• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

Copper Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Kupp has to be top 5. He just signed a $48 million contract.

Good point. If he stays healthy he will
Probably be the #1 for career earnings.

Yep. That $48 million contract was a frigging BARGAIN for the Rams.

Griz Addict said:
poorgriz said:
He'll be drafted in the 3rd round at the latest. It all depends on how he does in the combine. If he blows everyone away, he'll probably go in the 2nd round. If not, still no way he gets out of the third unless something crazy happens.
I'd be surprised if he went in the 4th.. my guess is 5-6th round. But, he'll probably be an UDFA.

I agree with 5th/6th round. With his injury history UDFA isn’t out of the question.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz Addict said:
I'd be surprised if he went in the 4th.. my guess is 5-6th round. But, he'll probably be an UDFA.

I agree with 5th/6th round. With his injury history UDFA isn’t out of the question.

Hey Vandal, I heard the new football coach at your alma mater Idaho, Jason eck is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail for you guys... according to 247 scouts he's got the 2nd ranked class in the big sky for the upcoming football season..

According to former gris and Vandal trase letexier he absolutely loves what eck is doing already...how about you? Idaho big sky conference winner next couple years....#vandalup#.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
my neighbor is absolutely convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the cowboy will go in the second round or third at the latest.

He'll be drafted in the 3rd round at the latest. It all depends on how he does in the combine. If he blows everyone away, he'll probably go in the 2nd round. If not, still no way he gets out of the third unless something crazy happens.
Ok I was like half-teasing but I realize you’re being totally serious. Are there really draft experts saying 3rd round at most?

If he is guaranteed 3rd round, why would he even risk the combine? What if he got hurt or showed bad?

To take him that high, there must be a bunch of NFL teams looking for a project special teams guy from the FCS, huh? Or are you suggesting he will be a starter as a rookie?

Do a lot of FCS guys go by the third round? Seems like there’s only been a few ever. How about FCS projects guys who only played the position for one year in college and have a tendency to over run plays and get burned in coverage?

I pointed all this out to my neighbor but I might as well talk to his favorite tree stump. He guaranteed the cowboy will at least have a long career as a special teamer. His reasoning for this conclusion—the cowboy “was the first one down the field on the kickoffs at the senior bowl!” I tried to tell him that FCS special teams guys do not ususually get drafted at all, let alone by the 3rd, but he is a true believer.

I remember all these fat buffalo fans telling us Jabril Cox would go in the first round. After transferring to an SEC school, he dropped to the middle of the 4th round. Cox may not have had the cowboy’s measurements but he was a better LBer from a much better conference.

Cowboys84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Hey Vandal, I heard the new football coach at your alma mater Idaho, Jason eck is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail for you guys... according to 247 scouts he's got the 2nd ranked class in the big sky for the upcoming football season..

According to former gris and Vandal trase letexier he absolutely loves what eck is doing already...how about you? Idaho big sky conference winner next couple years....#vandalup#.
Now this is the kind of focused, nose to the grindstone, trolling that we need on Super Sunday. :clap: I'd call you a blow job because you never disappoint but you're more like herpes; can't remember where you came from and know that you will never go away.

SaskGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

Now this is the kind of focused, nose to the grindstone, trolling that we need on Super Sunday. :clap: I'd call you a blow job because you never disappoint but you're more like herpes; can't remember where you came from and know that you will never go away.

Figured you would be baby seal watching today... I mean isn't that what most of you do up there?

Cowboys84 said:
SaskGriz said:

Figured you would be baby seal watching today... I mean isn't that what most of you do up there?
touche? I guess? Is the default to attack the country? Does that pass for clever in your world?

I kind of expect more from you. Make fun of our prime minister's hair, the metric system, the goofs we have blocking the border to get rid of a restriction that would simply be enforced on your side of the same border, our Queen's son is a pedo, etc.... Baby seals? What the hell is that?

This is Super Sunday, bring the heat! Tell us, that you heard NAU has the best class in the FCS outside of the MVC. Bobby Hauck can't fish. NDSU just signed a kid who turned down Alabama, Georgia, and a Nobel Prize. Montana State built a building that is safe enough to not collapse until 2025, anything.

SaskGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:
touche? I guess? Is the default to attack the country? Does that pass for clever in your world?

I kind of expect more from you. Make fun of our prime minister's hair, the metric system, the goofs we have blocking the border to get rid of a restriction that would simply be enforced on your side of the same border, our Queen's son is a pedo, etc.... Baby seals? What the hell is that?

