• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recap

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
She has great hands (undrrafted again this year). How about you worry about managing the hedge fund from your yacht in Barbados, and I’ll worry about Anita’s dexterity?

With this attitude it’s no wonder that Taco Bell hasn’t been relevant in the past 10 years. Yes, we all remember the glory years with the chihuahua. That was a long time ago.

There’s no way Anita even makes the squad at Sonic or Wendy’s. Even lowly regional Taco John’s wouldn’t let her touch the drive-thru window.

You guys that are happy staying put as a second-rate fast food chain kill me. Plus the second-rate fast food market has been watered-down in recent years with Dell Taco and Taco Time making the jump. It’s time to up your game and compete head-to-head with the big boys. Unless of course if you enjoy competing against Arctic Circles and corn dog trucks.

Fuckin’ Del Taco. :twisted: :twisted:

kurtismichael said:
CDAGRIZ said:
She has great hands (undrrafted again this year). How about you worry about managing the hedge fund from your yacht in Barbados, and I’ll worry about Anita’s dexterity?

Woke up at 2 AM last night and read the continuation of the Anita saga. Woke up the wife, she was wondering what I was laughing about in the middle of the night. I told her don’t worry about it, just reading about Anita at Taco Bell. Slept on the couch until morning. 😂

:lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:
With this attitude it’s no wonder that Taco Bell hasn’t been relevant in the past 10 years. Yes, we all remember the glory years with the chihuahua. That was a long time ago.

There’s no way Anita even makes the squad at Sonic or Wendy’s. Even lowly regional Taco John’s wouldn’t let her touch the drive-thru window.

You guys that are happy staying put as a second-rate fast food chain kill me. Plus the second-rate fast food market has been watered-down in recent years with Dell Taco and Taco Time making the jump. It’s time to up your game and compete head-to-head with the big boys. Unless of course if you enjoy competing against Arctic Circles and corn dog trucks.

Has anyone ever eaten there sober?

Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:

They’re looking to drop back down. have closed several locations….really weren’t ready for prime time and couldn’t find great locations to move up to. The elite fast food joints (you know, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Sonic, etc.,) already have all the good slots filled up and nobody wants to have a Del Taco in their neighborhood.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:

They’re looking to drop back down. have closed several locations….really weren’t ready for prime time and couldn’t find great locations to move up to. The elite fast food joints (you know, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Sonic, etc.,) already have all the good slots filled up and nobody wants to have a Del Taco in their neighborhood.
Ahh, the University of Idaho of fast food.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:

At least their leadership had the balls to try to compete with the blue bloods. If their sauce game was better, they’d still be at the next level. Also, replacing the turkey tacos with the impossible “meat” was a deal breaker. Back to competing with the Wienerschnizels and Farmer Boys of the FF landscape.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

At least their leadership had the balls to try to compete with the blue bloods. If their sauce game was better, they’d still be at the next level. Also, replacing the turkey tacos with the impossible “meat” was a deal breaker. Back to competing with the Wienerschnizels and Farmer Boys of the FF landscape.

They are so A&W-ish.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

They are so A&W-ish.

They just couldn’t find a way put a hat on a hat.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

They are so A&W-ish.

So A&W-ish. They’ll probably get blown out by Dick’s in a money game before having to move down.

Side note: The original Del Taco is closed (I want to say it was in Yucaipa or Yucca, some weird Y town) but the oldest one is still going strong in Hesperia or Victorville. They serve the tacos a bit differently with whole tomato slices and more cheese. I sometimes hit it up coming back from Vegas. It’s also a shame how the whole Naugles situation went down. They tried to open a new one here locally a few years ago, but I think COVID got them. I think the only one left is down at the beach, aka DII.

Edit: I’m an idiot. Original DT was in Yermo, and the oldest one is in Barstow.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
They are so A&W-ish.

So A&W-ish. They’ll probably get blown out by Dick’s in a money game before having to move down.

Side note: The original Del Taco is closed (I want to say it was in Yucaipa or Yucca, some weird Y town) but the oldest one is still going strong in Hesperia or Victorville. They serve the tacos a bit differently with whole tomato slices and more cheese. I sometimes hit it up coming back from Vegas. It’s also a shame how the whole Naugles situation went down. They tried to open a new one here locally a few years ago, but I think COVID got them. I think the only one left is down at the beach, aka DII.

I heard Dicks is getting the next invite to the show. True story. Goin’ big time….

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I heard Dicks is getting the next invite to the show. True story. Goin’ big time….

God, I hope so. They’re due. They’ve dominated the regional burger game off and on for decades. Time to make the leap and test their metal against the big boys. Just gotta make sure the sanitation is up to code, as that has been their Achilles heel in recent years. Can’t get away with that shit in The Show.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

God, I hope so. They’re due. They’ve dominated the regional burger game off and on for decades. Time to make the leap and test their metal against the big boys. Just gotta make sure the sanitation is up to code, as that has been their Achilles heel in recent years. Can’t get away with that shit in The Show.

I think it’s mostly simple adjustments to their program. Hourly needle sweeps of the parking lots, asking fentanyl addicts to not sleep on the tables. They’re almost there.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I think it’s mostly simple adjustments to their program. Hourly needle sweeps of the parking lots, asking fentanyl addicts to not sleep on the tables. They’re almost there.

They’re not too remote, are they? I mean, do they understand where all the extra cash is going to come from to enable them to move up? I’d hate to see them turn into another Shake Shack….

AZGrizFan said:
Ursa Major said:

They’re not too remote, are they? I mean, do they understand where all the extra cash is going to come from to enable them to move up? I’d hate to see them turn into another Shake Shack….

Bill Gates has openly said that he can’t get enough Dicks and has been a silent supporter for decades. I think they’ll be just fine.

Shake Shack was a farce. Way too many ex-cons and 2nd chancers in their program. They were the Fresno State of the fast food world (FFW).

Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:

Bill Gates has openly said that he can’t get enough Dicks and has been a silent supporter for decades. I think they’ll be just fine.

Shake Shack was a farce. Way too many ex-cons and 2nd chancers in their program. They were the Fresno State of the fast food world (FFW).

Or is Fresno State the Shake Shack of the FBS world? :?: :?: :?:

Back