• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Dumb, Dumb, and Dumber.

Knowing the Anderson clan this interview smells of complete fiction.

Damn@! You saw right through my evil scheme! I fabricated the entire interview. You should run for political office with your skills.

bigsky33 said:
griz98 said:
Bucky Brooks at ESPN had Anderson listed as the #4 ranked linebacker.

25 pages of posts on EGriz and the draft is still a week away. Troy has sure made an impact on Griz fans. I wish him well. He was so much fun to watch. He will represent Montana well in the NFL.

Many of the posts are yours, not Griz fans.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33772669/nfl-draft-2022-risers-seven-prospects-climbed-board-year-including-jelani-woods

retiredpopo said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33772669/nfl-draft-2022-risers-seven-prospects-climbed-board-year-including-jelani-woods

That quote is basically what Griz fans have been saying all along. IF he’d been allowed to play his best position for four years, he’d probably be a DAY ONE linebacker, not a day two linebacker.

Bear Spray said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Dumb, Dumb, and Dumber.

Knowing the Anderson clan this interview smells of complete fiction.

Damn@! You saw right through my evil scheme! I fabricated the entire interview. You should run for political office with your skills.

Actually, that was done for the benefit of those without the ability to see complete B.S., let alone see right through it (think cat fans).

horribilisfan8184 said:
Bear Spray said:

Actually, that was done for the benefit of those without the ability to see complete B.S., let alone see right through it (think cat fans).

I’m honestly very surprised that Choach hasn’t run for permanent emperor of Bozeman. He’d get at least 90% of the vote by promising to put coca-cola in the drinking fountains, rebuilding all the houses out of gumdrops, and declaring that tacos are free on Tuesdays.

6duzi1.jpg

horribilisfan8184 said:
Bear Spray said:

I'd estimate 95% of Egriz posts are complete B.S. , yours above falls into that group. Mine do too for the most part. But I posted an interview that Troy Andersen did - quoted his words. Pretty sure that one falls in the 5% bin. I trust Colter Nuanez & a day or so ago he had this to say "...Troy Andersen is certainly the most talented and most transcendent player I've ever covered in my 16 years as a sportswriter covering the Big Sky Conference. But I also believe he is one of the great players in the history of Montana State Football, one of the great players of the State of Montana, and one of the great players of not only the Big Sky Conference but the Football Championship Subdivision." It doesn't matter when he gets drafted. It doesn't matter who drafts him as long as it's the Dolphins. He's one of the greatest footballl players, all time, that ever played for MSU or UM.

Not to add fuel to the fire or wether you root for him or not, but here’s a pretty good article on him…except for the 1st paragraph gave me a laugh as it should all Griz fans

“ The NFL draft’s most intriguing linebacker prospect hasn’t always been content just blowing up running plays in the backfield or blanketing slot receivers over the middle.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-nfl-prospect-troy-andersen-who-can-play-anywhere-142312889.html

Bear Spray said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I'd estimate 95% of Egriz posts are complete B.S. , yours above falls into that group. Mine do too for the most part. But I posted an interview that Troy Andersen did - quoted his words. Pretty sure that one falls in the 5% bin. I trust Colter Nuanez & a day or so ago he had this to say "...Troy Andersen is certainly the most talented and most transcendent player I've ever covered in my 16 years as a sportswriter covering the Big Sky Conference. But I also believe he is one of the great players in the history of Montana State Football, one of the great players of the State of Montana, and one of the great players of not only the Big Sky Conference but the Football Championship Subdivision." It doesn't matter when he gets drafted. It doesn't matter who drafts him as long as it's the Dolphins. He's one of the greatest footballl players, all time, that ever played for MSU or UM.

fake news? ;)

tgreseth said:
Bear Spray said:

fake news? ;)
Pretty much. We all know Colter is MSU's biggest fan.

Bear Spray said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

You see I'm covered. Either Troy did say those things, as you say he did, and he is that naïve, or you made him look that naïve. I'm just glad the orphans of Bozeman have someone to feed them on weekends and old ladies there can safely cross the street.

Bear Spray said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Your 1st sentence is, w/out a doubt, 100% accurate. The rest of the paragraph I believe your trying to state as fact based off of one person’s opinion. Let me change the name and we could argue it as fact also.

" “...Dave Dickenson is certainly the most talented and most transcendent…player in the Big Sky Conference. But I also believe he is one of the great players in the history of Montana Football, one of the great players of the State of Montana, and one of the great players of not only the Big Sky Conference but the Football Championship Subdivision." It doesn't matter when he gets drafted. It doesn't matter who drafts him as long as it's the Dolphins. He's one of the greatest footballl players, all time, that ever played for MSU or UM. “

There, now that’s a fact. Wether Dave was drafted or not, he’s the greatest player in the history of football in the state of Montana.

alabamagrizzly said:
Bear Spray said:

Your 1st sentence is, w/out a doubt, 100% accurate. The rest of the paragraph I believe your trying to state as fact based off of one person’s opinion. Let me change the name and we could argue it as fact also.

