• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU vs the Scats

How badly will the Scats get pummeled this week?

• 7 or fewer points

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 8-14

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • 15-28

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • 28-50

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • more than 50 points

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IdaGriz01 said:
gotgame75 said:
How do we match up "EXTREMELY well" with NDSU? That is some true blind optimism. They are significantly better than us at almost every position with depth for days. They also have a decade of utter dominance under their belt, while we haven't been relevant for almost the same amount of time. Make no mistake, we would have gotten DESTROYED today too. Some fans apparently aren't realistic about the current state of the Griz.

How do you feel that powerhouse Griz OL would have fared today? lol
No quibble on the O-line, but I would disagree that they are "significantly better" at all that many other positions (counting O and D). But "depth for days" -- yeah, not even close.

They are significantly better at most positions that matter, namely OL, DL, QB, & secondary. I know people love Sneed, but the dude is maddeningly inconsistent while Stick has been the model of consistency for 4 years.

Tacoma5 said:
Would you rather have your team sitting at home this weekend than being embarrassed on national TV with this type of shellacking?

Let's hope, Weber, EWU and Davis rep Big Sky and give us a shred of credibility after this.

I would absolutely prefer to take the shellacking rather than sit at home. I think It's doubtful the Griz could have defended any better than the Cats, but at least we have a QB and some receivers who would make a few plays.

grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:
gotgame75 said:
How do we match up "EXTREMELY well" with NDSU? That is some true blind optimism. They are significantly better than us at almost every position with depth for days. They also have a decade of utter dominance under their belt, while we haven't been relevant for almost the same amount of time. Make no mistake, we would have gotten DESTROYED today too. Some fans apparently aren't realistic about the current state of the Griz.

No quibble on the O-line, but I would disagree that they are "significantly better" at all that many other positions (counting O and D). But "depth for days" -- yeah, not even close.

UNDSU is hands down better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I don't think the talent is as close as you do.

This +1000000. Griz fans really need to start being more realistic about the state of the program. We are NOT the Griz of old. No one fears us and they shouldn't. It's going to take a long while before we are anywhere close to where we used to be.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:
I get that it is the Cats and this is why everyone is piling on, but food for thought is, would the Griz have fared any better....if your answer is anything but no, you are not being very truthful with yourself.

You couldn't be more wrong, gidb. Football is all about match ups, and the Griz match up EXTREMELY well against the Gravy Guys. Given the weird shape of a football, anything's possible (obviously), and I'm not saying the Griz'd romp comfortably, but a win would be likely. Go ahead and take that to the bank.

Would like to do another home and home with the Griz

We need another year atleast prior to that happening. Unless you like blowouts?

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
NDSU will likely dominate this game and could easily cover the spread. They were favored by about the same line in the Cal Poly game. I didn't think that with two running teams that they would cover that kind of point spread against Poly but they beat them by 40+. I could see that happening to the cats if they are not really ready to play these guys. We will see if the cats have shot their wad yet. I suspect they have.

This Cat team will be ready, you can trust that. They are getting better each game and the confidence is growing. Will they knock off NDSU? No. But they won't get beat by 40.

Sorry not sorry. This has to be posted and called out. Imagine that, PoorGriz wrong again! And he will never own it.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
NDSU will likely dominate this game and could easily cover the spread. They were favored by about the same line in the Cal Poly game. I didn't think that with two running teams that they would cover that kind of point spread against Poly but they beat them by 40+. I could see that happening to the cats if they are not really ready to play these guys. We will see if the cats have shot their wad yet. I suspect they have.

This Cat team will be ready, you can trust that. They are getting better each game and the confidence is growing. Will they knock off NDSU? No. But they won't get beat by 40.

Sorry not sorry. This has to be posted and called out. Imagine that, PoorGriz wrong again! And he will never own it.

Poorgriz wasnt wrong, they werent beat by 40pts, ndsu beat them by 42pts lol. Might i add that the bison could have put up even more if they wanted to.

electricgriz42 said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Poorgriz wasnt wrong, they werent beat by 40pts, ndsu beat them by 42pts lol. Might i add that the bison could have put up even more if they wanted to.

