• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Momberg lands....

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:
Nope. As I said, Res Ipsa Loquitur on your prejudice.
Your attempt at a backtrack is hilarious. You are a joke. Just admit you were wrong.

No backtrack at all. Res Ipsa means the thing speaks for itself. You have incessantly hammered two Native Americans, one of whom never played for UM and one of whom was already gone from the LG. What, a 100 posts directed at them. There is absolutely no reason for you to attack them like that. You've never seen them play. You called the Cat low IQ or something like that, with no basis. You made some comments directed at their reservation backgrounds. Lack of discipline. Made up stuff about Momberg. I could see your prejudice in your posts. Are you now going to tell me you know more about being Native American or racism than I do? As I said several times, you are a never-played-the-gamer with a big mouth. You appear to have no connection to anyone at either program. Your defensive towards my comments shows me that you know I'm right.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:
Your attempt at a backtrack is hilarious. You are a joke. Just admit you were wrong.

No backtrack at all. Res Ipsa means the thing speaks for itself. You have incessantly hammered two Native Americans, one of whom never played for UM and one of whom was already gone from the LG. What, a 100 posts directed at them. There is absolutely no reason for you to attack them like that. You've never seen them play. You called the Cat low IQ or something like that, with no basis. You made some comments directed at their reservation backgrounds. Lack of discipline. Made up stuff about Momberg. I could see your prejudice in your posts. Are you now going to tell me you know more about being Native American or racism than I do? As I said several times, you are a never-played-the-gamer with a big mouth. You appear to have no connection to anyone at either program. Your defensive towards my comments shows me that you know I'm right.

No basis? My comments on Battle were made based on about 10 games I watched over his 2 years of UW. By IQ, yet again, I mean basketball IQ. Battles shot selection was terrible. Just terrible. He seemed to understand defensive concepts but would overcommit at times in an attempt to block a shot or jump a lane(hell, this is what caused the Brandon Whitney dagger 3 if you watch the replay). I know sprinkle will work with him, but bad shot selection is a thing that sometimes sticks with guys regardless of coaching. His efficiency was beyond terrible in those 2 years. Please, if you have watched Battle at all these past 2 years, I’d love to hear your take. You haven’t seemed to offer much about Battle as a player other than accusing me of being a racist.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

No basis? My comments on Battle were made based on about 10 games I watched over his 2 years of UW. By IQ, yet again, I mean basketball IQ. Battles shot selection was terrible. Just terrible. He seemed to understand defensive concepts but would overcommit at times in an attempt to block a shot or jump a lane(hell, this is what caused the Brandon Whitney dagger 3 if you watch the replay). I know sprinkle will work with him, but bad shot selection is a thing that sometimes sticks with guys regardless of coaching. His efficiency was beyond terrible in those 2 years. Please, if you have watched Battle at all these past 2 years, I’d love to hear your take. You haven’t seemed to offer much about Battle as a player other than accusing me of being a racist.

I base my views on Battle mostly from several groups of friends who are season ticket holders for the Huskies. They think Battle will be terrific in the Big Sky. They believe, at UW, he was not properly utilized, was too constrained, was used inconsistently, and played for a bad team and a bad coach.

Most of what I've said on the players recently are based on what high school or college coaches said regarding Momberg, and my UW friends in the case of Battle. I learned a long long time ago that although I played hoops and was a starter for Bozeman high back in the day, and played several sports in college, that listening carefully to coaches was the way to go on my things about players and teams. I know what I see and what I think, but then I "cheat" and ask coaches what their views are. I know who some of the coaches and former coaches are on egriz, and I look carefully at what they post. I'm not someone like you who thinks he knows more than Sprinkle; I take my lead from Sprinkle and read his words closely. It's been my experience in life that almost every non-coach who thinks he know more than coaches, doesn't know what he's talking about. Mostly just blowing hot air.

