• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Yeah. You said that already. :lol:

Pussycat fans are extremely sensitive about Robby averaging 10 tackles per game. They like to claim it’s due to the UM stat keeper they whine and bitch about it almost 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

what’s interesting is Robby averages those same exact numbers while playing on the road 6-7 games per year, when the only stats that count are those taken by the opposing team. Funny how that works.

Don’t let them in on that though because Robby living in their head 24-7 is glorious

Robby Hauck strikes fear into....... nobody. That said, he is a damn good tackler though, the little squirt.

WaGriz4life said:
I just scrolled through this thread and have yet to find one article from a draft expert saying that Troy Andersen’s stock went way up. A quick google search did find an article saying he had a good day 3 practice.

Who are the draft experts talking him up?

Define “way up”.

Where did you think he was getting drafted 2 months ago?

Where do you think he’ll be drafted in April?

For you maybe the answer is the same.

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Pussycat fans are extremely sensitive about Robby averaging 10 tackles per game. They like to claim it’s due to the UM stat keeper they whine and bitch about it almost 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

what’s interesting is Robby averages those same exact numbers while playing on the road 6-7 games per year, when the only stats that count are those taken by the opposing team. Funny how that works.

Don’t let them in on that though because Robby living in their head 24-7 is glorious

Robby Hauck strikes fear into....... nobody. That said, he is a damn good tackler though, the little squirt.

I would take Robby with an arm tied behind his back, a blind fold over his eyes, and his legs tied together over you or any of the rest of you pussies. I’d happily put money on that.

ilovethecats said:
WaGriz4life said:
I just scrolled through this thread and have yet to find one article from a draft expert saying that Troy Andersen’s stock went way up. A quick google search did find an article saying he had a good day 3 practice.

Define “way up”.

I can’t answer for WGFL, but I don’t have the fella on my draft board. UDFA or Canadian League at best. My past can’t miss picks include Ric Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Carson Wentz, Mike Williams, and Jamarcus Russell, so you know I know what the hell I’m talking about.

[*]
FTG247365 said:
Griz66 said:
I too hope he does well but I think he is a bit over hyped by the Cat crowd. He was a non factor in both the Griz and NDSU games. I would say 3rd round draft choice at best

I had to go back and look at Andersen's stat's vs. um, 10 tackles, 1 Sack and 1 Int. Non-Factor?
Looked at the NC, also 10 Tackles, both games he lead the team in tackles. The NFL is a big step up from the Big Sky, his full potential is what's intriguing. I'm guessing his path will be similar to Coyle, special teams guy, 2nd string LB, then possible a starter after a few years.

In the Griz game, it's not how many tackles he made. It's how many he missed, overran, and decided not to stick his head into. Truly a horrible tape. He's faster than Coyle, but not nearly as good at this point. Look at the NFL blurbs, he doesn't yet know how to play linebacker. The NFL will like his good speed, good size and athleticism. I don't think he's very good in pass coverage, but he should be able to develop that. Special teams for sure.

HookedonGriz said:
FTG247365 said:
I had to go back and look at Andersen's stat's vs. um, 10 tackles, 1 Sack and 1 Int. Non-Factor?
Looked at the NC, also 10 Tackles, both games he lead the team in tackles. The NFL is a big step up from the Big Sky, his full potential is what's intriguing. I'm guessing his path will be similar to Coyle, special teams guy, 2nd string LB, then possible a starter after a few years.

To be fair his 10 tackles in the Chipper doesn’t say much. Tre Webb also had 10 so did Callahan O’Reilly. It’s because the bison running backs weren’t getting touched until they were 10 yards down the field. So those 10 tackles don’t say much. He really was invisible in that game, to try to claim otherwise is really putting a spin on it.

In fact I remember texting with some bobcat buddies who thought he was probably hurt because there were a few plays people went right by him and he almost avoided contact.

Your last para is how he played in the Griz game too.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
Define “way up”.

I can’t answer for WGFL, but I don’t have the fella on my draft board. UDFA or Canadian League at best. My past can’t miss picks include Ric Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Carson Wentz, Mike Williams, and Jamarcus Russell, so you know I know what the hell I’m talking about.
Can’t argue that track record. :thumb:

Team10 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Anderson is a good athlete with good size and good speed. The NFL likes players like that. Anderson is not yet a good linebacker and hasn't played the position enough. He was not NFL linebacker quality in the Griz game. Made multiple mistakes, missed plays, and didn't show that he was consistently tough and aggressive. Feel free to look at that tape. Anderson does not have great speed, but has good speed. He could be a good special teams player. He might grow into being a credible linebacker, but he has considerable work to do. Dante Olsen was a better college linebacker, but not nearly as athletic or fast. In today's NFL, with a need for players who can play special positions in special situations, Anderson could develop a role for himself with his athleticism and general football skills. I have do doubt he is a great and smart kid. He has the potential to show well, athletically and otherwise, in the Combine. This would help his NFL prospect. I hope he does well.
The only part of this I strongly disagree with is your comment about speed. I'm assuming you are talking about flat out running in a straight line, SPEED. Not speed of reacting to a play, or quickness in changing directions. What measurement would say that he has great speed and not good speed?

