• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

oregon state

AZGrizFan said:
Tink just cemented a contract extension.

Had similar thoughts during their PAC championship game W, I'd say cemented is an apt word here. Good for him, I still remember when he worked at the Elbow Room on Sunday nights way back when.

Hoops watcher said:
AZGrizFan said:
Tink just cemented a contract extension.

Had similar thoughts during their PAC championship game W, I'd say cemented is an apt word here. Good for him, I still remember when he worked at the Elbow Room on Sunday nights way back when.

I miss that double wide and their quarter beer night on Thursday.

ORegon State’s postgame celebration really wasn’t much of a celebration at all, as the players seemed ready to prepare for the next opponent.

The Beavers proved Friday that their improbable run through the Pac-12 tournament as the fifth seed was no fluke, and the season rolls ahead. Twelfth-seeded OSU grabbed momentum from fifth-seeded Tennessee nearly from tipoff and never gave it back thanks to an unrelenting defensive effort and some timely offense. The result was a 70-56 win in an NCAA men’s basketball Midwest Regional first-round game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Led by Roman Silva’s 16 points on 8-of-8 shooting, the Beavers (18-12) claimed the program’s first NCAA tournament win since 1982. . . . Tennessee shot 21 of 63 (33.3%) overall, including 5 of 26 on 3-pointers. OSU was 27 of 56 overall and 10 of 21 on 3s. In practice, the Beavers have a “change drill” in which the ball handler is pressured while all other defenders are locked in on the passing lanes. “We talked in the scouting report (about) taking away the elbows and blocks by having a presence there off the ball so that they couldn’t get their drives to the rim. They’re so athletic,” said OSU coach Wayne Tinkle, who collected his first NCAA tournament win in his fifth appearance as a head coach and his second with the Beavers. “Then we had to get to their shooters with high hands in man and zone. But you look at the defensive numbers. I’d say other that a couple touchdown turnovers the guys really responded to the defensive focus.”

Tinks and Krysto...the yin and yang of former Griz coaches, with one getting let go and one winning his school’s first tourney game in 39 years (and probably cementing a big contract)....all within 48 hours of each other.

Rather than add this to what has turned into the "generic" tournament thread, I thought I would revive this one. The Beavers lead Oklahoma State at half time, 44-30.

Someone keep this score current, please. I’m in Mexico, and all the US Streams won’t transmit here.
Thanks!

RABIDAWG said:
Someone keep this score current, please. I’m in Mexico, and all the US Streams won’t transmit here.
Thanks!
Currently 54-50 at about 12 min to go. Announcers seem heavily biased for the "name" Okie State vs Oregon State. The refs, IMO, also ... not so much the fouls calls, but the fouls not call (on Okie-State).

Beavs not handling the press well, and Cowboys get two quick treys. Oregon State still leads 70-67 (3:39), but they must regain their composure.

Beavs 73-67, 1:44 left with foul shots coming. The Cowboy fouler slammed the Beav player so hard, the Okie player limped off the floor.

Back