• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recap

Grizzlies1982 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Join an FBS conference. Pretty simple really. It’s done quite often by lesser programs.

CDA, pretty simple really. You’re dreaming of a Cindy Crawford conference and in actuality only Betty White FBS conferences are inviting schools. Some how it’s not the same

I would say that Betty White would be quite desirable.....100 years old and flush with cash.

Grizzlies1982 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Join an FBS conference. Pretty simple really. It’s done quite often by lesser programs.

CDA, pretty simple really. You’re dreaming of a Cindy Crawford conference and in actuality only Betty White FBS conferences are inviting schools. Some how it’s not the same

Hey, I’ll take it. Unfortunately, it simply cannot be done because it hasn’t been done before. I think it was EG who mentioned that Dixie State will be FBS before the Montana schools. I tend to agree.

I’ve personally witnessed a program in a different sport go from nothing to quite something in the last 20 years. It was a “walk up on game day and pay your $8” program when I was a kid, and now it’s almost impossible to get a ticket. They didn’t become what they are with gun shy leadership unwilling or unable to try new things.

Ursa Major said:
kurtismichael said:
Focus on the Taco Bell. I don’t want the quality of my Nachos Bell Grande to suffer.

This!! Anita should never touch the drive thru window again. NEVER, ever again.

That was ONE time. One time, and during our all vegan menu experiment. I won’t name names, but Peabo Hansen (regional corporate lackey) had his mitts all over it. Anita is a nice lady who gives her all to The Bell every shift. She has co-assistant manager written all over her if/when I hang up the latex gloves.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
This!! Anita should never touch the drive thru window again. NEVER, ever again.

That was ONE time. One time, and during our all vegan menu experiment. I won’t name names, but Peabo Hansen (regional corporate lackey) had his mitts all over it. Anita is a nice lady who gives her all to The Bell every shift. She has co-assistant manager written all over her if/when I hang up the latex gloves.

She gives me 2 extra hot sauce packets every time I drive through. Give her another chance Ursa. Now as far as that Chad guy goes he should never be allowed to leave the produce prep table.

Ursa Major said:
GrizTexas said:
One of the biggest drawbacks of moving up is that Missoula is hard to get to and an expensive travel location. A conference guarantees a solid, consistent home schedule which is the backbone of the Griz athletic department finances. Its too bad we can't turn the clock back 90 years and latch onto what is now the Pac 12 conference where we used to play lots of games... I'm sorry but an expanded WA-GRIZ to 30K and having Washington State visit doesn't seem that far fetched (given we would have had the foresight 90 years ago)... but then again my hindsight has always been 20/20!

When we were in the Pacific Coast Conference, precursor to the PAC-12, the problem was that teams were not required to schedule other conference teams. As a result, many teams refused to take the train to Missoula. We could get Washington schools but few California teams would travel. From 1924-1950 Montana did attempt to do what you’re suggesting.

Personally, I would love to see low-cost weekend flights from Billings to Missoula. It would allow people on the eastern side of the state (like me) an accessible way to get to games without making a 4.5+ hour drive to and from Missoula every time. If someone out there has some airline strings they could pull, I guarantee you could fill those flights with Billings and Eastern MT fans, plus a few from further locations like Dallas who can fly into Billings first. It would be a win-win for both sides of the state. It would only be a few hundred people but it would help keep attendance higher during down weeks.

That, or get Amtrak to restore the southern route from Chicago to Spokane through Billings and Missoula.

CDAGRIZ said:
Htowngriz said:
Without a conference invite, no, it really can't.

In seventh grade, I waited by the phone for weeks for Cindy Crawford to call and ask to come over and make out and then go to the dance with me on Thursday from 6-8pm. She never called so I just didn’t go to the dance.
And that will help with Cindy Crawford?

CocoaBear said:
Ursa Major said:
When we were in the Pacific Coast Conference, precursor to the PAC-12, the problem was that teams were not required to schedule other conference teams. As a result, many teams refused to take the train to Missoula. We could get Washington schools but few California teams would travel. From 1924-1950 Montana did attempt to do what you’re suggesting.

Personally, I would love to see low-cost weekend flights from Billings to Missoula. It would allow people on the eastern side of the state (like me) an accessible way to get to games without making a 4.5+ hour drive to and from Missoula every time. If someone out there has some airline strings they could pull, I guarantee you could fill those flights with Billings and Eastern MT fans, plus a few from further locations like Dallas who can fly into Billings first. It would be a win-win for both sides of the state. It would only be a few hundred people but it would help keep attendance higher during down weeks.

That, or get Amtrak to restore the southern route from Chicago to Spokane through Billings and Missoula.
4.5 hours? That's Tim Horton's to Tim Horton's on the Trans Canada. That's Regina Pats to the LaRonge IceDogs for minor league hockey. That's Swift Current for fuel to Great Falls for Micro Brew beer on the way to kickoff. GO GRIZ

kurtismichael said:
CDAGRIZ said:

She gives me 2 extra hot sauce packets every time I drive through. Give her another chance Ursa. Now as far as that Chad guy goes he should never be allowed to leave the produce prep table.

FFS! Listen to the two Anita apologists rationalizing her performance. Perhaps you two have forgotten what was found in EG’s Taco Ten-Pack last February? Handed to Mrs. EG by Anita from the DRIVE-THRU. Thank god he was too drunk to only make it thru half the ten-pack.