This is Super Sunday, bring the heat! Tell us, that you heard NAU has the best class in the FCS outside of the MVC. Bobby Hauck can't fish. NDSU just signed a kid who turned down Alabama, Georgia, and a Nobel Prize. Montana State built a building that is safe enough to not collapse until 2025, anything.

For decades, I was under the impression the North Dakota was actually in Canada. Then, I saw it on final Jeopardy that it actually isn’t real. It just flat-out doesn’t exist. Nobody has ever been there. The Bizon play on a sound stage in Culver City. That’s where the name Culver’s comes from.

SaskGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

There are a lot of things that I could make up about the frozen wasteland... Baby seal watching is just a fact, you know it... I know it...

SaskGriz said:
My two cents; he's a very good athlete. He's quicker than Dante Olson but doesn't have anywhere near the feel for the game at LB. Watching him get postered by an 18 year old Freshman at Cat/Griz was a precursor to the way NDSU abused him. That being said he's a hell of an athlete and remember he's been essentially uncoached for the last five years.

Not all my points are necessarily directed at you-I agree with you for the most part, Sask.

Yeah, he IS quicker than Dante Olson. However, Dante Olson never played one snap in the NFL, even though many on this site were similarly praising him before reality set in. Why waste an early draft-pick on a special-teams/back-up guy? That's what Troy Andersen will be in the NFL. I DO believe Andersen will get some NFL opps (and get drafted late), but how many white starting LBS are there in the NFL? I don't know that answer, but I bet it's under 10. I refuse to believe that any NFL team sees him as anything more than a special teams/backup guy.

There has only been one Montana native to play in the NFL the last 3 years (Dissly),so I am rooting for him for that reason, but I will be shocked if he is drafted before the 5th round. I think this 3rd or 4th round (top 100 overall) talk is clueless.

SaskGriz said:
Make fun of our prime minister's hair, the metric system, the goofs we have blocking the border to get rid of a restriction that would simply be enforced on your side of the same border,
I could care less about your prime minister's hair, it's what's underneath it that's the problem, control freak that he is. Most Americans are on the side of the "goofs" that stand up and say, "enough is enough" and have no support for Trudo's Marxism. In case you haven't noticed, the overreach mandates are disappearing like flies down here. Elections have consequences if you can sort out the fraud and the blue side has sh!t in its own bed consistently. "Let's Go Brandon" is everywhere.

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
Make fun of our prime minister's hair, the metric system, the goofs we have blocking the border to get rid of a restriction that would simply be enforced on your side of the same border,
I could care less about your prime minister's hair, it's what's underneath it that's the problem, control freak that he is. Most Americans are on the side of the "goofs" that stand up and say, "enough is enough" and have no support for Trudo's Marxism. In case you haven't noticed, the overreach mandates are disappearing like flies down here. Elections have consequences if you can sort out the fraud and the blue side has sh!t in its own bed consistently. "Let's Go Brandon" is everywhere.

No dog in the fight because I’m in between the ages of 22 and 75 so I don’t know everything about everything anymore/yet, but I’ve never understood why they don’t just say “Fuck Joe Biden”. Pretty sure it’s ok to dislike a politician still without speaking in code, but I’m way out of the loop when it comes to all of that stuff.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

No dog in the fight because I’m in between the ages of 22 and 75 so I don’t know everything about everything anymore/yet, but I’ve never understood why they don’t just say “[#]f### Joe Biden”. Pretty sure it’s ok to dislike a politician still without speaking in code, but I’m way out of the loop when it comes to all of that stuff.
Many prefer to express themselves in a way different from Snoop Dog.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
No dog in the fight because I’m in between the ages of 22 and 75 so I don’t know everything about everything anymore/yet, but I’ve never understood why they don’t just say “[#]f### Joe Biden”. Pretty sure it’s ok to dislike a politician still without speaking in code, but I’m way out of the loop when it comes to all of that stuff.
Many prefer to express themselves in a way different from Snoop Dog.

Ah, got it. :thumb:

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Ok I was like half-teasing but I realize you’re being totally serious. Are there really draft experts saying 3rd round at most?

If he is guaranteed 3rd round, why would he even risk the combine? What if he got hurt or showed bad?

To take him that high, there must be a bunch of NFL teams looking for a project special teams guy from the FCS, huh? Or are you suggesting he will be a starter as a rookie?

Do a lot of FCS guys go by the third round? Seems like there’s only been a few ever. How about FCS projects guys who only played the position for one year in college and have a tendency to over run plays and get burned in coverage?