They could have put up 70 without much more effort. Klieman is a classy coach.

This game was won in two spots on the field. One on O and one on D. Whether it is talent or coaching I dont know but NDSU was dominant at those spots. We are not. If we were we would be in the playoffs and probably making a good run. We have some really good pieces and have great potential. Hauck and Co are not dumb. they know where we have issues. Hauck said it from the start. That NDSU O- Line opened chasms in the Bobcat D.

The fact that MSU got smacked so badly by NDSU highlights just how far UM has to go to be competitive with the top. The fact is that UM would have been steamrolled as well. I think we match up better with NDSU than MSU did, but I still think UM loses by 3 scores to that NDSU team, if not more. We need transfer help in a bad way if we want to compete next year at the highest level of FCS.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The fact that MSU got smacked so badly by NDSU highlights just how far UM has to go to be competitive with the top. The fact is that UM would have been steamrolled as well. I think we match up better with NDSU than MSU did, but I still think UM loses by 3 scores to that NDSU team, if not more. We need transfer help in a bad way if we want to compete next year at the highest level of FCS.

Yes, the value of this game for the Cats was a measuring stick. Yes, the Cats and Griz have a long way to go to get where the Bison are. I don’t think there is a team in the Big Sky that is near them. They are going to roll to their 7th championship. The young Cat team saw what it takes today. They coaches can work with that over the off season. The future is bright as the Cats only lose a few players. The OL and most of the defense is all back. They will have a real QB next year. Anderson will be at RB or LB or maybe both. Murray indicated he will be back. Probably at WR. Jonsen will be at WR too. RB looks good with Ifanse, Logan Jones and Anderson.

poorgriz said:
greasewood said:
Bison 52 - rush for 433
Cats 10 - rush for 67

Well that's certainly not going to happen. Yes I know they have a phenomenal run defense but ours is pretty stout too so they aren't rushing for 433 on is. Also we'll be getting significantly more than 67 rushing yards behind our O Line, Troy Anderson, Isaiah Ifanse and crew. You can bank that. Highly doubt it would be enough to spring the upset however but we'll get some yards.

Yeesh, gotta hand it to greasy. Saw into the future.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:
I get that it is the Cats and this is why everyone is piling on, but food for thought is, would the Griz have fared any better....if your answer is anything but no, you are not being very truthful with yourself.

You couldn't be more wrong, gidb. Football is all about match ups, and the Griz match up EXTREMELY well against the Gravy Guys. Given the weird shape of a football, anything's possible (obviously), and I'm not saying the Griz'd romp comfortably, but a win would be likely. Go ahead and take that to the bank.

Get it scheduled!

Fahque said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

Get it scheduled!

Would love to see UNDSU on the main stage again. That 2015 game must have been a thrill for the T-Buff program/players.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

Holy smokes, I want some of whatever you’re smoking.

I don’t think the Griz lose by 50+, but to think a win “would be likely” is out and out delusional.

AZGrizFan said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

Holy smokes, I want some of whatever you’re smoking.

I don’t think the Griz lose by 50+, but to think a win “would be likely” is out and out delusional.
"Miraculous" might also apply. :mrgreen:

Htowngriz said:
I miss when kitty fans used to make fun of us for losing in the playoffs while their team sat at home.

I don't want to get used to this, but it's not a bad consolation :lol:

Also, UM matching up against NDSU? You guys are insane. A "win likely"? I just can't even :lol:

2011BisonAlumni said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

This confirms it. News has reached El Forko that the Oxford has 24/7 hash browns & gravy. God have mercy on those antique diner chairs.

gotgame75 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
gotgame75 said:

They are significantly better at most positions that matter, namely OL, DL, QB, & secondary. I know people love Sneed, but the dude is maddeningly inconsistent while Stick has been the model of consistency for 4 years.
If you played behind that oline even you would be consistent. You did see the oline that Snead was constantly running for his life behind right? :roll:

I'm a big Griz fan, but come on guys, lets be realistic on this. What Griz players do you think would start on their team. I see Olson, and Akem. Buss would play for sure, start?

Back