• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

6e4wwk.jpg

The last para of the article is my view:

"How will Andersen fit in the NFL? Right now, there’s no consensus, aside from that he can make an instant impact on special teams. Some say he profiles best as a raw but athletically gifted linebacker who may require a couple years of development to reach his full potential."

The NFL loves athleticism and speed. He has both. Does that make him a 2d round pick? I still don't think so. Does that make him a day 1 starter? I can't imagine that it does. But, I was wrong on his elite speed, so maybe I will continue to be on a roll, the wrong way. Good luck to the kid. I hope his NFL career is a as good as the Mexican food truck in downtown Dillon.

mthoopsfan said:

"How will Andersen fit in the NFL? Right now, there’s no consensus, aside from that he can make an instant impact on special teams. Some say he profiles best as a raw but athletically gifted linebacker who may require a couple years of development to reach his full potential."

The NFL loves athleticism and speed. He has both. Does that make him a 2d round pick? I still don't think so. Does that make him a day 1 starter? I can't imagine that it does. But, I was wrong on his elite speed, so maybe I will continue to be on a roll, the wrong way. Good luck to the kid. I hope his NFL career is a as good as the Mexican food truck in downtown Dillon.

If you're talking the converted bus, :thumb: :thumb:

mthoopsfan said:

My Wild Ass Guess prediction is Troy goes to Buffalo in the 2nd. They currently have pick 57.

wbtfg said:
mthoopsfan said:

My Wild Ass Guess prediction is Troy goes to Buffalo in the 2nd. They currently have pick 57.

I’ve read that he’s probably going to go to the Jets at #146.

I see him going pick #72 to the Seahawks. Top of the 3rd round seems perfect for a freak athlete like Troy, who has a good bit left to learn about the LB position still.

GrizLawGrad said:
I see him going pick #72 to the Seahawks. Top of the 3rd round seems perfect for a freak athlete like Troy, who has a good bit left to learn about the LB position still.

After 27 pages of this thread I am glad to see the Draft has finally arrived. If Troy goes in the first three rounds, good for him. A great player and person, I was glad to have had the opportunity to watch him. It will be interesting to see how his NFL career develops.

bigsky33 said:
GrizLawGrad said:

After 27 pages of this thread I am glad to see the Draft has finally arrived. If Troy goes in the first three rounds, good for him. A great player and person, I was glad to have had the opportunity to watch him. It will be interesting to see how his NFL career develops.

Me too. Because it means the death of this fucking thread.

My prediction: late 4th or 5th round. Ends up on practice squad or injured reserve and eventually gets an injury settlement and plays very little if ever on Sundays.

AZGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:

Me too. Because it means the death of this f###[#] thread.

My prediction: late 4th or 5th round. Ends up on practice squad or injured reserve and eventually gets an injury settlement and plays very little if ever on Sundays.

Oh, I predict this thread will continue for some time after the draft!

Bear Spray said:
AZGrizFan said:

Oh, I predict this thread will continue for some time after the draft!

I agree it could run for years...

AZGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:

Wow... That's bleak. I hope you are really wrong, and that this isn't what you are hoping for.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Wow... That's bleak. I hope you are really wrong, and that this isn't what you are hoping for.

No, definitely not what I’m hoping for. But with his injury history, I just don’t see a long, fruitful career for him in the NFL, which makes small college football look like Childs play for the most part.

AZGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:

Ala Jordan Tripp

Was remembering Chris Gocong from Cal Poly in 2006. He was a quarterback in HS. At CP he bounced around the defense playing nose tackle, linebacker and finally DE where he settled in as a dominant pass rusher. He was a third round pick and had a very solid NFL career. Not necessarily similar players but similar circumstances.

Back