• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Season: Expectations unmet

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, the Griz were looking UP in the standings to every one of those teams so I would say we’ve been passed by them whether you want to admit it or not. I swear, sometimes you remind me of the Iraqi Minister of Information, standing in front of the town square as US forces roll through telling his people everything is fine. Everything is fine. :lol: :lol:

“Bobby is the best coach in the BSC”
“Griz haven’t been passed by any other teams in the BSC”
“Griz were the best team in the BSC”
“Griz have more speed than NDSU”
“Griz don’t need to make any coaching changes”
“Rosenbach is a great offensive coach”
“Germer is a terrific coach”
“Griz O-line is performing fine”
…..and so many more….

I mean, how can one person be wrong SO many times and still fancy themselves some kind of football expert?

Coming from the poster who still thinks Stitt should be the coach. Of course, I didn't say many of those things either.

You’ve said literally all those things.

Bob Stitt
2015: 8-5 including play offs, (6-2 Big Sky)
Beat MSU 54-35 in Bozeman
Beat SDSU in the first round 24-17
Lost in the 2nd round to NDSU 37-6
2016: 6-5, (3-5 Big Sky)
Lost to MSU 17-24 in Missoula
Missed play offs
2017: 7-4, (5-3 Big Sky)
Lost to MSU 23-31 in Bozeman
Missed play offs

Bobby Hauck
2018: 6-5, (4-4 Big Sky)
Lost to MSU 25-29 in Missoula
Missed play offs
2019: 10-4 including play offs, (6-2 Big Sky)
Lost to MSU 14-48 in Bozeman.
Beat SELA in the first round 73-28
Lost to Weber in the second round 10-17
2020: Opted out of spring season. Played two games.
Beat CWU 59-3
Beat PSU 48-7
2021: 10-3 including play offs, (6-2 Big Sky)
Beat MSU 29-10 in Missoula
First round bye.
Beat EWU in the second round 57-41
Lost to JMU in the third round 6-28
2022: 8-5 including play offs, (4-4 Big Sky)
Lost to MSU 21-55 in Bozeman
Beat SEMO in the first round 34-24
Lost to NDSU in the second round 26-49

So in comparison Bob Stitt was 21-14 (60%) overall with one playoff appearance. He had a 1-2 record against MSU where the lone GRIZ win was by 19, and the two losses were by 7 and 8 points respectively. He was fired two days after a 23-31 loss to MSU.

Bobby Hauck in his second run as the GRIZ head coach is 36-17 (67%) (131-83 career for 61%) and has had three consecutive playoff appearances. He is 1-3 against MSU this time around with the lone win being by 19 points, and the losses were by 4, 34 and 34 points respectively.

Hauck is the better coach, but both have shown the same flaw in being loyal to a fault, Stitt with Semore and Hauck with Rosenbach. Changes need to be made, whether its re-evaluating the play book or changing coordinators. Additionally the excuse of injuries just doesn't cut it, if the goal is to be a top tier program there needs to be depth that is developed on the team like in Hauck's first run, and currently with NDSU. The GRIZ have the facilities, and coaching staff to make it happen, but the question remains if an honest reflection will take place within the coaching staff.

electricgriz42 said:
Bob Stitt
Missed play offs
Missed play offs

Bobby Hauck
Missed play offs
Beat CWU 59-3
Beat PSU 48-7
First round bye.

So in comparison Bob Stitt was 21-14 (60%) overall with one playoff appearance. He had a 1-2 record against MSU where the lone GRIZ win was by 19, and the two losses were by 7 and 8 points respectively. He was fired two days after a 23-31 loss to MSU.

Bobby Hauck in his second run as the GRIZ head coach is 36-17 (67%) (131-83 career for 61%) and has had three consecutive playoff appearances. He is 1-3 against MSU this time around with the lone win being by 19 points, and the losses were by 4, 34 and 34 points respectively.

