• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Vs Samford. 3-3-5

Griz2k said:
Copper Griz said:
Sanford is a good team. Offensive coordinator is solid. This game demonstrates how far the Griz have to go. A LONG ways to where they need to be. QB, OLine and Dline. Get to work Bobby. Maybe try some coordinator changes.

It's 0-0 halfway through the 2nd quarter. What exactly has Samford demonstrated? D-line looks good... I'll give you that.
Only allowing 2.2 yards per carry on the ground.

Maybe the 3-3-5 isn't actually the big problem? I suppose there's a lot of game left, though.

Edit: Looks like NDSU is gonna try the MSU approach and go outside runs.

Fahque said:
Not sure how that wasn't a horse collar

Announcer noted odd look at how player went down like a face mask. Slow mo sure looked like #6 DB for NDSU targeted head and shoulder area causing awkward motion of player after contact.

Griz2k said:
Copper Griz said:
Sanford is a good team. Offensive coordinator is solid. This game demonstrates how far the Griz have to go. A LONG ways to where they need to be. QB, OLine and Dline. Get to work Bobby. Maybe try some coordinator changes.

It's 0-0 halfway through the 2nd quarter. What exactly has Samford demonstrated? D-line looks good... I'll give you that.

D-line had the 305 lb Dartmouth transfer at nose guard.

uofmman1122 said:
Looks like they're doing a lot of what we did last week, but just doing a much better job than we did. Still lots of 3 down linemen fronts.

Like getting off blocks and tackling? So far Undsu isn’t averaging ten yards per carry. I’m sure their coach is encouraged. Wait… sorry. Am being told that won’t happen until after he watches the game film tomorrow

mthoopsfan said:
Griz2k said:

D-line had the 305 lb Dartmouth transfer at nose guard.

He's a big dude!

mthoopsfan said:
Griz were only down 4 at this point. But Griz fumble happened soon.

Good game tonight.
Indoor team vs outdoor team. Be interesting to see if a warm weather team still has gas in the 4th

NDSU doesn’t have a d-lineman over 280 on the roster. Yet they seem to be able to rush the passer fairly effectively and hold down the run, without a flying buttress in the lineup.

Bok_Choi said:
NDSU doesn’t have a d-lineman over 280 on the roster. Yet they seem to be able to rush the passer fairly effectively and hold down the run, without a flying buttress in the lineup.

Yes, on rush. Isn’t Sanford normally a passing team. At least with their no. 1 qb.

GottaluvGriz said:
They didn’t show a replay, but a PF on a Hail Mary pass before half? What a gift of 3 points.

Weird call. Would have liked to have seen a replay.

Back