• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU vs the Scats

How badly will the Scats get pummeled this week?

• 7 or fewer points

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 8-14

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • 15-28

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • 28-50

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • more than 50 points

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
New numbers plugged in, and the FSPM now has this one for the NUDer's 76-6. Kudos to the scats for tightening things up in the 2nd quarter and making this thing respectable!

:lol: :lol:

I miss when kitty fans used to make fun of us for losing in the playoffs while their team sat at home.

I get that it is the Cats and this is why everyone is piling on, but food for thought is, would the Griz have fared any better....if your answer is anything but no, you are not being very truthful with yourself.

grizindabox said:
I get that it is the Cats and this is why everyone is piling on, but food for thought is, would the Griz have fared any better....if your answer is anything but no, you are not being very truthful with yourself.

The Griz definitely wouldn’t have fared any better, but I don’t care. The schadenfreude is just too wonderful to ignore today.

grizindabox said:

No. No the Griz would not have, but I have a crap ton of hope they will in the future. Watching the SEC Championship and wow. Talk about physical football in the trenches. The Griz need big, strong and mean linemen. They have plenty of speed at skill positions. Until they get the plow horses - not going to beat good teams.

CatsNoMatterWhat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Re: The Official/unofficial Cats vs ndsu game day thread...
Report this post Quote
Post Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:10 pm

onceacat wrote: ↑
:arrow:
GoldstoneCat wrote: ↑
WYCAT wrote: ↑
We may have been playing with house money but this should show everyone just how far away we are from where we want to go. We are light years from being a national contender again.
Disagree. Football isn't transitive like that, IMO. If we lose by 50 today, it doesn't mean we're 7 touchdowns from national relevance. It's about matchups. These guys are the same as us, except better at every position in the trenches, and the entire defense. Doesn't mean that's true any time after today, or certainly next year. We're better than we're showing, it's a bad matchup and a team not built to play from behind. House money.
Ok, but why did we get equally shellacked by SDSU & EWU. I think there's a lot of making excuses going on here. We're probably too 20, but a long way from competing with a Top 5/8 program.
I think we’ll be flirting with pre-season top 10...and I think that’s correct. Returning pretty much the whole team while holding the QB position together with wood screws this season. Also, lots of injuries to the secondary this game. They won’t base it on this game. The Jacks are probably the 1 team that can run with NDSU so that was a good loss. We’re fine folks.
A post on Bobcat Nation

grizindabox said:

You couldn't be more wrong, gidb. Football is all about match ups, and the Griz match up EXTREMELY well against the Gravy Guys. Given the weird shape of a football, anything's possible (obviously), and I'm not saying the Griz'd romp comfortably, but a win would be likely. Go ahead and take that to the bank.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

You couldn't be more wrong, gidb. Football is all about match ups, and the Griz match up EXTREMELY well against the Gravy Guys. Given the weird shape of a football, anything's possible (obviously), and I'm not saying the Griz'd romp comfortably, but a win would be likely. Go ahead and take that to the bank.

LOL, OK

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

Respectfully disagree CEH. The griz would have gotten their asses handed to them up front. Bozo was as one dimensional a team as you will see in the playoffs. Griz could pass the ball, but not run. Griz could not beat the Cats, Weebs or EWU.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

How do we match up "EXTREMELY well" with NDSU? That is some true blind optimism. They are significantly better than us at almost every position with depth for days. They also have a decade of utter dominance under their belt, while we haven't been relevant for almost the same amount of time. Make no mistake, we would have gotten DESTROYED today too. Some fans apparently aren't realistic about the current state of the Griz.

How do you feel that powerhouse Griz OL would have fared today? lol

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

Would like to do another home and home with the Griz

gotgame75 said:
How do we match up "EXTREMELY well" with NDSU? That is some true blind optimism. They are significantly better than us at almost every position with depth for days. They also have a decade of utter dominance under their belt, while we haven't been relevant for almost the same amount of time. Make no mistake, we would have gotten DESTROYED today too. Some fans apparently aren't realistic about the current state of the Griz.

No quibble on the O-line, but I would disagree that they are "significantly better" at all that many other positions (counting O and D). But "depth for days" -- yeah, not even close.

IdaGriz01 said:
gotgame75 said:

No quibble on the O-line, but I would disagree that they are "significantly better" at all that many other positions (counting O and D). But "depth for days" -- yeah, not even close.

UNDSU is hands down better in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I don't think the talent is as close as you do.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
grizindabox said:

Would like to do another home and home with the Griz

Oh, no you wouldn't!!

Back