• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Root for the Kitties?

1981Griz

As a Griz fan, if you really hate the Bobcats, then you don't have to root for the Bobcats to win the FCS Championship.
Instead, root for the NDSU Bison to lose. Just saying.........
I'm backing the Montana kids.

I have wonderful neighbors that are Cats. My sister married into a House Divided. They are Montana kids, I will root for them. Does the golden corral really need another 🏆

This is where I’m at as well. Cat fans (for the most part) have been respectable as far as not trying to make this about their rivalry with the Griz. Some have come on the board and asked us to cheer them on in the spirit of cheering for Montana boys. I love the sentiment, but the moment on the TV l, I couldn’t get myself to even muster any sort of joy for MSU. But yes, happy for the Montana boys :thumb: Long live the rivalry!

If you are on the fence and need a reason to cheer for the cats read any message board or Facebook posts by a cocky arrogant bison fan and you will put our rivalry aside and root for the cats. I hate most cat fans and their esggcg chant they do during every game, wedding, bowel movement and probably sex. However those boys playing over in Bozeman have been on a mission since the Brawl. If I read one more time that bison attendance is down because the fans are bored of winning I’m going to vomit.
I just hope the cats don’t lose their mojo with the three week layoff before the game.
When the cats win we will deal with the fallout but it will be better than listening to Bison fans.

End of the day I treat the MSU/Montana rivalry like I do with Army/Navy/Air Force. Will support them all until they play my teams (Montana and Army). Hoping the Cats can get the win and represent the State and Big Sky well.

Mavman said:
If you are on the fence and need a reason to cheer for the cats read any message board or Facebook posts by a cocky arrogant bison fan and you will put our rivalry aside and root for the cats. I hate most cat fans and their esggcg chant they do during every game, wedding, bowel movement and probably sex. However those boys playing over in Bozeman have been on a mission since the Brawl. If I read one more time that bison attendance is down because the fans are bored of winning I’m going to vomit.
I just hope the cats don’t lose their mojo with the three week layoff before the game.
When the cats win we will deal with the fallout but it will be better than listening to Bison fans.

fifty/fifty

I won’t root for or against msu. Both teams got there and both have a chance to win.

Mavman said:

I choked on my coffee with that line :lol: :clap:

I like to hear it only every other year, when the rivalry is played in Bozeman. Any other that, what's the point.

The State of Montana is the Mecca for FCS football.

…will also carry the torch of the rivalry…
…eat dog siht cats go griz go…
…long live the rivalry…

… :shock: …

NikeGrizz said:
If you’re rooting for the Cats you’re not a real Griz fan. FTC

This sentiment boggles my mind. Why? I’ll root for the players and the non-irritating fans. Montana kids are playing in the natty! These are your neighbors, possibly even family in some cases. That championship trophy has been too long out of the state of Montana. I wish it were the Griz, but it isn’t.

Come January 8th, we should all be Montanans rooting for Montanans. Put the bitterness aside for 1 day.

I can surely support the Cats against NDSU in 3 weeks. No way can I root for NDSU.
I am confident what we won’t see is full page ads taken out in Montana Newspapers supporting the Bison (like the Griz experienced when we faced Villanova for the National Championship)
Go Griz!

i view it as kind of a win-win situation - i'll lightly root for the bobs because they are a montana team with montana kids playing, so if they win, great for them, the state, and the bsc, plus ndsu is annoying. if they lose, well, they are the bobs and i might feel a little schadenfreude, given that them losing to the griz put them in the sisters of the poor bracket, helping them get to the championship game.

PDXGrizzly said:
NikeGrizz said:

This sentiment boggles my mind. Why? I’ll root for the players and the non-irritating fans. Montana kids are playing in the natty! These are your neighbors, possibly even family in some cases. That championship trophy has been too long out of the state of Montana. I wish it were the Griz, but it isn’t.

Come January 8th, we should all be Montanans rooting for Montanans. Put the bitterness aside for 1 day.
+1 :thumb:

I want to believe that the cats can win. But then again, I wanted to believe Pamela Anderson's bosom was real...

When the chant started at the end of the game I realized that we live in their head rent free.

FTC

Bisonation said:
NikeGrizz said:

finally found someone not SOFT.
jump on the Bison Bandwagon... its ok.

I think the leaf springs broke a couple blocks back, and all the fats got out to piss up brick walls. What’s a Biso?

Back