• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Open Practices

This is not an unreasonable request by the staff.

The people that demand #RTD next year or the staff should be fired, will be the same people that undermine the staff and cause them to close practices. As the saying goes, a few bad apples will ruin it for everyone else.
Our society seems to be at an all time low of mutual respect for others. Once upon a time I thought people in Montana were more respectable than most of the world, but we are slowly regressing.

Seriously why worry about injuries during spring.....what are they afraid if the #2 defense knowing what the #1 offense has in lineup firvthe scrimmages? If they think real opponents will scheme against the Griz due to spring ball they are tinfoil hat paranoid.

krammer said:
grizd said:
Grizfan-24 said:
In Colin’s defense,

From a coaching perspective, I think there are some common sense things that people shouldn’t talk about. Just my opinion. Most of the discussion here or else where is harmless. Coaches do get a be bit proprietary and slightly paranoid. His request is completely within the realm of what is appropriate.

For example while I know what offensive and defensive stuff the UM might be employing, the only way I would talk about it honestly is when the media reports it. Once the program has seen fit to state publicly what it intends to do with personnel, scheme and overall philosophy it makes sense not to talk about it.

Moreover the injury and performance elements that speak to specific issues or injuries isn’t that wise either. Just an ethics thing I guess. Some of it doesn’t play well in the locker room, and the rest of it is a bit of a privacy issue.

Look we want information, because of the type of access that we have had in years past. Hauck’s opened practices up so we can see them again, but Stitt had them closed for the very reason that Colin ventured in here. Either conform or they will close practices.

Brint can attest for what the program asked them not to do. I honestly don’t think it is a difficult request to comply with.

No offense to Brint and the others, but I haven't seen anything remotely considered secret sauce now or ever. I think it's crazy to worry about what realtors, lawyers and dish network technicians are going to disclose on a message board or twitter. As for injury information, it will get out no matter what level of openness practices are.

I have to agree here,,,,there has not been any untoward topics discussed about practices that i have seen on the e-griz board.....just the usual fan excitement about our griz team ......colin, i don't know where your getting this information but i would think the coaching staff would be excited to have such fans talking about the griz football team.....don cut off the nose to spite your fact for sure....we are fans for crying out loud, we must have something to talk about on a football message board.

If we don’t get to talk football then the only recourse for eGriz will be discussing *gasp* societal issues. eGriz is about to get woke!

I honestly want to talk football and the excitement that this new staff has brought to the Griz is infectious. Plus, after the last few weeks/months we are football starved. eGriz is collectively going through withdrawals.

**********************BREAKING****************************

The University of Montana football 2018 season will not have any televised games. This is a decision as to not allow our opponents to see our formations or learn of any injuries. This decision will also help fill seats at games as long as you don't share anything you see on the field. Any sharing of information that you see would force us to ban you from attending games in the future.

We, however, would like to thank Griz Nation for all the support you have shown us. Seriously, we really mean it.

*ticket prices will be increased 250% as to help with revenue for lack of TV coverage.

Yukon said:
**********************BREAKING****************************

The University of Montana football 2018 season will not have any televised games. This is a decision as to not allow our opponents to see our formations or learn of any injuries. This decision will also help fill seats at games as long as you don't share anything you see on the field. Any sharing of information that you see would force us to ban you from attending games in the future.

We, however, would like to thank Griz Nation for all the support you have shown us. Seriously, we really mean it.

*ticket prices will be increased 250% as to help with revenue for lack of TV coverage.

exactly!.. after the first game everybody pretty much knows what your up too..and if its ground and
pound you're going to kick their asses anyway!

Loved watching them practice today. Worth it to tell you NONE of what I observed.

Future conversation:

Coach: Man I a bit concerned about the Grizzlies this year. Hauck is back and he will certainly run different stuff than Stitt.

Assistant Coach: Don't worry, we've got social media posts from their spring practice!

Coach: WHEW! I was a bit worried there for a moment...

Grisly Fan said:
Future conversation:

Coach: Man I a bit concerned about the Grizzlies this year. Hauck is back and he will certainly run different stuff than Stitt.

Assistant Coach: Don't worry, we've got social media posts from their spring practice!

Coach: WHEW! I was a bit worried there for a moment...
:lol:
I could actually see that happening provided the exchange ends like this:

(Coach cont'd)...now fetch me my taintscratcher!

Assistant Coach: Right away, sir.

I'm not offended that they asked to keep it a little quieter. Totally reasonable.

It won't hurt but in the end I'm not sure it makes any difference whatsoever.

Either it's closed or it's open. If it's open anyone can find out what is happening on a daily basis.

