• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Root for the Kitties?

GottaluvGriz said:
I can surely support the Cats against NDSU in 3 weeks. No way can I root for NDSU.
I am confident what we won’t see is full page ads taken out in Montana Newspapers supporting the Bison (like the Griz experienced when we faced Villanova for the National Championship)
Go Griz!
:thumb: :thumb:

I am not rooting for NDSU, but I am definitely not rooting for the Cats. As people have stated before, it doesn't matter who they play ESGGCG always echoes forth. When you could hear that at the end of the game against the Jackrabbits, well that pretty much made up my mind. And it's not just the fans, the classless athletic department perpetuates this by playing Mony Mony any chance they are given. Can't root for them, not rooting against them.

RockyGriz8844 said:
I am not rooting for NDSU, but I am definitely not rooting for the Cats. As people have stated before, it doesn't matter who they play ESGGCG always echoes forth. When you could hear that at the end of the game against the Jackrabbits, well that pretty much made up my mind. And it's not just the fans, the classless athletic department perpetuates this by playing Mony Mony any chance they are given. Can't root for them, not rooting against them.
Just one more reason why I will never root for the Cats.

'68griz said:
RockyGriz8844 said:
Just one more reason why I will never root for the Cats.

Yep!

I hate the cats because they are our bitter rival, but can't stand their fan base behavior. There is absolutely no logic is this world today where I will root for the cats to win a championship.

FTC 24/7/365!!

If da Griz were playing the UND F'Hawks in the championship, I would want you to beat them 49-0.

Now if you were playing SDSU in the championship, which could definitely happen in the next year or two, I would want you to beat them 98-0.

If I'm a Griz fan (I wasn't allowed because somehow I am both too pretty and too fat to qualify as a Griz fan), no way in hell I'm cheering for the team that UM goes head-to-head against in recruits.

This game will probably the first of the next 10 championship games that will have either NDSU, SDSU, UM or MSU in it.

NikeGrizz said:
If you’re rooting for the Cats you’re not a real Griz fan. FTC

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Lets look at it from the other side. Hmmm....
"You're either a Cat or a Griz, there's no inbetween." --Mike Callahan, former linebacker for the scats, during the play-by-play during the 1997 Griz game in Bozeman.

Besides, rooting against the scats doesn't make me a Bison, or whatever they are playing. You're right NikeGrizz, FTC!

…root for the cats…
…when they play north korea/ taliban combined team…
…posting for a friend…

:coffee:

Never!!!!!! Not when members of their fanbase continue to:
1) denigrate the quality/value of a UM degree
2) spin the narrative that math, science and tech degrees can only be found in Bozeman
3) root for UM as an institution to fail and ultimately close down.

Go Bizon!!!

grizfnz said:
2) spin the narrative that math, science and tech degrees can only be found in Bozeman

Go Bizon!!!

The only way this game could be more insufferable is if Eastern fans got involved somehow.

grizfnz said:

Go Bizon!!!

This… I’ve been singing this song for years.

I always rooted for the griz when we (MSU) were out and griz were still in, because I love the state of Montana.

If we win, you can say you beat the National Champions on the field. :thumb:

Also, how can anyone with any ties to Montana root for the bizen? Be indifferent, OK I get that

- I was offered by both schools, and chose MSU b/c engineering - despite our real rivalry, I want both D1 Montana schools to thrive. It would've been best if we were playing you in Frisco - that would be fantastic! You had a tougher row to hoe, though.

For some reason, and I can't put my finger on what, exactly, I am a HARD NO on MSU.
Usually, I don't give a rat's a$$ what the 'Cats do, who they're playing or whether or not they win or lose. I don't really care.
But THIS year? I'm 100% FTC all the way. I'm not only not rooting tor them, I won't be watching. I don't consider either of the two teams playing in the chipper to be the best two in the nation.
So, no, I'm not rooting for the Kitties.
F.T.C.

argh! said:
i view it as kind of a win-win situation - i'll lightly root for the bobs because they are a montana team with montana kids playing, so if they win, great for them, the state, and the bsc, plus ndsu is annoying. if they lose, well, they are the bobs and i might feel a little schadenfreude, given that them losing to the griz put them in the sisters of the poor bracket, helping them get to the championship game.

This is literally the kindest sentiment I have this year.. And it's fleeting. As soon as I turn off the laptop, I'll be 100% FTC again.
I just don't have it in me to be even this gracious to them this year. Not sure why.

I think I'm rooting for the refs to make the game about themselves and make a shit ton of controversial/incorrect calls that screw over both teams so nobody really knows the true winner. Maybe a blatant, missed OPI in the endzone to cap it off for the Bizons in 8OT, 10-3.

Are you kidding me? Hell no! Especially after they chant eat shit grizzlies after their semifinal win. Fuck those guys. FTC every day! Go Bizon

JDoub said:
I always rooted for the griz when we (MSU) were out and griz were still in, because I love the state of Montana.

If we win, you can say you beat the National Champions on the field. :thumb:

Also, how can anyone with any ties to Montana root for the bizen? Be indifferent, OK I get that

- I was offered by both schools, and chose MSU b/c engineering - despite our real rivalry, I want both D1 Montana schools to thrive. It would've been best if we were playing you in Frisco - that would be fantastic! You had a tougher row to hoe, though.

You chose based on engineering, do you have an engineering degree?

CDAGRIZ said:
grizfnz said:

Go Bizon!!!

The only way this game could be more insufferable is if Eastern fans got involved somehow.

OMG, this thread just about made me burst a blood vessel. That last line. Exactly how I feel.

…a griz connection at the big game…
…the timmer kid..great griz student athlete…
…team doctor for north dakota state university…

…ftc…

Back