• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Learn to read [#]f### tard:

They loved him in practice reps all week
He didn’t do anything in the game itself

Both of those statements are 100% fact.

Based on his performance for the week, including the game, most of the draft experts had him on their lists of those that raised their stock the most. Your comment saying he did not do anything in the game is not accurate. According to some scouts they were impressed with the way he performed in the game with regard to reaction time, speed, mobility, and dropping back in pass coverage. A couple of scouts thought he has a higher upside over time than Muma. .

I watched the entire game. I don’t believe his name was even mentioned on TV. He overshot a coupe gaps and had some RBs go right by him. He literally did nothing in the game.

I know he turned a lot of heads in practice all week. My point was he was pretty much invisible in the game itself. Much like he was in the chipper this year.

Now, provide proof of these things you stated….that scouts were impressed with what he did in the actual game. Until you provide those links I won’t believe you because your reputation to be completely full of shit here is very real. I know he had a lot of praise during practice week. There’s no way he had a bunch of praise from the game itself because he literally did nothing.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
Based on his performance for the week, including the game, most of the draft experts had him on their lists of those that raised their stock the most. Your comment saying he did not do anything in the game is not accurate. According to some scouts they were impressed with the way he performed in the game with regard to reaction time, speed, mobility, and dropping back in pass coverage. A couple of scouts thought he has a higher upside over time than Muma. .

I watched the entire game. I don’t believe his name was even mentioned on TV. He overshot a coupe gaps and had some RBs go right by him. He literally did nothing in the game.

I know he turned a lot of heads in practice all week. My point was he was pretty much invisible in the game itself. Much like he was in the chipper this year.

Now, provide proof of these things you stated….that scouts were impressed with what he did in the actual game. Until you provide those links I won’t believe you because your reputation to be completely full of shit here is very real. I know he had a lot of praise during practice week. There’s no way he had a bunch of praise from the game itself because he literally did nothing.
The kid was impressive all week. You're going to look like an idiot shittinng on him. He's a kid from Dillon probably going to be drafted in the second round of the NFL draft. You just look petty dude. Be happy for him.

indian-outlaw said:
HookedonGriz said:

The kid was impressive all week. You're going to look like an idiot shittinng on him. He's a kid from Dillon probably going to be drafted in the second round of the NFL draft. You just look petty dude. Be happy for him.

Seems you’re not too bright either. Must be a cat troll as well.

The question was asked “how did he do in the game itself”

I answered that question that he didn’t do much at all in the game itself….that he was pretty invisible much like he was in the chipper in Frisco. I added that I know he turned heads all week though through the practices.

All of those statements are 100% facts. The issue here is cat trolls like BS33 (and what is looking more and more like yourself) want to make this into something else because your feelers get hurt.

I am happy for him. He will get drafted (not in the second round). He is a stud. He will play on Sundays. He didn’t do anything in the game itself. He didn’t do anything in the chipper.

All of those can be true at the same time.

HookedonGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

I answered that question that he didn’t do much at all in the game itself….that he was pretty invisible much like he was in the chipper in Frisco. I added that I know he turned heads all week though through the practices.

All of those statements are 100% facts. The issue here is cat trolls like BS33 (and what is looking more and more like yourself) want to make this into something else because your feelers get hurt.

I am happy for him. He will get drafted (not in the second round). He is a stud. He will play on Sundays. He didn’t do anything in the game itself. He didn’t do anything in the chipper.

Outlaw is right, you come across as a petty a--hole. To say he did nothing in the game I think any scout would disagree. Do you really think scouts were looking at if he over ran a couple of gaps. Scouts are looking at a much bigger picture. According to them, he showed some outstanding attributes in practices and in the game. Thus, one of the players raising their stock the most during the week, including the game.

HookedonGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

I agree with you that all those things can be true at the same time. I also agree that us Cats fans are pretty exited about him, and what his potential at the NFL level could be, and that is clouding the eyes of SOME Bobcat fans... Where I disagree is saying that he did "Nothing" during the All Star game. I will say again, that it is hard to really stand out in an All Star game, because you are playing one series, then sitting out for 2-3, and then coming back in for one... I look at other things when it comes to All Star games. Did they start the actual game (he did) are they in charge of their position group when on the field (he was during the 1st 2 series he was in on). Did he make plays when he was suppose to... HERE is where you can start to nit-pick the game itself... I BELIEVE (and this is just my opinion from watching) that he did do that in his 1st couple series. He played his role, and did it well (3 tackles on the 1st 2 series he was in on)... Later in the game, I think he, and others, got to aggressive trying to "Make a big Play". When you can't blitz at all, LB's tend to get fidgety and want to blow something up. When you do this, you tend to get yourself out of position. (think of going against triple option teams... It is REALLY hard for these athletic kids to sit back and let the game come to them when they are use to blowing things up). AGAIN... I THINK that he did very well in the actual game. He is still learning, but showed that he belongs out there with the best, and the fact that he was the signal caller on the field during the #1 All Star game, shows that the NFL coaches that were running this, saw him as one of the top guys there..

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Outlaw is right, you come across as a petty a--hole. To say he did nothing in the game I think any scout would disagree. Do you really think scouts were looking at if he over ran a couple of gaps. Scouts are looking at a much bigger picture. According to them, he showed some outstanding attributes in practices and in the game. Thus, one of the players raising their stock the most during the week, including the game.

He does the little things that might not jump off the page at you. Not gonna outrun anyone but knows his role and "stays home". Added value guy. Tape-it-up-rub-some-dirt-on-it guy. Cares more about boxing out than shooting. Not afraid to punch out and take the bogey when he's in trouble off the tee. Sneaky fast. First one in, last one out. Grinder.

Talking about Hooked.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

He does the little things that might not jump off the page at you. Not gonna outrun anyone but knows his role and "stays home". Added value guy. Tape-it-up-rub-some-dirt-on-it guy. Cares more about boxing out than shooting. Not afraid to punch out and take the bogey when he's in trouble off the tee. Sneaky fast. First one in, last one out. Grinder.

Talking about Hooked.

LOL, I agree but will add that sometimes too agressive and overplays his hand. Nice summary CDA! :clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Talking about Hooked.

😂😂 that’s quality work there…again!

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:

I agree with you that all those things can be true at the same time. I also agree that us Cats fans are pretty exited about him, and what his potential at the NFL level could be, and that is clouding the eyes of SOME Bobcat fans... Where I disagree is saying that he did "Nothing" during the All Star game. I will say again, that it is hard to really stand out in an All Star game, because you are playing one series, then sitting out for 2-3, and then coming back in for one... I look at other things when it comes to All Star games. Did they start the actual game (he did) are they in charge of their position group when on the field (he was during the 1st 2 series he was in on). Did he make plays when he was suppose to... HERE is where you can start to nit-pick the game itself... I BELIEVE (and this is just my opinion from watching) that he did do that in his 1st couple series. He played his role, and did it well (3 tackles on the 1st 2 series he was in on)... Later in the game, I think he, and others, got to aggressive trying to "Make a big Play". When you can't blitz at all, LB's tend to get fidgety and want to blow something up. When you do this, you tend to get yourself out of position. (think of going against triple option teams... It is REALLY hard for these athletic kids to sit back and let the game come to them when they are use to blowing things up). AGAIN... I THINK that he did very well in the actual game. He is still learning, but showed that he belongs out there with the best, and the fact that he was the signal caller on the field during the #1 All Star game, shows that the NFL coaches that were running this, saw him as one of the top guys there..

Here’s my bold prediction: He comes nowhere NEAR the career Singleton has had and continues to have. Yet nary a peep about that guy.

