• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recap

footballdood said:
EverettGriz said:
And yes, sodakstate and ewoooooo should be wildly embarrassed.

It's beyond embarrassing. And frustrating. But then you have to remember that Spokane isn't that much of a sports town, although I'm not sure what efforts (or lack thereof) EWU is making to get people to the games.

I've said it before, but if building a dome or even playing games in Spokane would yield respectable attendance they should do it, even if that's not my preferred route.

Really? You think building a dome is an option?

Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
It just can’t be done.

Without a conference invite, no, it really can't.

In seventh grade, I waited by the phone for weeks for Cindy Crawford to call and ask to come over and make out and then go to the dance with me on Thursday from 6-8pm. She never called so I just didn’t go to the dance.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Step 1: Don’t be FCS anymore
Step 2: Move to FBS
Step 3: Be FBS

Badabing, badaboom.

So you believe that Montana has a path, an option, in FBS? Please share.

Join an FBS conference. Pretty simple really. It’s done quite often by lesser programs.

CDAGRIZ said:
Htowngriz said:
Without a conference invite, no, it really can't.

In seventh grade, I waited by the phone for weeks for Cindy Crawford to call and ask to come over and make out and then go to the dance with me on Thursday from 6-8pm. She never called so I just didn’t go to the dance.

That explains so much. Lol

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Join an FBS conference. Pretty simple really. It’s done quite often by lesser programs.

So which conference that is actually adding members do you think is the best destination? WAC?

mtgrizrule said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CDA is the Montana of dating. Thinks he is too good for the girls currently in his circle, so instead of being the Don Juan of that group, sits at home wishing the cool group would invite him.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:

So which conference that is actually adding members do you think is the best destination? WAC?

The wac is an fcs conference

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:

IDK, I wonder if we’ve asked them all. I’ve said before that I can’t co-assistant manage this Taco Bell and run UM athletics at the same time.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

IDK, I wonder if we’ve asked them all. I’ve said before that I can’t co-assistant manage this Taco Bell and run UM athletics at the same time.

Focus on the Taco Bell. I don’t want the quality of my Nachos Bell Grande to suffer.

HelenaHandBasket said:
footballdood said:
It's beyond embarrassing. And frustrating. But then you have to remember that Spokane isn't that much of a sports town, although I'm not sure what efforts (or lack thereof) EWU is making to get people to the games.

I've said it before, but if building a dome or even playing games in Spokane would yield respectable attendance they should do it, even if that's not my preferred route.

Really? You think building a dome is an option?

Hahahaha certainly not.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mtgrizrule said:

CDA is the Montana of dating. Thinks he is too good for the girls currently in his circle, so instead of being the Don Juan of that group, sits at home wishing the cool group would invite him.

Correction: I WAS the Montana of dating…in seventh grade. Then, I was the Miami of dating for a few years. For the last 15, I’ve been more like the Mars of dating.

kurtismichael said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Focus on the Taco Bell. I don’t want the quality of my Nachos Bell Grande to suffer.

Not on my watch!

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
And yet so many on this board say they don’t want to play in “some meaningless toilet bowl game no one cares about”, but which in reality is attended by 31,000 and watched by millions on national television.

And yes, sodakstate and ewoooooo should be wildly embarrassed.

What channels were the EWU and Dakker games on?

ESPN +

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
You want to make FCS into something that it isn't. Those schools are fine because that is typical for FCS schools. The problem seems to be more of a "you" issue than a FCS issue.

Wrong!! I want to highlight what the fcs IS!!

What’s wrong with the fcs is that programs are just fine with 2100 “fans” at a playoff game. I aspire to more, because Montana already IS more.

In the immortal quote "show me the money".

GrizTexas said:
SaskGriz said:
We should move up as an independent. It worked for Notre Dame, BYU, and UMass. ;)

One of the biggest drawbacks of moving up is that Missoula is hard to get to and an expensive travel location. A conference guarantees a solid, consistent home schedule which is the backbone of the Griz athletic department finances. Its too bad we can't turn the clock back 90 years and latch onto what is now the Pac 12 conference where we used to play lots of games... I'm sorry but an expanded WA-GRIZ to 30K and having Washington State visit doesn't seem that far fetched (given we would have had the foresight 90 years ago)... but then again my hindsight has always been 20/20!

When we were in the Pacific Coast Conference, precursor to the PAC-12, the problem was that teams were not required to schedule other conference teams. As a result, many teams refused to take the train to Missoula. We could get Washington schools but few California teams would travel. From 1924-1950 Montana did attempt to do what you’re suggesting.

kurtismichael said:
CDAGRIZ said:

This!! Anita should never touch the drive thru window again. NEVER, ever again.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

CDA, pretty simple really. You’re dreaming of a Cindy Crawford conference and in actuality only Betty White FBS conferences are inviting schools. Some how it’s not the same

Back