He doesn't have great speed measured either way. He misses or overruns too many players. Look at his video. I could see the NFL liking his potential.

mthoopsfan said:
Team10 said:
The only part of this I strongly disagree with is your comment about speed. I'm assuming you are talking about flat out running in a straight line, SPEED. Not speed of reacting to a play, or quickness in changing directions. What measurement would say that he has great speed and not good speed?

He doesn't have great speed measured either way. He misses or overruns too many players. Look at his video. I could see the NFL liking his potential.

I think he will get better fundamentally. He really only played 2 years at LB. In that sense I don't think Choate did him any favors playing at QB and RB.

Kid is from Montana and will play on Sundays. Awesome and happy for him. Who gives a damn what round he goes in? (He probably does based on the $$’s). I worry he won’t last long due to injury. I hope I am wrong. Choate owes Anderson an apology for the injustice of playing musical chairs throughout his career.

Griz won’t ever face him again. Sent him out with a loss in the Brawl. Cats fans sound ridiculous on Egriz with their posts. The end

The career average for an NFL linebacker is 3 years, 3.3 years for all positions combined. The average jumps to over 10 years for players chosen to at least one pro bowl. Small window to make your fortune. That's why draft position is so important, followed by durability.

ilovethecats said:
WaGriz4life said:

Define “way up”.

Isn’t that the point? Of course flapping blubfat heads are saying his stock shot way up, but WG4L is asking for links to actual draft experts saying that. Receipts!

I have no idea but my neighbor is absolutely convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the cowboy will go in the second round or third at the latest.

I’m not so sure. I guess it’s possible and I will be happy for him if it happens, but FCS guys are usually so damn cheap to the NFL. Dime a dozen. Seems like such better value that early, and safe to assume the cowboy will be available in the later rounds. 2d or 3d round is usually a starter not an FCS project. I have to admit, it would be fun to see someone wear carharts and Cher boots to the green room at the draft

horribilisfan8184 said:
The career average for an NFL linebacker is 3 years, 3.3 years for all positions combined. The average jumps to over 10 years for players chosen to at least one pro bowl. Small window to make your fortune. That's why draft position is so important, followed by durability.

Speaking of Pro Bowl, I attended last weekend in Las Vegas. To see my friend (son of friend I played with) play, and to hang out with a bunch of his family and our friends. The 26 year old friend recently signed a 5-year contract for $93 million, with about $50 million guaranteed. Our friend hung out with the group on Sat. and Sun. nights. It was fun to hear about the chitchat going on during the game.

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:
Define “way up”.

Isn’t that the point? Of course flapping blubfat heads are saying his stock shot way up, but WG4L is asking for links to actual draft experts saying that. Receipts!

I have no idea but my neighbor is absolutely convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the cowboy will go in the second round or third at the latest.

I’m not so sure. I guess it’s possible and I will be happy for him if it happens, but FCS guys are usually so damn cheap to the NFL. Dime a dozen. Seems like such better value that early, and safe to assume the cowboy will be available in the later rounds. 2d or 3d round is usually a starter not an FCS project. I have to admit, it would be fun to see someone wear carharts and Cher boots to the green room at the draft

He'll be drafted in the 3rd round at the latest. It all depends on how he does in the combine. If he blows everyone away, he'll probably go in the 2nd round. If not, still no way he gets out of the third unless something crazy happens.

UncleRico said:
mthoopsfan said:

I think he will get better fundamentally. He really only played 2 years at LB. In that sense I don't think Choate did him any favors playing at QB and RB.

Always What If ...Andersen stayed at RB, he would have potentially broke a lot of records at MSU, potentially in the Big Sky. Had he played LB all 4 years, who knows if his trajectory to NFL would be any different. I have always liked seeing Big Sky guys make it to the NFL.

mthoopsfan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Speaking of Pro Bowl, I attended last weekend in Las Vegas. To see my friend (son of friend I played with) play, and to hang out with a bunch of his family and our friends. The 26 year old friend recently signed a 5-year contract for $93 million, with about $50 million guaranteed. Our friend hung out with the group on Sat. and Sun. nights. It was fun to hear about the chitchat going on during the game.

Did you ever get what you were digging for?

Started reviewing former Big Sky players earnings who made it to the NFL. Jared Allen and Tru seemed to have made the most. Allen’s 12 year career was impressive and 92+ million for a fourth round draft pick. Tru’s is harder to figure out, but he looks to have earner more than Allen in a shorter period of time. Not bad for a third round draft pick. There is hope for Anderson.

Copper Griz said:
Started reviewing former Big Sky players earnings who made it to the NFL. Jared Allen and Tru seemed to have made the most. Allen’s 12 year career was impressive and 92+ million for a fourth round draft pick. Tru’s is harder to figure out, but he looks to have earner more than Allen in a shorter period of time. Not bad for a third round draft pick. There is hope for Anderson.

Kupp has to be top 5. He just signed a $48 million contract.

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

Kupp has to be top 5. He just signed a $48 million contract.

Good point. If he stays healthy he will
Probably be the #1 for career earnings.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

He'll be drafted in the 3rd round at the latest. It all depends on how he does in the combine. If he blows everyone away, he'll probably go in the 2nd round. If not, still no way he gets out of the third unless something crazy happens.
I'd be surprised if he went in the 4th.. my guess is 5-6th round. But, he'll probably be an UDFA.

Back