• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Open Practices

Thought the offense looked pretty good today. The o-line opened up some really nice holes in the run game in 11 on 11. Bingham had a couple nice gains on catches. Sneed is creative and very athletic, also accurate. Jerry Louie-McGee looks bigger. Was nice to see the fine art of extra points being addressed. I'm thinking we'll see a very close qb competition between Sneed and Jensen going into fall. Terron Moses and Adam Eastwood also had some nice carries. Don't think I've said anything to ruffle any feathers so I'll stop there.

Yukon said:
Can someone point to one example on eGriz that gives away any trade secrets on the new Griz team? I haven't seen one.

Only thing I'd say, like I said before, is injuries.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: What’s the industry standard for having closed spring practice. I have no idea what do the power five boys do. And do,their fans respect it or does the majority bitch about? I am torn both ways I guess but am willing to give them a pass meaning if that’s what will make the tcoaches and the teams job easier and I mean not worrying about wasting time on what not to give away but just coach it up. Then :thumb:

I didn't see anything posted about which players were injured, but I'll trust that they were posted and deleted, or something.

Dutch Lane said:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: What’s the industry standard for having closed spring practice. I have no idea what do the power five boys do. And do,their fans respect it or does the majority bitch about? I am torn both ways I guess but am willing to give them a pass meaning if that’s what will make the tcoaches and the teams job easier and I mean not worrying about wasting time on what not to give away but just coach it up. Then :thumb:

Majority of college teams close practices. Many of the power conference teams even restrict press. Spring games are only thing open to public often.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
GGNez said:
Loved watching them practice today. Worth it to tell you NONE of what I observed.
there ... what... wut...

Just love the fat bastard and move along.
2zz7sKe.jpg

PDXGrizzly said:
krammer said:
grizd said:
Grizfan-24 said:
In Colin’s defense,

From a coaching perspective, I think there are some common sense things that people shouldn’t talk about. Just my opinion. Most of the discussion here or else where is harmless. Coaches do get a be bit proprietary and slightly paranoid. His request is completely within the realm of what is appropriate.

For example while I know what offensive and defensive stuff the UM might be employing, the only way I would talk about it honestly is when the media reports it. Once the program has seen fit to state publicly what it intends to do with personnel, scheme and overall philosophy it makes sense not to talk about it.

Moreover the injury and performance elements that speak to specific issues or injuries isn’t that wise either. Just an ethics thing I guess. Some of it doesn’t play well in the locker room, and the rest of it is a bit of a privacy issue.

Look we want information, because of the type of access that we have had in years past. Hauck’s opened practices up so we can see them again, but Stitt had them closed for the very reason that Colin ventured in here. Either conform or they will close practices.

Brint can attest for what the program asked them not to do. I honestly don’t think it is a difficult request to comply with.

No offense to Brint and the others, but I haven't seen anything remotely considered secret sauce now or ever. I think it's crazy to worry about what realtors, lawyers and dish network technicians are going to disclose on a message board or twitter. As for injury information, it will get out no matter what level of openness practices are.

I have to agree here,,,,there has not been any untoward topics discussed about practices that i have seen on the e-griz board.....just the usual fan excitement about our griz team ......colin, i don't know where your getting this information but i would think the coaching staff would be excited to have such fans talking about the griz football team.....don cut off the nose to spite your fact for sure....we are fans for crying out loud, we must have something to talk about on a football message board.

If we don’t get to talk football then the only recourse for eGriz will be discussing *gasp* societal issues. eGriz is about to get woke!

I honestly want to talk football and the excitement that this new staff has brought to the Griz is infectious. Plus, after the last few weeks/months we are football starved. eGriz is collectively going through withdrawals.

All I know is if anything I have read on here gives away a trade secret or is helping an opponent then this team is in serious trouble. IMO

Yukon said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Yukon said:
Can someone point to one example on eGriz that gives away any trade secrets on the new Griz team? I haven't seen one.

Number 1 is injuries.

There was also some chatter about schemes. Nothing really given away, but I think they were being proactive in saying they don't want that chatter to go any further than it has.

It's March....injuries are not an issue yet.

Who's injured? I hope not Jackson or Buss.

PlayerRep said:
Yukon said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Yukon said:

Number 1 is injuries.

There was also some chatter about schemes. Nothing really given away, but I think they were being proactive in saying they don't want that chatter to go any further than it has.

:clap: :thumb: :D

CDAGRIZ said:
I didn't see anything posted about which players were injured, but I'll trust that they were posted and deleted, or something.

Oh I think it’s on here, not deleted. I think it was more of a why wasn’t a player out there in a certain drill that may have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ORGUNGRIZ said:
NOTICE: Any eGrizzer that posts photos, pictures or any other football related information will have IP addresses tracked down and repercussions placed upon them by UM officials. Those found at fault of posting information or details otherwise to be consider sensitive by UM will be banned from UM grounds never to see another Grizzly football game in person. Those found at fault of serious divulging of information will also have cable, satellite tv and internet connections locked and will not be able to view games in that manner. Those eGrizzers found at fault of extreme negligence of divulged information will cause Building Official to post Washington Grizzly stadium as a dangerous building under 1997 Dangerous Build Code and no fan will be allowed into Washington Grizzly stadium!

Sorry could not resist! 😉

That's gold right there. LMAO :lol:

FYI: Yesterday I believe I re-injured a slight ACL tear that I sustained striking a coffee table while running to get a beer in the third quarter of a game during the 2014 game. I'm fairly sure I will not be able to get my own beers from the garage fridge for the remainder of spring practices.

so does this mean b/w or anyone else cannot give a summary of practice ???? if so, that sucks and is no way to build a fan base imo.....geez, .....most of us are hundreds of miles a way and look forward to anything griz.....

Ursa Major said:
FYI: Yesterday I believe I re-injured a slight ACL tear that I sustained striking a coffee table while running to get a beer in the third quarter of a game during the 2014 game. I'm fairly sure I will not be able to get my own beers from the garage fridge for the remainder of spring practices.

FFS man. Take off the bag & welding helmet off. I’m winging West this week so please let your Russian bride know I’d be happy to stop off @ Costco, always Costco, to get you a reclining sectional & big screen to co-locate near the garage fridge. Then all you’d need is a toaster for watching Griz games in the fall. I’ll hang up now, still trying to catch up after having lost an hour of drinking last night. GD daylight screwup program.

We are prohibited from discussing "personnel," i.e., players, right? Can we mention "tight ends," for example, if we don't refer to them by name? Bobby?

PlayerRep said:
Yukon said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
Yukon said:

Number 1 is injuries.

I heard BW's had a bad case of the flu! That's a pretty epic hit to the Griz!

Back