• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

Anderson is a good athlete with good size and good speed. The NFL likes players like that. Anderson is not yet a good linebacker and hasn't played the position enough. He was not NFL linebacker quality in the Griz game. Made multiple mistakes, missed plays, and didn't show that he was consistently tough and aggressive. Feel free to look at that tape. Anderson does not have great speed, but has good speed. He could be a good special teams player. He might grow into being a credible linebacker, but he has considerable work to do. Dante Olsen was a better college linebacker, but not nearly as athletic or fast. In today's NFL, with a need for players who can play special positions in special situations, Anderson could develop a role for himself with his athleticism and general football skills. I have do doubt he is a great and smart kid. He has the potential to show well, athletically and otherwise, in the Combine. This would help his NFL prospect. I hope he does well.

I too hope he does well but I think he is a bit over hyped by the Cat crowd. He was a non factor in both the Griz and NDSU games. I would say 3rd round draft choice at best

mthoopsfan said:
Anderson is a good athlete with good size and good speed. The NFL likes players like that. Anderson is not yet a good linebacker and hasn't played the position enough. He was not NFL linebacker quality in the Griz game. Made multiple mistakes, missed plays, and didn't show that he was consistently tough and aggressive. Feel free to look at that tape. Anderson does not have great speed, but has good speed. He could be a good special teams player. He might grow into being a credible linebacker, but he has considerable work to do. Dante Olsen was a better college linebacker, but not nearly as athletic or fast. In today's NFL, with a need for players who can play special positions in special situations, Anderson could develop a role for himself with his athleticism and general football skills. I have do doubt he is a great and smart kid. He has the potential to show well, athletically and otherwise, in the Combine. This would help his NFL prospect. I hope he does well.
The only part of this I strongly disagree with is your comment about speed. I'm assuming you are talking about flat out running in a straight line, SPEED. Not speed of reacting to a play, or quickness in changing directions. What measurement would say that he has great speed and not good speed?

mthoopsfan said:

I agree....He sucks. Totally overhyped. Basically a poor man's Adam Boomer.

Team10 said:
mthoopsfan said:
The only part of this I strongly disagree with is your comment about speed. I'm assuming you are talking about flat out running in a straight line, SPEED. Not speed of reacting to a play, or quickness in changing directions. What measurement would say that he has great speed and not good speed?

For me, a player’s speed all comes down to how fast he is. It’s measured by how quickly he can move his body from one spot to another.

CDAGRIZ said:
Team10 said:

For me, a player’s speed all comes down to how fast he is. It’s measured by how quickly he can move his body from one spot to another.
:lol:

Griz66 said:
I too hope he does well but I think he is a bit over hyped by the Cat crowd. He was a non factor in both the Griz and NDSU games. I would say 3rd round draft choice at best

I had to go back and look at Andersen's stat's vs. um, 10 tackles, 1 Sack and 1 Int. Non-Factor?
Looked at the NC, also 10 Tackles, both games he lead the team in tackles. The NFL is a big step up from the Big Sky, his full potential is what's intriguing. I'm guessing his path will be similar to Coyle, special teams guy, 2nd string LB, then possible a starter after a few years.

FTG247365 said:
Griz66 said:

I had to go back and look at Andersen's stat's vs. um, 10 tackles, 1 Sack and 1 Int. Non-Factor?
Looked at the NC, also 10 Tackles, both games he lead the team in tackles. The NFL is a big step up from the Big Sky, his full potential is what's intriguing. I'm guessing his path will be similar to Coyle, special teams guy, 2nd string LB, then possible a starter after a few years.

you forgot the 2nd play of the game....i forget, did he get that tackle credited or not? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

FTG247365 said:
Griz66 said:

To be fair his 10 tackles in the Chipper doesn’t say much. Tre Webb also had 10 so did Callahan O’Reilly. It’s because the bison running backs weren’t getting touched until they were 10 yards down the field. So those 10 tackles don’t say much. He really was invisible in that game, to try to claim otherwise is really putting a spin on it.

In fact I remember texting with some bobcat buddies who thought he was probably hurt because there were a few plays people went right by him and he almost avoided contact.