I pointed all this out to my neighbor but I might as well talk to his favorite tree stump. He guaranteed the cowboy will at least have a long career as a special teamer. His reasoning for this conclusion—the cowboy “was the first one down the field on the kickoffs at the senior bowl!” I tried to tell him that FCS special teams guys do not ususually get drafted at all, let alone by the 3rd, but he is a true believer.

I remember all these fat buffalo fans telling us Jabril Cox would go in the first round. After transferring to an SEC school, he dropped to the middle of the 4th round. Cox may not have had the cowboy’s measurements but he was a better LBer from a much better conference.

I don’t much about the draft process or who is considered an “expert”. Mel Kiper and Todd McShay seem to be the most known of all the draft analysts but for all I know they could just be idiots too. But they seem to be on tv a lot with their mock drafts and they are always at the NFL draft for their knowledge. But as I said, they might just be talking heads and as clueless as the rest of us in this process.

For what it’s worth both of these guys have Troy as a top 100 player in this years draft. McShay has him no later than the 3rd, while Kiper has him anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th. Whether they are right or not I have zero clue. You guys might in fact be right and he’ll go undrafted. But in all my reading I’ve been trying to do about this process, I have yet to hear anyone suggest he’ll be an UDFA. Aside from this board of course.

Here’s one link I was reading this weekend about his prospects.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-states-troy-andersen-invited-to-nfl-scouting-combine/article_c8b74953-1310-522d-98ba-b33a9c969a8f.amp.html

Yeah right like I’m going to click on another ric-roll link from another blubby troll, esp. when he claims to quote Todd the god and the Kipes, but obvs links someone or something else.

Look I never said udfa. I like to say “uff da” to the dumb buffaloes fans, but I never said udfa for the cowboy. I think he does get drafted.

I just think it’s a bold move, Cotton, to come on your big bro’s board and claim there “is no way he makes it out of the third round” [not you, the other dummy]

If the cowboy does, supa-sweet, good for him and all the beaverhead. Know lots of good folks down there. Might be the first time I raise a beer for a boobcat. But until then, I’m going to keep calling you guys out on your crap

garizzalies said:
Yeah right like I’m going to click on another ric-roll link from another blubby troll, esp. when he claims to quote Todd the god and the Kipes, but obvs links someone or something else.

Look I never said udfa. I like to say “uff da” to the dumb buffaloes fans, but I never said udfa for the cowboy. I think he does get drafted.

I just think it’s a bold move, Cotton, to come on your big bro’s board and claim there “is no way he makes it out of the third round” [not you, the other dummy]

If the cowboy does, supa-sweet, good for him and all the beaverhead. Know lots of good folks down there. Might be the first time I raise a beer for a boobcat. But until then, I’m going to keep calling you guys out on your crap

Ya I get it. Like I said I don’t know much about the process. Rarely tune into the draft but I will this year just to see where he goes. I was just pointing out that the Rick roll link I provided says where those guys have him getting drafted. Whether they are correct or not, or even credible I have no clue. I don’t know how one becomes an “expert” on the draft; these are just the two names I seem to hear of the most this time of year leading up to the draft.

garizzalies said:

The following is just my opinion:
While I'm all for giving Cat and Bizon trolls the business on eGriz (it's a lifelong commitment to excellence for me), ILTC is exempt in my book. Same with SACCAT.

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:

The following is just my opinion:
While I'm all for giving Cat and Bizon trolls the business on eGriz (it's a lifelong commitment to excellence for me), ILTC is exempt in my book. Same with SACCAT.

They are useful posters and not trolls too.

Zirg said:
SaskGriz said:
My two cents; he's a very good athlete. He's quicker than Dante Olson but doesn't have anywhere near the feel for the game at LB. Watching him get postered by an 18 year old Freshman at Cat/Griz was a precursor to the way NDSU abused him. That being said he's a hell of an athlete and remember he's been essentially uncoached for the last five years.

Not all my points are necessarily directed at you-I agree with you for the most part, Sask.

Yeah, he IS quicker than Dante Olson. However, Dante Olson never played one snap in the NFL, even though many on this site were similarly praising him before reality set in. Why waste an early draft-pick on a special-teams/back-up guy? That's what Troy Andersen will be in the NFL. I DO believe Andersen will get some NFL opps (and get drafted late), but how many white starting LBS are there in the NFL? I don't know that answer, but I bet it's under 10. I refuse to believe that any NFL team sees him as anything more than a special teams/backup guy.

There has only been one Montana native to play in the NFL the last 3 years (Dissly),so I am rooting for him for that reason, but I will be shocked if he is drafted before the 5th round. I think this 3rd or 4th round (top 100 overall) talk is clueless.

well there were 2 last night.

Back