• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

The only place I have read that Andersen won't be a good pro is on eGriz. Come on..man. The kid is from frickin Dillon, MT . I personally am glad he isn't playing against the Griz anymore. I think he is one of the best players I have watched in the Big Sky. If you looked at what he has accomplished on both offense and defense it really is amazing. First game as a true freshman 65 yds rushing and 2 TDs vs Griz. 2nd game 108 yards rushing and a TD along with 158 yds passing. In his last game vs Griz he had 10 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 sack and 1 INT. He has only played two years at LB so he has a huge ceiling. He will start on special teams for sure. But with his speed and athletic ability he can rush the passer and cover the TE. NFL defensive guys are creative enough to use players like that. And defenses have to have guys like that because athletic TE's are killing teams. He is going to have a great career.

indian-outlaw said:
HookedonGriz said:
I watched the entire game. I don’t believe his name was even mentioned on TV. He overshot a coupe gaps and had some RBs go right by him. He literally did nothing in the game.

I know he turned a lot of heads in practice all week. My point was he was pretty much invisible in the game itself. Much like he was in the chipper this year.

Now, provide proof of these things you stated….that scouts were impressed with what he did in the actual game. Until you provide those links I won’t believe you because your reputation to be completely full of shit here is very real. I know he had a lot of praise during practice week. There’s no way he had a bunch of praise from the game itself because he literally did nothing.
The kid was impressive all week. You're going to look like an idiot shittinng on him. He's a kid from Dillon probably going to be drafted in the second round of the NFL draft. You just look petty dude. Be happy for him.

While he may have improved his draft status, there is no way he's a 2d round draft pick. In the NFL draft site, he's rated as the no. 34 outside linebacker. That's not even close to second round. From another website: "Even though he’s a great athlete, his hip transitions can be a bit smoother at times. With his high-cut frame, Andersen’s feet can get tied up at times, and he can get flat-footed when changing directions. He’s reasonably agile but not elite there, and he also doesn’t have much twitch in short areas. Additionally, his top-end speed is not elite. Most of his range derives from his burst and long strides.

Moving away from his physical traits, Andersen can be a tick late recognizing play fakes at times. He’s sometimes drawn away from the ball by misdirections. Like many linebackers, he falls for eye candy at times. He can do a better job reading blocking techniques and angles to diagnose the play."

He's not slow, but he doesn't have great speed. If he's the fastest player on the Cats, the Cats are incredibly slow.

mthoopsfan said:
indian-outlaw said:
The kid was impressive all week. You're going to look like an idiot shittinng on him. He's a kid from Dillon probably going to be drafted in the second round of the NFL draft. You just look petty dude. Be happy for him.

While he may have improved his draft status, there is no way he's a 2d round draft pick. In the NFL draft site, he's rated as the no. 34 outside linebacker. That's not even close to second round. From another website: "Even though he’s a great athlete, his hip transitions can be a bit smoother at times. With his high-cut frame, Andersen’s feet can get tied up at times, and he can get flat-footed when changing directions. He’s reasonably agile but not elite there, and he also doesn’t have much twitch in short areas. Additionally, his top-end speed is not elite. Most of his range derives from his burst and long strides.

Moving away from his physical traits, Andersen can be a tick late recognizing play fakes at times. He’s sometimes drawn away from the ball by misdirections. Like many linebackers, he falls for eye candy at times. He can do a better job reading blocking techniques and angles to diagnose the play."

He's not slow, but he doesn't have great speed. If he's the fastest player on the Cats, the Cats are incredibly slow.

Idiotic.

Troys top speed during play in the Senior Bowl was measured as the top 6% of any LB in last 4 years. His acceleration was top 6% of any player measured.

Keep reading those old scouting reports and PM me if you're interested in a wager. Troy will be drafted prior to the 4th round. If you believe he's the 34th best LB, that money in your pocket.

SACCAT66 said:
(3 tackles on the 1st 2 series he was in on)
Huh? The paper said one solo tackle total for the entire game.
My gosh, I can’t imagine how many tackles Robbie Hauck would have if some Bubcat like you were counting.

garizzalies said:
SACCAT66 said:
My gosh, I can’t imagine how many tackles Robbie Hauck would have if some Bubcat like you were counting.

I watched the game... You know what...nope, I am not going to feed this anymore. We will all see what happens in the Draft. If he goes in the 3rd or 4th round, then great for him. If not and he gets drafted in the 5th-7th round, great for him. I will be rooting for him no matter what, just like I do for every kid that gets a chance at the NFL from any Montana School...

Personally, I hope he makes it and I will root for the team that plays him. Now on a motor home roadtrip and went through Dillon yesterday. Cold as hell but I thought of Troy.

mthoopsfan said:
indian-outlaw said:

Oh okay, thanks for the expert analysis.