NOTICE: Any eGrizzer that posts photos, pictures or any other football related information will have IP addresses tracked down and repercussions placed upon them by UM officials. Those found at fault of posting information or details otherwise to be consider sensitive by UM will be banned from UM grounds never to see another Grizzly football game in person. Those found at fault of serious divulging of information will also have cable, satellite tv and internet connections locked and will not be able to view games in that manner. Those eGrizzers found at fault of extreme negligence of divulged information will cause Building Official to post Washington Grizzly stadium as a dangerous building under 1997 Dangerous Build Code and no fan will be allowed into Washington Grizzly stadium!

Sorry could not resist! 😉

Re: Open Practices
Post by ORGUNGRIZ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:01 pm

NOTICE: Any eGrizzer that posts photos, pictures or any other football related information will have IP addresses tracked down and repercussions placed upon them by UM officials. Those found at fault of posting information or details otherwise to be consider sensitive by UM will be banned from UM grounds never to see another Grizzly football game in person. Those found at fault of serious divulging of information will also have cable, satellite tv and internet connections locked and will not be able to view games in that manner. Those eGrizzers found at fault of extreme negligence of divulged information will cause Building Official to post Washington Grizzly stadium as a dangerous building under 1997 Dangerous Build Code and no fan will be allowed into Washington Grizzly stadium!

Sorry could not resist! 😉

POY nomination - pick a catagory

O-line using a three guard formation no center...QB self hike with this formation wow!!!!!!! Up the gut=Up the gut=Up the gut^ Here we come Frisco Bobby ball 50/50 mix..........
Looks like Grizzzzz are going to have special team formations with kickers and multiple punters.
????????no (bqm) here.
Can’t wait til next practice
Most players are healthy water bottle had a sqirt top malfunction instead of steady stream there was a bit of faned out spray pattern on the one side pretty sure hair was to blame.

Can someone point to one example on eGriz that gives away any trade secrets on the new Griz team? I haven't seen one.

Yukon said:
Can someone point to one example on eGriz that gives away any trade secrets on the new Griz team? I haven't seen one.

Number 1 is injuries.

There was also some chatter about schemes. Nothing really given away, but I think they were being proactive in saying they don't want that chatter to go any further than it has.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Yukon said:

Number 1 is injuries.

There was also some chatter about schemes. Nothing really given away, but I think they were being proactive in saying they don't want that chatter to go any further than it has.

It's March....injuries are not an issue yet.

BWahlberg said:
Grizfan-24 said:
In Colin’s defense,

From a coaching perspective, I think there are some common sense things that people shouldn’t talk about. Just my opinion. Most of the discussion here or else where is harmless. Coaches do get a be bit proprietary and slightly paranoid. His request is completely within the realm of what is appropriate.

For example while I know what offensive and defensive stuff the UM might be employing, the only way I would talk about it honestly is when the media reports it. Once the program has seen fit to state publicly what it intends to do with personnel, scheme and overall philosophy it makes sense not to talk about it.

Moreover the injury and performance elements that speak to specific issues or injuries isn’t that wise either. Just an ethics thing I guess. Some of it doesn’t play well in the locker room, and the rest of it is a bit of a privacy issue.

Look we want information, because of the type of access that we have had in years past. Hauck’s opened practices up so we can see them again, but Stitt had them closed for the very reason that Colin ventured in here. Either conform or they will close practices.

Brint can attest for what the program asked them not to do. I honestly don’t think it is a difficult request to comply with.

It's really no different than the practice that's been in place since Delaney closed practices and Stitt carried it over. QB Club members usually can attend but are asked not to post/share/tweet/record/etc what they see, who gets hurt, formations, and so on. This year we got an email outlining the expectations which weren't really any different than before. At the Monday practice Eric Taber would share the same statement with those he could talk to. Take it in, watch, enjoy, keep it off social media.

Bobby wants fans to reinvest in the excitement of the program, I get that. And their hope is that those in attendance come to watch and enjoy and get excited for the upcoming season.

24 is especially right on the injury front, I recall that many times shared info from practices where a player would get hurt (Ben Weyer as the recent example) usually lead to a lot of frustration from the coaches/athletic department.

Brint will you still be able to tweet the scrimmages for us out of towners?

grizfan1984 said:
BWahlberg said:
Grizfan-24 said:
In Colin’s defense,

It's really no different than the practice that's been in place since Delaney closed practices and Stitt carried it over. QB Club members usually can attend but are asked not to post/share/tweet/record/etc what they see, who gets hurt, formations, and so on. This year we got an email outlining the expectations which weren't really any different than before. At the Monday practice Eric Taber would share the same statement with those he could talk to. Take it in, watch, enjoy, keep it off social media.

Bobby wants fans to reinvest in the excitement of the program, I get that. And their hope is that those in attendance come to watch and enjoy and get excited for the upcoming season.

24 is especially right on the injury front, I recall that many times shared info from practices where a player would get hurt (Ben Weyer as the recent example) usually lead to a lot of frustration from the coaches/athletic department.

Brint will you still be able to tweet the scrimmages for us out of towners?

Yeah, I'm for sure planning to, unless i"m told otherwise

Latest posts

Back