• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ribs Recipe

Cuervohola said:
You like the taste of Aluminum???

I use one of those disposable tin trays on the smoker. Doesn't seem to impart any off tastes and they're made for baking so...I figure if its good enough for my beer, it's good enough for my beans. :D

snap said:
What's up Hammer? I'm taking my beans a notch or two farther than I have in the past. I went with three japs and didn't remove the seeds or membranes. Tomorrow might be an interesting trip to the bathroom.

Add some Cayenne... Make it that much more fun

Cuervohola said:
snap said:
What's up Hammer? I'm taking my beans a notch or two farther than I have in the past. I went with three japs and didn't remove the seeds or membranes. Tomorrow might be an interesting trip to the bathroom.

You have an evil streak in you...

snap said:
Cuervohola said:
You like the taste of Aluminum???

I use one of those disposable tin trays on the smoker. Doesn't seem to impart any off tastes and they're made for baking so...I figure if its good enough for my beer, it's good enough for my beans. :D

Well, to each his own... I only use glass

snap said:
Cuervohola said:
snap said:

You have an evil streak in you...

Yep... a burning streak.. But the health benefits of Cayenne are amazing... If you haven't seen this article, read it

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/cayenne.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Holy shit. I just got a pic to work. Hold on, I'll add the one with the ribs on top...

Cayenne? Yep, I'm a big fan. I use quite a bit in my rub so I figure I've got that part covered.

Just brushed the ribs with apple juice and wrapped them in foil. Few more hours and it's gonna be rib mania.

snap said:
Just brushed the ribs with apple juice and wrapped them in foil. Few more hours and it's gonna be rib mania.

Yum where do you live? I'll leave Butte right now if your within 2 hrs?? :thumb:

Hammer said:
snap said:

Yum where do you live? I'll leave Butte right now if your within 2 hrs?? :thumb:

I'm about 6 miles from Noxon (towards Bull river) so it would probably be closer to a 5 hour drive from Butte. Your welcome any time though. Heck, if you left now there may still be a rib or two left and I'll send you home tomorrow with a doggy bag. :lol:

Hey Hammer, if you read this in time, run the 3-2-1 thing by me. Is it 3 hours on the smoker, then 2 hours on the smoker wrapped in foil, then 1 hour unfoiled on the smoker? Or does the 1 mean to take the foil wrapped ribs off and let them rest for an hour?

snap said:
Hammer said:
snap said:

I'm about 6 miles from Noxon (towards Bull river) so it would probably be closer to a 5 hour drive from Butte. Your welcome any time though. Heck, if you left now there may still be a rib or two left and I'll send you home tomorrow with a doggy bag. :lol:

Hey Hammer, if you read this in time, run the 3-2-1 thing by me. Is it 3 hours on the smoker, then 2 hours on the smoker wrapped in foil, then 1 hour unfoiled on the smoker? Or does the 1 mean to take the foil wrapped ribs off and let them rest for an hour?

no last hr on the grill. Thats when you add your sauce.

Well, coming into the last hour here boys. What a (slow) ride it's been. I'll post a pic of the finished product then sign off and drift into a rib-induced coma for the evening. Damn I love smoking ribs!

Oh sweet baby Jesus! Look at those ribs! The second pic is right after I took them out of the foil and plopped 'em down for the last hour of finishing. Did I mention that I love smoking ribs? Oh, and the beans are bubbling along happy as a clam. Damn boys...I've got only one thing to say....L'Chaim! (pronounced la hi am) which is a yiddish toast that means TO LIFE!

Latest posts

Back