Forgot to say (old you know) that Dillon is a perfect example of a "Montana Tough" town and Troy fits the bill.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz Addict said:
I think cat fans just make shit up and feel better about themselves. How tf you know Anderson was calling the plays? Is it because you saw him pointing at people? Letting other players know what an opposing player is doing, isn't calling plays.

I distinctly heard him say, “Trey-down 55 smash on me, ready, break! Falcon falcon falcon! Easy Denver, easy Denver, set hut!”

This is proof that he wasn't calling plays. According to the Book of Manning, there must be at least one "Omaha" included for it to be a legitimate play call. Troy was just trying to confuse the offense.

garizzalies said:
SACCAT66 said:

Here is the facts on how he did. He did play all three LB positions during the game, ILB, MLB OLB. Also, called defensive signals while in. Not surprised at that since he was a finalist for the Academic Heisman.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/eedition/page-b1/page_3e1d4f7b-4221-54e4-8297-74e54a3d3831.html

TA is a stud and I wish him the best of luck in the pros. Like Kupp I’m just glad we don’t have to see him line up against our team anymore and we can just enjoy and appreciate his success as a MT guy. Good luck Troy and Go Griz!

firmgriz said:
TA is a stud and I wish him the best of luck in the pros. Like Kupp I’m just glad we don’t have to see him line up against our team anymore and we can just enjoy and appreciate his success as a MT guy. Good luck Troy and Go Griz!

Once a Bobcat, always a Bobcat. Unless and until he plays for a team I respect, I shant cheer. I live by a code: Never forgive; but also, never forget.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Here is the facts on how he did. He did play all three LB positions during the game, ILB, MLB OLB. Also, called defensive signals while in. Not surprised at that since he was a finalist for the Academic Heisman.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/eedition/page-b1/page_3e1d4f7b-4221-54e4-8297-74e54a3d3831.html
Here is the facts [ :lol: ]: I couldn’t get your link to open (and glad I avoided the probable Rick-roll) but the real article cited previously in this thread said the cowboy had “one solo” tackle for the whole game. “One”!! That’s not my word or my count; that’s the official stat.

SuckCat tried saying 3 tackles in two series, but I’m not sure he was watching the same game. It’s already been proven that you guys can’t read or count. Does the cowboy get credited for another tackle for each click you get on your Rick-roll link? I think he was just credited for another tackle. And another!

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
Do you really think scouts were looking at if he over ran a couple of gaps.
Ahhh....yea? Is this a serious question?

You are good at taking things out of context. And yes, the article states he had three tackles and most of the plays he was in on were in pass coverage in which he did good. The main thing is that scouts were very impressed with him for his play during the whole week in both practice and the game. As a result his stock rose greatly in the draft. Your effort to disparage his performance is right in line with your usual dumb posts. I will ask again, please tell us that you did not graduate from UM? If you did, we will better understand why the UM is struggling financially.

GET OVER IT! If all you haters actually knew Troy you would love the kid. Humble, down to earth, hard working, excellent student, i could go on and on about his character. Stitt waited until last second to recruit Troy(July of summer before senior year), Cats were all over him as a since sophomore year in high school(blame it on Stitt). Pathetic to root against a Montana kid! I am as Grizzly as they come, but i will be rooting with pride for him in the NFL!

MikeyGriz said:
Facts from the Bozeman Comical? Which is it going to be; facts or the comical?

Here's what pff probably the most credible publication that covers nfl said about Anderson.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-reeses-senior-bowl-day-3-practice-highlights-analysis-takeaways&ved=2ahUKEwinl_6J6fD1AhXDkYkEHTHjBugQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1QUfP1_HrEc42S4mfx56Oz

Pretty good stuff, from people who cover the league for a living.

wyomingriz said:
GET OVER IT! If all you haters actually knew Troy you would love the kid. Humble, down to earth, hard working, excellent student, i could go on and on about his character. Stitt waited until last second to recruit Troy(July of summer before senior year), Cats were all over him as a since sophomore year in high school(blame it on Stitt). Pathetic to root against a Montana kid! I am as Grizzly as they come, but i will be rooting with pride for him in the NFL!

Well, now that you put it that way, you've completely changed my mind. I shall root for him with pride. I hope he hears about this development, and it gives him the strength he needs to proceed, the strength he needs to believe. My thoughts, Troy, I just can't define. Wish I could turn back the hands of time. Us in the 406, shop for new clothes and kicks. You and me takin' flics. Makin' hits, stages they receive you on, still can't believe you're gone. Give anything to hear half your breath. I know you still livin' your life after graduation.

Back