• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

My First Game at Dahlberg!!

Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:
This thread has it all. Classic egriz. Pound for pound should go down in the annuals as a GOAT.

Hear, hear! The funny original post, the nostalgic trip down memory lane from three gentlemen, the fact checking by Mouse and of course, PR making a complete ass of himself. POTY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wait until old PR lumbers up the steps from the athletic dept. vault with those heavy record books dedicated to "Old Chuck"!!

Mousegriz said:
Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:
This thread has it all. Classic egriz. Pound for pound should go down in the annuals as a GOAT.

Hear, hear! The funny original post, the nostalgic trip down memory lane from three gentlemen, the fact checking by Mouse and of course, PR making a complete ass of himself. POTY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wait until old PR lumbers up the steps from the athletic dept. vault with those heavy record books dedicated to "Old Chuck"!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ursa Major said:
Mousegriz said:
Ursa Major said:
garizzalies said:

When I finish my homework and post the summary, I will ask if you and Mouse are man enough to apologize.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
Mousegriz said:
Ursa Major said:

When I finish my homework and post the summary, I will ask if you and Mouse are man enough to apologize.

Are you serious? You've spent 5 pages doing all sorts of tap dancing in an effort to avoid apologizing. You were wrong, pr. You obviously had the wrong player in mind. It doesn't matter whether or not the player you believed was being referred to was a GRIZ player or not. You were WRONG. Just admit it and move the fuck on, huh?

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
Mousegriz said:

Are you serious? You've spent 5 pages doing all sorts of tap dancing in an effort to avoid apologizing. You were wrong, pr. You obviously had the wrong player in mind. It doesn't matter whether or not the player you believed was being referred to was a GRIZ player or not. You were WRONG. Just admit it and move the f*** on, huh?

I have done no tap-dancing. You may want to re-read my posts and then correct your misstatements in your post. How do you interpret the first part of this sentence which I posted on Feb. 1? "Yes, I mixed up Zip and Chuck initially, but I did get the spelling correct for Chuck Rhodes."

Want to make a nice bet on whether Rhodes played for the Griz?

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
Mousegriz said:

Are you serious? You've spent 5 pages doing all sorts of tap dancing in an effort to avoid apologizing. You were wrong, pr. You obviously had the wrong player in mind. It doesn't matter whether or not the player you believed was being referred to was a GRIZ player or not. You were WRONG. Just admit it and move the f*** on, huh?

By the way, I talked recently to a senior athletic department person who knows you, and he said half of what you post on egriz is wrong. I actually thought the percentage was a bit higher. Loved this one of yours: "Haslam will be waiting in the tunnel after the Cat game to give Stitt his extension." Nice call, Everett.

You were wrong. We know it. You know it. You’re just incapable of admitting it. It’s ikay. You’re still an important guy.

And how coincidental! I talked with someone in department who said 90% of what you say is wrong. I would have guessed more. I love this one: Oh I know Rhoades”.

EverettGriz said:
You were wrong. We know it. You know it. You’re just incapable of admitting it. It’s ikay. You’re still an important guy.

And how coincidental! I talked with someone in department who said 90% of what you say is wrong. I would have guessed more. I love this one: Oh I know Rhoades”.

You are incapable of reading, as saying I mixed up the guys initially isn't admitting the mistake. Anyway, I referred to Rhodes, not Rhodes. Never met either, but Rhodes is still alive.

You just keep serving up your BS, and I'll keep hitting it out of park. Give us your scoop on the soccer coach matter. That should be interesting, and (not so) reliable.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

You are incapable of reading, as saying I mixed up the guys initially isn't admitting the mistake. Anyway, I referred to Rhodes, not Rhodes. Never met either, but Rhodes is still alive.

You just keep serving up your BS, and I'll keep hitting it out of park. Give us your scoop on the soccer coach matter. That should be interesting, and (not so) reliable.

But you still can't spell! Next time you "hit it out of the park" you might want to look to see "who's on first" as you stumble by.

Talked to a guy I know very well today. He played bball for the Griz in the 1950's. He wasn't a "big" player (but somehow made the supposedly incomplete lettermen's list that's easy to find in the annual basketball yearbooks!!), knew Zip Rhoades and played with him and was in Missoula for undergrad and law school (just lowly UM...not Harvard!) from fall of 1953 through 1960. He seemed pretty confident that he'd recognize all Griz bball players during those 7 years.

He never knew anyone named Chuck Rhodes to be a bball player for the Griz during those years.

