• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Momberg lands....

MikeyGriz said:
Still waiting for that head coach that comes out and says, "Yeah, we signed them, but they're really not that great and we aren't all that excited about it. We really just settled for a warm body to fill out the roster!" :roll:

No coach would sign someone who they felt like that about.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
Still waiting for that head coach that comes out and says, "Yeah, we signed them, but they're really not that great and we aren't all that excited about it. We really just settled for a warm body to fill out the roster!" :roll:

No coach would sign someone who they felt like that about.

No way you get to your 30,000th (really?) EGriz post on this thread! Such a life!

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:
That was when I looked at a players interest and drew a conclusion from there. I’m much more knowledgeable about college basketball now, and actually follow the CBB recruiting scene. I obviously didn’t back then. And yes, the main other UW player who stood out as being a low IQ basketball player was Hameir Wright, as well as Erik Stevenson at times. If you’re judging my knowledge about recruiting on a post from 2018, go for it. Absolutely how many games I watched was enough to form a solid opinion. Let’s hear how many UW games you’ve watched these past two years...
My views about Momberg are shared by about every other poser on this board other than yourself.

You still don't understand basketball. Self-taught on the Internet, and now know more than Sprinkle. Pretty funny. Few posters have said what they think about Momberg 5'8" sure isn't too short to be a D-I guard. I'll take what the Western coach said about Momberg over you or anyone on the board. "“We are excited to add Joelnell to our family,” Woolley said in the release. “She is an elite shooter who has a tremendous work ethic and a very high basketball IQ. Bulldog fans will enjoy watching her for the next four years and I can’t wait to coach her.” She is also a good ball handler and passer, and works well with getting teammates involved.

Taught through experience and being well coached when I did play. I never called Momberg a low IQ basketball player, by the way. Actually thought she was a pretty cerebral basketball player, but lacked the physical side of things. Not height. Like I’ve also said before, she’s a tweener. Too short to be a wing, too slow to be a guard. And yes, she’s a good shooter, but that’s not enough to get you on a division one floor. I also never said I thought I knew more than Sprinkle. That was you again. You are just putting the words in my mouth at this point.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:
You still don't understand basketball. Self-taught on the Internet, and now know more than Sprinkle. Pretty funny. Few posters have said what they think about Momberg 5'8" sure isn't too short to be a D-I guard. I'll take what the Western coach said about Momberg over you or anyone on the board. "“We are excited to add Joelnell to our family,” Woolley said in the release. “She is an elite shooter who has a tremendous work ethic and a very high basketball IQ. Bulldog fans will enjoy watching her for the next four years and I can’t wait to coach her.” She is also a good ball handler and passer, and works well with getting teammates involved.

Taught through experience and being well coached when I did play. I never called Momberg a low IQ basketball player, by the way. Actually thought she was a pretty cerebral basketball player, but lacked the physical side of things. Not height. Like I’ve also said before, she’s a tweener. Too short to be a wing, too slow to be a guard. And yes, she’s a good shooter, but that’s not enough to get you on a division one floor. I also never said I thought I knew more than Sprinkle. That was you again. You are just putting the words in my mouth at this point.
12, I’m not certain that you are the poster that said Indian basketball is just run and shoot with no defense? Those comments are not even close to the truth. I’ve watched more Indian basketball than most on this board, and I’ve seen some of the best defense of any basketball I’ve watched, which includes ACC games.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

Your saying Brown/Egun would be as good or better than Rorie/Oguine is all I need to know. No person who knew even a tiny bit about basketball would ever say or think that.

Spanky2 said:
UMFan12 said:
12, I’m not certain that you are the poster that said Indian basketball is just run and shoot with no defense? Those comments are not even close to the truth. I’ve watched more Indian basketball than most on this board, and I’ve seen some of the best defense of any basketball I’ve watched, which includes ACC games.
Nope, never said that either. Is it just a habit amongst posters on this board to claim people said things they never did?

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:

Your saying Brown/Egun would be as good or better than Rorie/Oguine is all I need to know. No person who knew even a tiny bit about basketball would ever say or think that.
PR, please read my posts for once. I’ve already explained that was before I closely followed the CBB recruiting scene like I do now. By me saying that though, it proves I am not prejudice as Brown is a N.A. What will you accuse me of next?

UMFan12 said:
Spanky2 said:
Nope, never said that either. Is it just a habit amongst posters on this board to claim people said things they never did?

Some posters, very much so! Especially when they are losing arguments or can't back up their claims! :oops:

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:
PR, please read my posts for once. I’ve already explained that was before I closely followed the CBB recruiting scene like I do now. By me saying that though, it proves I am not prejudice as Brown is a N.A. What will you accuse me of next?

You saying you've only "followed" CBB since 2018 doesn't help your credibility much.......enough to handle your own with PR but that's not saying much at all. But he's got you on one point......the "Brown/Egun" quote never had a chance against Oguine/Rorie. You didn't need to follow any recruiting sites to figure that one out.

Mousegriz said:
UMFan12 said:

You saying you've only "followed" CBB since 2018 doesn't help your credibility much.......enough to handle your own with PR but that's not saying much at all. But he's got you on one point......the "Brown/Egun" quote never had a chance against Oguine/Rorie. You didn't need to follow any recruiting sites to figure that one out.

Yes, I'm aware. That being said, I've quickly learned a hell of a lot about the college basketball recruiting scene. Wasn't following it when Oguine and Rorie came around really at all. Knew who they were, didn't know the recruiting background. It's also important to know I wasn't the one who made the Brown-Egun to Rorie-Oguine comparison, rather that I agreed the best basketball was ahead and they would be the backcourt when it happened. Looking back, it's obviously a dumb statement and is one I wouldn't make today. But at the same time, PR is still wrong in this case, and I still know college basketball very well.

UMFan12 said:
Mousegriz said:

Yes, I'm aware. That being said, I've quickly learned a hell of a lot about the college basketball recruiting scene. Wasn't following it when Oguine and Rorie came around really at all. Knew who they were, didn't know the recruiting background. It's also important to know I wasn't the one who made the Brown-Egun to Rorie-Oguine comparison, rather that I agreed the best basketball was ahead and they would be the backcourt when it happened. Looking back, it's obviously a dumb statement and is one I wouldn't make today. But at the same time, PR is still wrong in this case, and I still know college basketball very well.

PR is a football guy. He thinks a basketball is a medicine ball.

citay said:
UMFan12 said:

PR is a football guy. He thinks a basketball is a medicine ball.

12, Citay probably agreed with you on Brown/Egun. In fact, he probably thought they were an FBS backcourt.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:
An FBS backcourt you say? Wrong sport bud

Citay’s language not mine. Take it up with him.

I said Montana had a "Power Five" backcourt, not an "FBS" backcourt. FBS does not exist in college basketball.

Here's a simple formula for de-coding ALL PR's posts. Think "FBS." Now drop the F.

Back