Hauck is the better coach, but both have shown the same flaw in being loyal to a fault, Stitt with Semore and Hauck with Rosenbach. Changes need to be made, whether its re-evaluating the play book or changing coordinators. Additionally the excuse of injuries just doesn't cut it, if the goal is to be a top tier program there needs to be depth that is developed on the team like in Hauck's first run, and currently with NDSU. The GRIZ have the facilities, and coaching staff to make it happen, but the question remains if an honest reflection will take place within the coaching staff.

There is literally ZERO reason to bring Stitt into this discussion. Zero.

Bobby’s failures and shortcomings stand on their own. If being “better” than Stitt is our only measure, then we’re stuck with this mediocrity until Bobby decides to ride off into the sunset with all his middle of the pack participation ribbons.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, the Griz were looking UP in the standings to every one of those teams so I would say we’ve been passed by them whether you want to admit it or not. I swear, sometimes you remind me of the Iraqi Minister of Information, standing in front of the town square as US forces roll through telling his people everything is fine. Everything is fine. :lol: :lol:

“Bobby is the best coach in the BSC”
“Griz haven’t been passed by any other teams in the BSC”
“Griz were the best team in the BSC”
“Griz have more speed than NDSU”
“Griz don’t need to make any coaching changes”
“Rosenbach is a great offensive coach”
“Germer is a terrific coach”
“Griz O-line is performing fine”
…..and so many more….

I mean, how can one person be wrong SO many times and still fancy themselves some kind of football expert?

Coming from the poster who still thinks Stitt should be the coach. Of course, I didn't say many of those things either.

Hoops mentioned it, which is why I did the comparison.

AZGrizFan said:
electricgriz42 said:
Bob Stitt
Missed play offs
Missed play offs

Bobby Hauck
Missed play offs
Beat CWU 59-3
Beat PSU 48-7
First round bye.

Bobby’s failures and shortcomings stand on their own. If being “better” than Stitt is our only measure, then we’re stuck with this mediocrity until Bobby decides to ride off into the sunset with all his middle of the pack participation ribbons.

To evaluate progress, one has to compare the program to the past. The Griz have averaged top 10 in nation with multiple playoffs and play wins in the past 3 seasons. That is not mediocrity.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

To evaluate progress, one has to compare the program to the past. The Griz have averaged top 10 in nation with multiple playoffs and play wins in the past 3 seasons. That is not mediocrity.

Unfortunately for the Montana Grizzlies, just getting to the quarterfinals IS mediocrity. Not saying that's right or wrong, it's just the reality of the situation. If you're ok with just the quarterfinals every year then that's certainly your prerogative. Don't you want/expect more?

[*]
Griz2k said:
mthoopsfan said:

Unfortunately for the Montana Grizzlies, just getting to the quarterfinals IS mediocrity. Not saying that's right or wrong, it's just the reality of the situation. If you're ok with just the quarterfinals every year then that's certainly your prerogative. Don't you want/expect more?

Getting the quarterfinals is not mediocrity. Sure, I want the Griz to advance far every year, but I know that that only happens if you are NDSU. People who think quarterfinals is mediocrity don't understand sport. That's okay. They probably don't understand a lot of things. Most of them have probably not accomplished much in life either.

mthoopsfan said:
[*]
Griz2k said:

Getting the quarterfinals is not mediocrity. Sure, I want the Griz to advance far every year, but I know that that only happens if you are NDSU. People who think quarterfinals is mediocrity don't understand sport. That's okay. They probably don't understand a lot of things. Most of them have probably not accomplished much in life either.

I think most of the frustration comes from all the money the school is getting/spending and not seeing better results. We have the nicest facilities and stadium in all the fcs and its not close. Whats the point on building all that stuff if the quarters are the peak? Do we need all that to beat northwestern state at home? ELITE facilities should make it easier to build an ELITE team. Quarterfinals and getting you're ass handed to you by the cats and bizon isn't elite.

griznative24 said:
mthoopsfan said:
[*]

I think most of the frustration comes from all the money the school is getting/spending and not seeing better results. We have the nicest facilities and stadium in all the fcs and its not close. Whats the point on building all that stuff if the quarters are the peak? Do we need all that to beat northwestern state at home? ELITE facilities should make it easier to build an ELITE team. Quarterfinals and getting you're ass handed to you by the cats and bizon isn't elite.