Ursa Major said:
UMFan12 said:
You have been bashing the German player and the coaches evaluation of her over and over. Particularly you seem to have a problem with Holsinger citing her as a good 3 point shooter as you continually cite her 0/6 mark. The truth is you won't know anything about her until she steps foot on campus because of how little is known about her. Maybe, you should give her a shot? Comparing her to Momberg is completely unfair, as Momberg already had her shot. At this point, if I wanted to be a dick like yourself, I could point out your large quantity of posts about her, and call you a racist as well. But I'm not doing that, because I'm not PR.

Hmmm...isn’t Holsinger a German name?

Don't know, but is he a Lady Griz player?

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:

I base my views on Battle mostly from several groups of friends who are season ticket holders for the Huskies. They think Battle will be terrific in the Big Sky. They believe, at UW, he was not properly utilized, was too constrained, was used inconsistently, and played for a bad team and a bad coach.

Most of what I've said on the players recently are based on what high school or college coaches said regarding Momberg, and my UW friends in the case of Battle. I learned a long long time ago that although I played hoops and was a starter for Bozeman high back in the day, and played several sports in college, that listening carefully to coaches was the way to go on my things about players and teams. I know what I see and what I think, but then I "cheat" and ask coaches what their views are. I know who some of the coaches and former coaches are on egriz, and I look carefully at what they post. I'm not someone like you who thinks he knows more than Sprinkle; I take my lead from Sprinkle and read his words closely. It's been my experience in life that almost every non-coach who thinks he know more than coaches, doesn't know what he's talking about. Mostly just blowing hot air.
If you were to ask Sprinkle, he’d be the first guy to admit this is a risky signing. Battle has all the talent and potential of a future All-Big Sky 1st teamer. I look at it as a boom or bust signing. Either he figures it out and shows why he was a top 100 recruit, or he continues taking questionable shots and ends as a 2nd or 3rd option his senior year. I don’t think it’s fair to claim he was wrongly used by UW in those years from what I’ve watched. If you were to make that argument, every single player on the UW roster was misused. That doesn’t mean they will all of a sudden become star players out of nowhere. Coaching has a huge impact on player development and I believe Sprinkle thinks he can “untap” this kids potential. Only time will tell, but if you can’t admit there are glaring red flags, I don’t think you’ve watched him play. But whatever, I’m done arguing with you as this is going nowhere.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

1. Calling Rez ball a red flag is prejudice against Native Americans, in my view.

"UMFan12 wrote: ↑Thu May 06, 2021 3:26 pm

You seriously don’t see anyyyy red flags? None? 25%? Rez ball?"

2. Here's what the Cat fan thought of your low IQ comment:

"I don't think you're right on his "low IQ" that you keep mentioning. I haven't heard this anywhere about him at any time. I've dug up countless articles and have never seen this suggested. I've shared beers with members of our current staff and none suggested he has a low IQ.

I've heard him called impatient. He has a shooters mentality and when the shot isn't falling people are quick to look at the shots and call them bad shots. I've played with and coached many guys that I thought took bad shots at times who had very high hoops IQ's. Especially those in a slump, trying to get their shot going.

Calling him low IQ when no one has ever said this is the case seems odd to me. I guess we'll see in the coming seasons. :?"

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I already did. You just aren't following the thread. Also, my view is that someone who makes about 100 posts involving 2 NA players who don't play for the Griz, has a thing for NA's. Can you name any former Griz who has been hammered and commented on by one poster so many times after leaving the Griz? What's his obsession? What's his fascination? Has never seen either of the 2 in person.

I believe every one of UM12's posts about these two players you're so concerned about being treated so unfairly due to their color was posted in response to yours........100 posts about these two players?...then you've got 150! His comments about Momberg and Battle at MSU, if read (not "red"), say absolutely nothing about race. You're the one who brought it up.

I see you now using terms like "POC" and "smelling racism".......something/someone on here smells like a POS to me.

12 posted way more times on the 2 NA's than I did. In recent days, before she signed, he started posting on Momberg, and I had posted on her for almost a week. That's the point.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:

1. Calling Rez ball a red flag is prejudice against Native Americans, in my view.

"I don't think you're right on his "low IQ" that you keep mentioning. I haven't heard this anywhere about him at any time. I've dug up countless articles and have never seen this suggested. I've shared beers with members of our current staff and none suggested he has a low IQ.