HookedonGriz said:
FTG247365 said:

To be fair his 10 tackles in the Chipper doesn’t say much. Tre Webb also had 10 so did Callahan O’Reilly. It’s because the bison running backs weren’t getting touched until they were 10 yards down the field. So those 10 tackles don’t say much. He really was invisible in that game, to try to claim otherwise is really putting a spin on it.

In fact I remember texting with some bobcat buddies who thought he was probably hurt because there were a few plays people went right by him and he almost avoided contact.

The chipper wasn't his (or MSU's) best game, which sucks after the career he had. Too bad MSU didn't hire um's stat guy for the post season, Andersen would have had 142 assisted tackles, possibly 143.

Griz66 said:

I don't know about over-hyped. Very excited for his opportunity for sure. He's the best Bobcat at least in my lifetime. He had a great career, was invited to to the Senior Bowl which isn't something that happens all the time at our level, invited to the Combine which is also pretty rare for an FCS guy, and will likely be no worse than a 3rd round draft choice despite playing linebacker one year. He's not getting these opportunities because Cat fans are hyping him up. :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
FTG247365 said:

The chipper wasn't his (or MSU's) best game, which sucks after the career he had. Too bad MSU didn't hire um's stat guy for the post season, Andersen would have had 142 assisted tackles, possibly 143.

FTG247365 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yeah. You said that already. :lol:

with all apologies to sensitive Bobcat fans, I just don't see it with Andersen. He was a fine college player, but I don't think he has the wrist and neck fluidity to make a mark in the NFL. If you want me to say he's absolutely incredible and will be a multi-year all-pro so you can feel good by proxy, I will. Just say the word.

FTG247365 said:
HookedonGriz said:
To be fair his 10 tackles in the Chipper doesn’t say much.

The chipper wasn't his (or MSU's) best game.. Too bad MSU didn't hire um's stat guy for the post season, Andersen would have had 142 assisted tackles, possibly 143.
What in tarnation? Are you fricken kidding me?
You are going to suggest, without any evidence, inflated tackle numbers when this very thread has confirmed in gad damned black and white that engineers cannot count?

Didn’t we already cover this? The paper said he had one tackle. Not ten. 1. Uno. A solo solo.

I knew a guy who would exaggerate every number, so much so that we had to apply a “factor.”

Here’s how the equation worked:

Real# = Lie# /2 √ x10%
So if he said he saw 200 elk, cut it in half = 100.
Then take the square root of that = 10.
Last, multiply by 10% = 1.
If he said he saw 200 head, he might have seen one.

Looks like the Bubcat factor is x10.
If a blubcat says he had 10 tackles, the paper will say one.

AZGrizFan said:
FTG247365 said:

Yeah. You said that already. :lol:

Pussycat fans are extremely sensitive about Robby averaging 10 tackles per game. They like to claim it’s due to the UM stat keeper they whine and bitch about it almost 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

what’s interesting is Robby averages those same exact numbers while playing on the road 6-7 games per year, when the only stats that count are those taken by the opposing team. Funny how that works.

Don’t let them in on that though because Robby living in their head 24-7 is glorious

CDAGRIZ said:
with all apologies to sensitive Bobcat fans, I just don't see it with Andersen. He was a fine college player, but I don't think he has the wrist and neck fluidity to make a mark in the NFL. If you want me to say he's absolutely incredible and will be a multi-year all-pro so you can feel good by proxy, I will. Just say the word.

He makes up for those deficiencies with elite craftiness and 99th percentile hand size.

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:

He makes up for those deficiencies with elite craftiness and 99th percentile hand size.

Unless and until he proves that he has the hardiness and calves to make it in The League, I'll reserve judgment.

Can one of the Blubs please list the other 6% of players whom beat the cowboy in the inverted crab walk or whatever it was? Does 6% mean 6 players? Or what? I would like to know who could possibly beat him at anything. The list surely must include names like Urlacher, Butkus, Wagner, maybe only Chuck Norris.

I just scrolled through this thread and have yet to find one article from a draft expert saying that Troy Andersen’s stock went way up. A quick google search did find an article saying he had a good day 3 practice.

Who are the draft experts talking him up?

Back