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Did they start the actual game (he did) are they in charge of their position group when on the field (he was during the 1st 2 series he was in on).

after reading your statement about setting the defense yesterday, i happened to read an article on the senior bowl that went over lb's, and it reported that someone else (i think muma from wyoming, or whoever was the middle lb) called the defensive plays, not andersen. wish i could easily find the article, but it is out there somewhere, and i don't have the time to sift through them. the only reason i even noticed it is because i had just read what you wrote...

addendum, muma had 9 tackles. that doesn't really jibe with your statements...

argh! said:
SACCAT66 said:
Did they start the actual game (he did) are they in charge of their position group when on the field (he was during the 1st 2 series he was in on).

after reading your statement about setting the defense yesterday, i happened to read an article on the senior bowl that went over lb's, and it reported that someone else (i think muma from wyoming, or whoever was the middle lb) called the defensive plays, not andersen. wish i could easily find the article, but it is out there somewhere, and i don't have the time to sift through them. the only reason i even noticed it is because i had just read what you wrote...

addendum, muma had 9 tackles. that doesn't really jibe with your statements...
Muma looked the part out there. And called the plays when Troy wasn't in. But when Troy was in the game, even the reps playing alongside Muma, he was calling the defensive plays. I thought that was pretty cool.

Overall, I think he made the most of the entire week, and would guess he improved his stock a bit. Exciting time for the guy I'm sure

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

Here’s my bold prediction: He comes nowhere NEAR the career Singleton has had and continues to have. Yet nary a peep about that guy.

You could be correct. I laugh at Eagles fans on Twitter (SOME of them remind me a LOT of SOME people on here). Singleton makes a great play...Fans say "THIS is why he is a captain", then he misses a tackle, or is a little late in coverage, and it is "Singleton is a *^%$ing bust, get rid of this bum NOW". He can't seem to win. I have no clue how Andersens career will go in the NFL, he has a LOT to learn, but his upside is higher than anyone I have seen in a long time.

My gut tells me Troy will have a long NFL career as a special teamer and backup LB. Given his injury history I don't see his body holding up as an every down LB or safety, and lasting more than 3-4 years. I hope my gut is wrong.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

You could be correct. I laugh at Eagles fans on Twitter (SOME of them remind me a LOT of SOME people on here). Singleton makes a great play...Fans say "THIS is why he is a captain", then he misses a tackle, or is a little late in coverage, and it is "Singleton is a *^%$ing bust, get rid of this bum NOW". He can't seem to win. I have no clue how Andersens career will go in the NFL, he has a LOT to learn, but his upside is higher than anyone I have seen in a long time.

Imagine if he’d have been coached up for 4 years at one position instead of being a Swiss Army knife and being ridden like a rented mule by the prior coaching staff. Then he probably WOULD be a 2nd round pick.

horribilisfan8184 said:
My gut tells me Troy will have a long NFL career as a special teamer and backup LB. Given his injury history I don't see his body holding up as an every down LB or safety, and lasting more than 3-4 years. I hope my gut is wrong.

His body holding up is the reason why I don’t think he’ll have a career touching anything Singleton has done (to compare him to another ‘Scat player)…

just guessing that they saw the second play from scrimmage in the Missoula game, and they found a way to mention it in the article. :shock: :shock: :shock:

" . . . There are also instances when Andersen can position himself better, both in coverage and run defense. He doesn’t always get proper depth in coverage, and he can let players sneak past him. He can also leverage himself better in man coverage at times."

I think cat fans just make shit up and feel better about themselves. How tf you know Anderson was calling the plays? Is it because you saw him pointing at people? Letting other players know what an opposing player is doing, isn't calling plays.

Griz Addict said:
I think cat fans just make shit up and feel better about themselves. How tf you know Anderson was calling the plays? Is it because you saw him pointing at people? Letting other players know what an opposing player is doing, isn't calling plays.

:lol:

Griz Addict said:

I distinctly heard him say, “Trey-down 55 smash on me, ready, break! Falcon falcon falcon! Easy Denver, easy Denver, set hut!”

Back