Yes, quarterfinals may not be elite, but it's also not mediocrity. The last 3 years under Bobby are a huge improvement from where Bobby took over. With a healthy Johnson this year, UM would be at least in the semis, in my view. Yes, we need 2 good qb's every year. Bobby is 1-1 against the Cats in the last 2 seasons. Virtually no one beats the Bison at home. What's the stat? 1 loss at home in a bazillion years. The Griz were down 1 point in the 3d quarter.

griznative24 said:
mthoopsfan said:
[*]

Point of order.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2022-07-12/25-biggest-fcs-football-stadiums-country

One ought to find it interesting that the ten largest stadiums are Ivy League or HBCU institutions and the truth be known, the powers that be would rather just discontinue football competition completely as I'm certain Hoops can attest to that fact, were he to be completely honest knowing many of those academic leaders.

mthoopsfan said:
griznative24 said:

Yes, quarterfinals may not be elite, but it's also not mediocrity. The last 3 years under Bobby are a huge improvement from where Bobby took over. With a healthy Johnson this year, UM would be at least in the semis, in my view. Yes, we need 2 good qb's every year. Bobby is 1-1 against the Cats in the last 2 seasons. Virtually no one beats the Bison at home. What's the stat? 1 loss at home in a bazillion years. The Griz were down 1 point in the 3d quarter.

6th in the Big Sky conference is not an improvement

indiancoyote said:
mthoopsfan said:

6th in the Big Sky conference is not an improvement

Conference rank irrelevant. Completely irrelevant.

mthoopsfan said:
[*]
Griz2k said:

Well there you go. Hoops is fine with quarterfinals. That explains everything. Me on the other hand, I’m satisfied when we are competing for a championship. Now I know why he’s so set in the way things are. Pretty much don’t need to argue with him anymore. I really thought RTD was competing for a championship. Ya’all got sold a false bill of goods with ole Bobby. RTA. Return to Average. Average should be the Griz making the quarters every single year. That should be the floor of what you expect. So sad!

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:
[*]

Well there you go. Hoops is fine with quarterfinals. That explains everything. Me on the other hand, I’m satisfied when we are competing for a championship. Now I know why he’s so set in the way things are. Pretty much don’t need to argue with him anymore. I really thought RTD was competing for a championship. Ya’all got sold a false bill of goods with ole Bobby. RTA. Return to Average. Average should be the Griz making the quarters every single year. That should be the floor of what you expect. So sad!

Quarterfinals are not "mediocre". I said nothing about "satisfied". Did you even play flag football, or high school football? You need to get an education too. Can't read, and dishonest.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:
[*]

Take a breath and think about why that poster might be posting.

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:

Quarterfinals are not "mediocre". I said nothing about "satisfied". Did you even play flag football, or high school football? You need to get an education too. Can't read, and dishonest.

I’ve read enough of your garbage to know you are satisfied. BTW, did Hauck play flag football, high school or college football? I honestly don’t know. College for sure not. Whatever, he’s just average. I would say you are plenty satisfied with all the shit you’ve posted about how we are progressing just fine.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’ve read enough of your garbage to know you are satisfied. BTW, did Hauck play flag football, high school or college football? I honestly don’t know. College for sure not. Whatever, he’s just average. I would say you are plenty satisfied with all the shit you’ve posted about how we are progressing just fine.

Then, you obviously don't know how to read. I have never said that, and would never say that. Hauck is a very good coach and has been for a long time. Your comment shows how little you know in general and about football. Just a big mouth with a small brain hiding behind a keyboard. And you never played the game.

Back