• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Vs Samford. 3-3-5

WaGriz4life said:
Nebraska officially announced Tony White as their new D Coordinator. Will run the same 3-3-5 Matt Rhule had at Baylor when they had one of the best defenses in the country.

He's 2-16 against ranked teams. He'll be fired in less than 3 years.

If Heirs had started for Samford this would be a much closer game.
Guy can hang in the pocket and sling it. Can see why he is Walter Payton finalist.

Hey Badlands and all you other experts. What say you now????? Pretty quiet after the first quarter…..

All NDSU does is cover the spread. I'm too lazy to look, but I bet that they cover at least 75% of the time in playoff games. Looking like only SDSU has a shot at covering against them.

grizturd said:
Guy can hang in the pocket and sling it. Can see why he is Walter Payton finalist.

So you think the no. 1 qb is better than the backup?

Coaching mistake to start wrong qb?

Really good showing by the Samford rushing D, but being on the field for that long really took a toll.

Their offense looked worse than ours, though, despite the huge national rankings and numbers.

mthoopsfan said:
grizturd said:

Obviously dumb ass. He was hurt. Didn’t play last week.They didn’t think he was ready to go so started the backup again. But you could see how much better their offense looked when he came in. Just too bad be he didn’t go from the start.

Mavman said:
sdk.catfish said:
Still looks like Samford will hold the Bison to under 49. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I would say Bison are beating Samford more soundly than they did Montana. Much more well rounded game for Bison tonight.

You mean the offense was more balanced? I would whole-heartedly agree. You need to be able to pass when your offense isn't running all over the other team.

Six sacks, fifteen explosive plays, four runs over forty-five yards for touchdowns, forty-nine points and they beat Samford more "soundly." Hardly.

But there was a lot to be "encouraged" over. I would say Samford wasn't overmanned and out-coached. Good on them.

grizturd said:
mthoopsfan said:

Obviously dumb ass. He was hurt. Didn’t play last week.They didn’t think he was ready to go so started the backup again. But you could see how much better their offense looked when he came in. Just too bad be he didn’t go from the start.

What’s with the name-calling? I was making a joke about Griz fans. Griz fans think the no. 3 qb is the one.

Bok_Choi said:
Mavman said:
I would say Bison are beating Samford more soundly than they did Montana. Much more well rounded game for Bison tonight.

You mean the offense was more balanced? I would whole-heartedly agree. You need to be able to pass when your offense isn't running all over the other team.

Six sacks, fifteen explosive plays, four runs over forty-five yards for touchdowns, forty-nine points and they beat Samford more "soundly." Hardly.

But there was a lot to be "encouraged" over. I would say Samford wasn't overmanned and out-coached. Good on them.

Samford was never in the game after the 1st q or so. Griz we’re down 1 in 3d q.

bozono said:
Copper Griz….,?????

If you are looking for me to say the Griz are a great team and NDSU is weak - ain’t gonna happen. If you are looking for me to say oh boy Sanford isn’t the real deal - fine. They made it further than the Griz and gave NDSU a solid game. NDSU has a program.MSU has a program. Both are progressing. U of M is in reverse. If you can’t see that then you are blind.

bozono said:
Hey Badlands and all you other experts. What say you now????? Pretty quiet after the first quarter…..

Hey dickhead. Just got back from dinner so wasn’t able to watch second half. But I would say it must be nice to have a coordinator that is willing to try something new.

We have a bunch of dinosaurs unwilling to change The key to modern football is being able to adapt and adjust. We’re ignorant and negligent at the coordinator positions. So my opinion stays the same.

mthoopsfan said:
Bok_Choi said:

Samford was never in the game after the 1st q or so. Griz we’re down 1 in 3d q.

They were "in it" until 10:58 of the quarter. Then it looks a lot like an avalanche until Montana scores with 1:05 left in the game. Tonight, NDSU didn't score until 1:25 was left in the first quarter. We can quibble all you want about perceptions of the flow of a game. But there was absolutely nothing about tonights game that reminded me of the ass-kicking that occurred last week.

Samford acquitted themselves very well tonight given they didn't start the game with their own injured QB.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
bozono said:

Hey dickhead. Just got back from dinner so wasn’t able to watch second half. But I would say it must be nice to have a coordinator that is willing to try something new.

We have a bunch of dinosaurs unwilling to change The key to modern football is being able to adapt and adjust. We’re ignorant and negligent at the coordinator positions. So my opinion stays the same.
They literally ran the same thing we did all game.

bozono said:
Jesse?????

I like their safety he would have complimented our defense well, no he probably wouldn’t have played much griz safety position was already filled before Robby had his transfer papers turned in. Tough loss for W&M no offense with banged up qb. I thought griz played them tough though but for a few self inflicted fuck ups mostly on defense.

Back