I'm about to take PR on that stupid bet he's offering to save face from the fact that his initial post in this thread was totally clueless!

This thread getting buried too deep....and PR seems is in hiding. Probably at some big time important tournament like the Big East, ACC or PAC 12. Maybe has a chartered jet and is traveling among all three!

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

By the way, I talked recently to a senior athletic department person who knows you, and he said half of what you post on egriz is wrong. I actually thought the percentage was a bit higher. Loved this one of yours: "Haslam will be waiting in the tunnel after the Cat game to give Stitt his extension." Nice call, Everett.

Bump for the benefit of PR....still waiting!! Must be quite a homework project or you're real slow at what you do!!

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
grizzlyjournal said:
maroonandsilver said:
Well, my FIRST GAME at Dahlberg, when it was just the Field House, was the VERY FIRST GAME played there, in December 1953 against the defending National Champion Indiana Hoosiers. As Griz fans, you are all a bunch of rookies!!! :lol:

Figure I'd better jump into this thread, because I, also, was at the first game in the UM Fieldhouse (as I always knew it). I just don't remember. My uncle was a member of the architectural team that designed the structure, so my father took me along to watch the construction process, of which I have vague memories.

It didn't take me long to become a Silvertip fan, though. My two heroes (1953 or 54) were Al Dunham and Rudolph "Zip" Rhodes (or Rhoades). I DO remember them vividly. Since then I've only missed three seasons as a fan (Vietnam) and could bore everyone with the player or players who were my heroes... and I'm pretty certain that was a yearly ritual... even though the teams during the sixties weren't very good.

Rhodes' son went to Harvard law school, worked for our firm, and works in Missoula now. The son is or was good hoops player too.

1) Rudolph (Zip) Rhoades II (with an "a"...) was black, originally from Baltimore, MD, and moved to Kalispell before his HS senior year in 1952. Met his wife, also black, who lived in Butte, but visited the Kalispell area in summers the summer of 1952. Following HS he played hoops for UM then returned to the Baltimore. He and his wife had two kids, son (Rudolph III) and daughter. Amazingly, both the kids were also black!

2) Rudolph Rhoades III based on a quick google search now lives in the Baltimore area and no reference to him ever living in Missoula, working for PR's firm, graduating from Harvard Law or being a lawyer.

3) John Rhodes (no "a") is white, graduated from DePauw (Indiana) undergrad, Harvard Law, now works in Missoula for the Federal Defenders of Montana, and plays basketball at noon at the Missoula Elks Club. Must have played in HS and maybe college because among the noon "waddlers" at the Elks he's one of the better players. Maybe once worked for PR's firm, but PR never learned how to spell his last name!)

Can't get the race right, person right, name spelled right, profession right, city of residence right....but go ahead PR....lay a little more BS on us all!

Bump! Keep blowin smoke PR!

I'm on it. Just sent an email to Eric Taber.

By the way, where is our supposed bet, and confirmation of the bet. I don't recall getting quite that far on the bet, but if we did, then I'd like to see it. I will want to collect from you when I get my homework done.

PlayerRep said:
I'm on it. Just sent an email to Eric Taber.

By the way, where is our supposed bet, and confirmation of the bet. I don't recall getting quite that far on the bet, but if we did, then I'd like to see it. I will want to collect from you when I get my homework done.

....My last game at Dahlberg.....scored 29 for UM vs. MSU....

Mousegriz said:
Talked to a guy I know very well today. He played bball for the Griz in the 1950's. He wasn't a "big" player (but somehow made the supposedly incomplete lettermen's list that's easy to find in the annual basketball yearbooks!!), knew Zip Rhoades and played with him and was in Missoula for undergrad and law school (just lowly UM...not Harvard!) from fall of 1953 through 1960. He seemed pretty confident that he'd recognize all Griz bball players during those 7 years.

He never knew anyone named Chuck Rhodes to be a bball player for the Griz during those years.

I'm about to take PR on that stupid bet he's offering to save face from the fact that his initial post in this thread was totally clueless!

Okay Mousegriz, are we betting, or not?

Here is the bet. Did my friend John Rhodes' dad, Chuck Rhodes from Indiana, play basketball for the Univ of Montana in Missoula (or whatever UM was called then) in the 1950's? I still think he did. I just can't imagine my friend (or his dad) made this up.

The bet would be $500. Or, if that is too much, then $100.

Let me, and the board, know. I'm tired of you being a big mouth on this one. Let's just settle now (or soon), one way or the other. I assume you're not going to slink off and hide.

Latest posts

Back