I've heard him called impatient. He has a shooters mentality and when the shot isn't falling people are quick to look at the shots and call them bad shots. I've played with and coached many guys that I thought took bad shots at times who had very high hoops IQ's. Especially those in a slump, trying to get their shot going.

Calling him low IQ when no one has ever said this is the case seems odd to me. I guess we'll see in the coming seasons. :?"

If you’d also included my response to that cat fan, you’d see what I meant by calling him low IQ. I said, regardless of how well someone understands other areas of the game, I don’t feel a player can be quantified as being a high IQ player if they rush shots and have poor shot selection. Period. That’s it. And if this entire thing is about me using the phrase “Rez ball”, and you really came up with the idea of me being prejudice because of that one phrase, I don’t understand. If that truly offended you, I apologize, I just don’t get how you came to that conclusion from it.

Box and HandBasket,

12 has said that the UW/Cat transfer has low IQ, without any basis whatsoever for saying that (as verified by the Cat fan, and I agree), and the fact that he played on the Rez should have been a red flag to Sprinkle and me. To me, red flag means that Sprinkle shouldn't have taken him because he came from a reservation.

How does that not show prejudice against Native Americans?

Since I am Native American, and did grow up for 12 years on a reservation, and worked on the res every summer into college, and still go to our family ranch frequently, I can assure you that 12's words have offended me and I believe he has shown ignorance and prejudice towards Native Americans.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

If you’d also included my response to that cat fan, you’d see what I meant by calling him low IQ. I said, regardless of how well someone understands other areas of the game, I don’t feel a player can be quantified as being a high IQ player if they rush shots and have poor shot selection. Period. That’s it. And if this entire thing is about me using the phrase “Rez ball”, and you really came up with the idea of me being prejudice because of that one phrase, I don’t understand. If that truly offended you, I apologize, I just don’t get how you came to that conclusion from it.

No, I saw multiple phrases and multiple things in your posts that caused me to be you are prejudiced. Maybe you don't know it, but you are. Lots of people like you in places close to reservations.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:

No, I saw multiple phrases and multiple things in your posts that caused me to be you are prejudiced. Maybe you don't know it, but you are. Lots of people like you in places close to reservations.
Ok, quote them then.

PlayerRep said:
Box and HandBasket,

12 has said that the UW/Cat transfer has low IQ, without any basis whatsoever for saying that (as verified by the Cat fan, and I agree), and the fact that he played on the Rez should have been a red flag to Sprinkle and me. To me, red flag means that Sprinkle shouldn't have taken him because he came from a reservation.

How does that not show prejudice against Native Americans?

Since I am Native American, and did grow up for 12 years on a reservation, and worked on the res every summer into college, and still go to our family ranch frequently, I can assure you that 12's words have offended me and I believe he has shown ignorance and prejudice towards Native Americans.

Slippery slope fallacy on the reservation comment. I don’t know how many times I have to explain what I mean by low IQ, but here we go. By “low iq”, I’m talking specifically about his poor shot selection. In my mind, if a player has poor shot selection, they cannot be a high IQ basketball player regardless of how well they understand other areas of the game. If you have a different way you evaluate a players basketball IQ, that’s fine. But from the way I look at it, he is not a smart basketball player, and won’t be until he can improve his shot selection and discipline. If you’d like to argue he doesn’t have poor shot selection, I’d refer you to his 25% Field goal percentage and 20% for 3. I’d also refer you to watch any of the UW games from the past two seasons. I watched the kid play for two years to form this evaluation. If you disagree with my evaluation, that’s fine, but calling it baseless is just failing to listen to someone who watched the kid plenty of times.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:
Ok, quote them then.

I did quote several of them.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:
Ok, quote them then.

I did quote several of them.

You said you based it off of multiple phrases that are PREJUDICE. We aren’t talking about how you define basketball IQ right now. We’re talking about prejudice. Name them. Name the “multiple” of my prejudiced phrases. You won’t be able to.

Back