Anita has tiny hands, doesn’t secure window handoffs and drops way to many orders. She was never meant to work the window.

Anita is not a beller.

Ursa Major said:
kurtismichael said:

FFS! Listen to the two Anita apologists rationalizing her performance. Perhaps you two have forgotten what was found in EG’s Taco Ten-Pack last February? Handed to Mrs. EG by Anita from the DRIVE-THRU. Thank god he was too drunk to only make it thru half the ten-pack.

Anita has tiny hands, doesn’t secure window handoffs and drops way to many orders. She was never meant to work the window.

Anita is not a beller.

She has great hands (undrrafted again this year). How about you worry about managing the hedge fund from your yacht in Barbados, and I’ll worry about Anita’s dexterity?

CocoaBear said:
Ursa Major said:

I remember my father speaking of the California teams not wanting to make the trip because the train travel was too difficult, mostly because they (rail service) refused to add additional Pullman cars into Montana for the teams.

Speaking from experience as I travel from Texas to all the home games its much easier (although still too expensive) to get to Missoula these days then it has been in the past especially from Texas but if the airlines are going to add service it needs to be from the hubs not Billings. Really don't think the Billings crowd would give up their cars even though its a 4.5 hour drive. They would have to operate that flight all week not just on the weekend and their definition of low cost and yours might be a little different...

Be thankful you get to make the 4.5 hour drive, would love to have that option vs. the all day travel by plane. Plus its good road, there are no flight delays or middle seats... and it is in Montana! Go Griz!!

GrizTexas said:
CocoaBear said:

I remember my father speaking of the California teams not wanting to make the trip because the train travel was too difficult, mostly because they (rail service) refused to add additional Pullman cars into Montana for the teams.

Speaking from experience as I travel from Texas to all the home games its much easier (although still too expensive) to get to Missoula these days then it has been in the past especially from Texas but if the airlines are going to add service it needs to be from the hubs not Billings. Really don't think the Billings crowd would give up their cars even though its a 4.5 hour drive. They would have to operate that flight all week not just on the weekend and their definition of low cost and yours might be a little different...

Be thankful you get to make the 4.5 hour drive, would love to have that option vs. the all day travel by plane. Plus its good road, there are no flight delays or middle seats... and it is in Montana! Go Griz!!

IDK, GT. I’ve heard that road from the Billings area is pretty treacherous. It takes a truly brave soul to make the selfless sacrifice of leaving home to watch an in-state college football game. Driving on an interstate borders Butte levels of Montana Toughness.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizTexas said:

IDK, GT. I’ve heard that road from the Billings area is pretty treacherous. It takes a truly brave soul to make the selfless sacrifice of leaving home to watch an in-state college football game. Driving on an interstate borders Butte levels of Montana Toughness.

Scoff if you must, but we almost got run over by a rogue moose while making that treacherous drive about a month ago! Never gonna face dangers like that at 10,000 feet! ;)

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Scoff if you must, but we almost got run over by a rogue moose while making that treacherous drive about a month ago! Never gonna face dangers like that at 10,000 feet! ;)

We must, we must!!

AZGrizFan said:
MikeyGriz said:

We must, we must!!

Plus don't forget, that dangerous interstate has that stretch through Bozangeles! It's the scariest part of the trip. (It is fun to stop at the rest area and piss on Bozeman though!) :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Anita is not a beller.

She has great hands (undrrafted again this year). How about you worry about managing the hedge fund from your yacht in Barbados, and I’ll worry about Anita’s dexterity?

With this attitude it’s no wonder that Taco Bell hasn’t been relevant in the past 10 years. Yes, we all remember the glory years with the chihuahua. That was a long time ago.

There’s no way Anita even makes the squad at Sonic or Wendy’s. Even lowly regional Taco John’s wouldn’t let her touch the drive-thru window.

You guys that are happy staying put as a second-rate fast food chain kill me. Plus the second-rate fast food market has been watered-down in recent years with Dell Taco and Taco Time making the jump. It’s time to up your game and compete head-to-head with the big boys. Unless of course if you enjoy competing against Arctic Circles and corn dog trucks.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

With this attitude it’s no wonder that Taco Bell hasn’t been relevant in the past 10 years. Yes, we all remember the glory years with the chihuahua. That was a long time ago.

There’s no way Anita even makes the squad at Sonic or Wendy’s. Even lowly regional Taco John’s wouldn’t let her touch the drive-thru window.

You guys that are happy staying put as a second-rate fast food chain kill me. Plus the second-rate fast food market has been watered-down in recent years with Dell Taco and Taco Time making the jump. It’s time to up your game and compete head-to-head with the big boys. Unless of course if you enjoy competing against Arctic Circles and corn dog trucks.

OMFG. Well done. :lol:

GrizTexas said:
CocoaBear said:

I had no idea about the Pullman cars, TG. :thumb: Interesting stuff. It figures Wazzu would have a hand in all of this.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

OMFG. Well done. :lol:

Ursa for the win. Time to put Anita on lobby cleaning duty CDA. I’ll have to go without my extra sauce packets.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Anita is not a beller.

Woke up at 2 AM last night and read the continuation of the Anita saga. Woke up the wife, she was wondering what I was laughing about in the middle of the night. I told her don’t worry about it, just reading about Anita at Taco Bell. Slept on the couch until morning. 😂

Back