" “...Dave Dickenson is certainly the most talented and most transcendent…player in the Big Sky Conference. But I also believe he is one of the great players in the history of Montana Football, one of the great players of the State of Montana, and one of the great players of not only the Big Sky Conference but the Football Championship Subdivision." It doesn't matter when he gets drafted. It doesn't matter who drafts him as long as it's the Dolphins. He's one of the greatest footballl players, all time, that ever played for MSU or UM. “

There, now that’s a fact. Wether Dave was drafted or not, he’s the greatest player in the history of football in the state of Montana.

Super Dave was a great one, but.....he played a long ass time before Colter's 16 year career. If you're going to use a quote, make sure you do it accurately and don't edit it to fit your needs. Yes, for sure there are others - how about Cooper Kupp? Yet Colter's pick is Mr. Andersen. He's not a Griz or a Cat homer either like you and me! ;)

Bear Spray said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Super Dave was a great one, but.....he played a long ass time before Colter's 16 year career. If you're going to use a quote, make sure you do it accurately and don't edit it to fit your needs. Yes, for sure there are others - how about Cooper Kupp? Yet Colter's pick is Mr. Andersen. He's not a Griz or a Cat homer either like you and me! ;)

Oh, I’m sorry. I thought we were talking about the history of Montana, not Colters extremely limited history of only 16 years. A far smaller sample size makes it much easier to cherry pick your favorite player as the greatest ever. Now I see how you think you win the discussion.

alabamagrizzly said:
Bear Spray said:

Oh, I’m sorry. I thought we were talking about the history of Montana, not Colters extremely limited history of only 16 years. A far smaller sample size makes it much easier to cherry pick your favorite player as the greatest ever. Now I see how you think you win the discussion.

Scottie Scheffler is the greatest player to ever play golf. In my two months of paying attention, he has been the best.

CDAGRIZ said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Scottie Scheffler is the greatest player to ever play golf. In my two months of paying attention, he has been the best.

Last week I saw a kid go 2 for 4 at the plate and scored the only run in the game. No idea his name cus I’ve never payed that close attention to little league but he has to be the greatest ever, right?

alabamagrizzly said:
Bear Spray said:

So true. Super Dave is in the CFB hall of fame for cryin’ out loud.
The cowboy might sniff the NFR hall of fame but not the CFB one.
Dickenson is only the third person from the state of Montana to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. The others: Grizzly great William "Wild Bill" Kelly was inducted in 1969, as was former head coach Bernie Bierman

Named the greatest male athlete in the history of the Big Sky Conference on the 50th anniversary of the league, only three other players from the league have been enshrined at the College Football Hall of Fame: John Friesz (Idaho), Frank Hawkins (Nevada), and Randy Trautman (Boise State).

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Last week I saw a kid go 2 for 4 at the plate and scored the only run in the game. No idea his name cus I’ve never payed that close attention to little league but he has to be the greatest ever, right?

Cooperstown. Book it.

alabamagrizzly said:
Not to add fuel to the fire or wether you root for him or not, but here’s a pretty good article on him…except for the 1st paragraph gave me a laugh as it should all Griz fans

“ The NFL draft’s most intriguing linebacker prospect hasn’t always been content just blowing up running plays in the backfield or blanketing slot receivers over the middle.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-nfl-prospect-troy-andersen-who-can-play-anywhere-142312889.html

Here’s what I saw:

Andersen primarily returned to his preferred linebacker position as an upperclassman

If, in his first year focusing exclusively on middle linebacker, he blossomed into a unanimous FCS first-team All-American, how good could he become with more development and experience?

“A lot of guys are not too far from what they’re going to become when they get drafted,” Montana State football coach Brent Vigen told Yahoo Sports. “Troy still has a ways to go

With Montana State’s starting halfback serving a four-game suspension for an offseason DUI, Choate wondered if Andersen would be willing to switch to running back to fill the void.

“I had never played it before

When academic issues sidelined Montana State’s starting quarterback for the 2018 season, Choate said, “Let’s just revamp some stuff on offense and make him our quarterback.”

And yet Andersen still loved defense more

While Andersen may have desired an even greater workload, his body sent a message that he was stretching himself too thin.

If the knee injury contributed to Andersen playing almost exclusively defense as a senior, then it was probably a blessing in disguise. Because it was actually when Andersen got a chance to do less that he produced his best collegiate season and solidified himself as an NFL prospect.

Vigen committed to playing the fifth-year senior only at middle linebacker.

Focusing on one position for the first time in his college career, Andersen blossomed into maybe the nation’s best FCS defensive player.

might he be a more polished draft prospect today if he had stuck with one position?

“It obviously would have helped me become a more refined linebacker if I had played it exclusively,” Andersen says

How will Andersen fit in the NFL? Right now, there’s no consensus, aside from that he can make an instant impact on special teams. Some say he profiles best as a raw but athletically gifted linebacker who may require a couple years of development to reach his full potential.
This article is so nutty. Supports everything I’ve been saying.
Multiple times it said the kid was not able to “blossom” until he was allowed to focus exclusively on his favorite position.
It even says the knee injury contributed to the kid playing almost exclusively defense and was probably a blessing in disguise.
Blessing in disguise!
Took an injury for the misuse to end.
F’n crazy. And Choach is grinning through the whole article. Any other context and it’s abuse and a lawsuit, but this dude is laughing that he got paid at the kid’s expense.

Back