• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

National Search for New Lady Griz Coach

Can someone post the list of candidates for those of us who don't have premium membership to Skyline Sports?

I haven't seen much from Bill Spelt reporting any progress of this Search? He must know the public is very interested in the Lady Griz.

TrueGriz said:
Guess Griz til I Die is wrong on who was worst on the list.
That’s just my opinion man. I for one am happy to see he is a finalist cause I think he’s a great guy and deserves a shot. That being said, I don’t think he should get the job as I believe Campbell and Holsinger are the stronger candidates, and I suppose I would be surprised if Petrino were to get the job. Happy to see he’s a finalist though.

TrueGriz said:
Finalists are:

Mark Campbell
Mike Petrino
Brian Hollinger
Jamie Carey

Not sure she gets it but Jamie Carey is very interesting to me. Former WNBA player. I think won a championship. Was heavily involved with USA basketball after she was retired. Then 4 years as an assistant with Texas and was their ace recruiter. Coaching change in Texas she lost her gig there so she was at north Texas this past year as associate head coach. She would bring instant credibility to the recruiting trail for young women with her playing experience and comes from a really good coaching tree.

dayday said:
TrueGriz said:
Finalists are:

Mark Campbell
Mike Petrino
Brian Hollinger
Jamie Carey

Not sure she gets it but Jamie Carey is very interesting to me. Former WNBA player. I think won a championship. Was heavily involved with USA basketball after she was retired. Then 4 years as an assistant with Texas and was their ace recruiter. Coaching change in Texas she lost her gig there so she was at north Texas this past year as associate head coach. She would bring instant credibility to the recruiting trail for young women with her playing experience and comes from a really good coaching tree.

She has a very impressive resume as both player and coach.

Griz til I die said:
TrueGriz said:
Also, Campbell doesn't have any head coaching experience. Some of the others do not either. But he is the one that I feel will move on the soonest and the there would have to be another national search for a coach in the near future,like right after his contract is up in around 3 years.
Ya that’s not a big deal to me. We’ve highlighted this a multitude of times that one of the biggest deficiencies of this program is the recruiting, and Campbells one of the best in women’s college basketball. At some point, whether it’s this job or another job, he will get his chance to be a head coach. I realize that we may only have him for a few years, but at this point what we need is to get the train back on the tracks. Now if we could keep him around longer, even better, but if not I’m sure he’d end up having an assistant who would want the gig that could continue what he built.

This is a good read on Campbell.

https://www.insider.com/sabrina-ionescu-satou-sabally-oregon-coach-mark-campbell-head-coach-2021-3?utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=topbar

Who??? Point fingers, name names, please. T'wasn't me. Don't know any of them and couldn't point them out in a crowded elevator. This 'process' seems to be screwed up by design, but that's just my opinion. You have never been one to spare the written word, PR, so please elaborate.

tourist said:
Who??? Point fingers, name names, please. T'wasn't me. Don't know any of them and couldn't point them out in a crowded elevator. This 'process' seems to be screwed up by design, but that's just my opinion. You have never been one to spare the written word, PR, so please elaborate.

I heard that PR communicated his views to Redpath, Ingram and Bodnar. Just a rumor.

PlayerRep said:
tourist said:

I heard that PR communicated his views to Redpath, Ingram and Bodnar. Just a rumor.

And anyone else within earshot?

PeauxRouge said:
PlayerRep said:

I sent letters to Kent Haslam and the committee. No apologies. This msg. may not get through, because my home computers have been blocked by egriz. ;) Sending this from a friend's computer. So, really... I'm probably not actually representative of egriz anymore... But, "GoGriz" nonetheless.

grizzlyjournal said:
PeauxRouge said:
I sent letters to Kent Haslam and the committee. No apologies. This msg. may not get through, because my home computers have been blocked by egriz. ;) Sending this from a friend's computer. So, really... I'm probably not actually representative of egriz anymore... But, "GoGriz" nonetheless.

Why would your computers be blocked? You are one of the top basketball posters.

There is a rumor around Missoula, conveyed to me by a media sports person, that Petrino was cut from consideration. At that point a number of current Lady Griz protested and threatened to transfer if Mike was not reconsidered. Then Mike was placed back into consideration. I don't know if this rumor is valid, and it is just a rumor, and you can all pile on me for posting it, but there it is.

Back