• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Vs Samford. 3-3-5

BadlandsGrizFan

Samford has run a 3-3-5 all year but against the bison they’ve moved into a quasi 4-3

WHAT A FREAKING CONCEPT. COACHES CHANGING UP TO MATCH UP WITH YOUR OPPONENT.

are you allowed to do that???

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Samford has run a 3-3-5 all year but against the bison they’ve moved into a quasi 4-3

Samford D doing nice job so far.

Samford chip shot FG attempt indoors ... and they get it blocked. Not a good vibe. Still, the Bulldogs are holding their own so far.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

No, they haven’t. They have run 3 down lineman a lot and Oklahoma. 3 down lineman and standout backer on end. The Griz also ran the last lineup at times, as well as 4 linebackers.

Looks like they're doing a lot of what we did last week, but just doing a much better job than we did. Still lots of 3 down linemen fronts.

Sanford is a good team. Offensive coordinator is solid. This game demonstrates how far the Griz have to go. A LONG ways to where they need to be. QB, OLine and Dline. Get to work Bobby. Maybe try some coordinator changes.

Looks like they are even playing 5-4-2 when NDSU goes heavy. Samford’s starting QB is out and a RS Frosh QB shows ability to run and throw against Bison. They are patient taking what defense gives and letting their play makers make plays in space with WR screens and short passes.

Copper Griz said:
Sanford is a good team. Offensive coordinator is solid. This game demonstrates how far the Griz have to go. A LONG ways to where they need to be. QB, OLine and Dline. Get to work Bobby. Maybe try some coordinator changes.
Samford's OL and DL look way bigger and better than ours, not gonna lie. Been really impressed by both groups so far.

Copper Griz said:

It's 0-0 halfway through the 2nd quarter. What exactly has Samford demonstrated? D-line looks good... I'll give you that.

uofmman1122 said:
Copper Griz said:
Samford's OL and DL look way bigger and better than ours, not gonna lie. Been really impressed by both groups so far.

Absolutely. I cannot for the life of me understand why the Griz cannot do the same. I ran into a former Stitt player/recruit and his family when I was traveling Europe. Yep weird, but Griz gear travels. They were perplexed by Bobby’s recruiting speed over size. At the time it was Bobby’s first year. Hard to criticize. This many years into “his guys” you see glaring gaps and size is one of them. Especially on defense.

uofmman1122 said:
Copper Griz said:

Keep an eye on their safety he actually plays safety and defends the back end first. Who would of thought to play the position like that?

Back