• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Documentary….The Meltdown in Missoula

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
I practice patty cake tackling too.

As well you should. Can’t be too careful.
As a friend of the family, I can tell you that Hal’s inspiration was an acronym for Driving Under Montana ‘Bliteration.
He was a simple man. Simple, but talented.

Ok. Makes sense. But that doesn’t “jump off the page” at you when you see the trophy.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
As well you should. Can’t be too careful.
As a friend of the family, I can tell you that Hal’s inspiration was an acronym for Driving Under Montana ‘Bliteration.
He was a simple man. Simple, but talented.

Ok. Makes sense. But that doesn’t “jump off the page” at you when you see the trophy.

Sometimes, when looking at art, one must open his mind. Your critique is stern, and I think Hal would accept it. He was a stern man. Stern, but fair.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Of course.

Created by the world-renowned wood-worker Hal Higginbotham, the trophy amazes with its simplistic elegance and beauty, while simultaneously managing to fully convey the remarkable skills and grit it takes to reach the top of idiot mountain.

OIP.I3eZBfOQbZVLiUcALCbJagHaHa

I know Hal’s family. Great, strong Montana family. His grandnephew, Orenthal, and I used to hang out behind Worden’s crushing burned-out fluorescent light tubes. Hal is a true master working with wood. Beautiful trophy.

Dare I say Butte tough?

Not knowing Hal personally, I can only go by what I've read regarding the history of the DA Trophy. And that was that one of Hal's desires was that it be understood and appreciated by all, even bub fans. Now, some may say that's creating art at the lowest common denominator, but I like to believe that Hal would view it as the role of the artist to make art enjoyable and understandable for the most mentally challenged among us (bubs)

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I know Hal’s family. Great, strong Montana family. His grandnephew, Orenthal, and I used to hang out behind Worden’s crushing burned-out fluorescent light tubes. Hal is a true master working with wood. Beautiful trophy.

Dare I say Butte tough?

You don’t even have to dare. The strength of the family and the goodness of the kids tell the tale.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Of course.

Created by the world-renowned wood-worker Hal Higginbotham, the trophy amazes with its simplistic elegance and beauty, while simultaneously managing to fully convey the remarkable skills and grit it takes to reach the top of idiot mountain.

OIP.I3eZBfOQbZVLiUcALCbJagHaHa

Hal Best in Spruce.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Hal Best in Spruce.

That’s…that’s just perfect. 😪

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Hal Best in Spruce.

Oh my god!!

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Back