination? Has never seen either of the 2 in person.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

You have been bashing the German player and the coaches evaluation of her over and over. Particularly you seem to have a problem with Holsinger citing her as a good 3 point shooter as you continually cite her 0/6 mark. The truth is you won't know anything about her until she steps foot on campus because of how little is known about her. Maybe, you should give her a shot? Comparing her to Momberg is completely unfair, as Momberg already had her shot. At this point, if I wanted to be a dick like yourself, I could point out your large quantity of posts about her, and call you a racist as well. But I'm not doing that, because I'm not PR.

I haven't "bashed" the German player even once. I have merely pointed out her stats. The only hard evidence of her outside shooting that I found, was her 0-6 shooting from 3 point range. Feel free to dig up different stats.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

Hmmm...isn’t Holsinger a German name?

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

I already did. You just aren't following the thread. Also, my view is that someone who makes about 100 posts involving 2 NA players who don't play for the Griz, has a thing for NA's. Can you name any former Griz who has been hammered and commented on by one poster so many times after leaving the Griz? What's his obsession? What's his fascination? Has never seen either of the 2 in person.

I believe every one of UM12's posts about these two players you're so concerned about being treated so unfairly due to their color was posted in response to yours........100 posts about these two players?...then you've got 150! His comments about Momberg and Battle at MSU, if read (not "red"), say absolutely nothing about race. You're the one who brought it up.

I see you now using terms like "POC" and "smelling racism".......something/someone on here smells like a POS to me.

Back