• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Root for the Kitties?

I wouldn't call it rooting, but I'd like to see MSU win the chipper. After all it was 1984 when they were last there and NDSU has had more than their share. But in reflection, I can't recall any MSU fans rooting for us in our 7 trips there.

I’ll watch the game, but root for neither. In my opinion and personal dealings with both fan bases, I can tolerate the Bison fans much more than Cats fans. They are gracious in victory and in defeat and I had a great time with them in Missoula when they played here.

goatcreekgriz said:
I’ll root for ‘em. Griz beat the Cats soundly this year and kid from Butte playing QB.

Well said Goat Creek. Look at it from their perspective. The last time the Cats got to this point was 37 long, hard years ago. They have been manhandled by Big Brother 26 times since then. They watched the Griz going off to the Chipper time after time. Watched bitterly as WaGriz became THE FCS Mecca and have done all they could to emulate Big Brother, to be like Big Brother, just desperate to be loved by the state of Montana like Big Brother. And now after years of dedicated improvement they have reached this pinnacle, but even here, in their moment of triumph, they have been reminded with yet another beating from Big Brother gnawing at their very souls. Even if the Cats somehow beat the Bison (which I sure hope they do) there will always be that painful blemish on this, their glorious season.

This is more about rooting for the state of Montana and the the Montana kids than rooting for the kittens! So many of these MSU kids could have been Griz. I hate MSU fans more than anyone. My son asked me if I’d still root for MSU if he played for them. I told him, “I’d root for you, but not the Cats.” Look, we all know how unbearable Cat fans can be, but NDSU fans are the worst. They are the elitist of the elite. We’ve seen their posts here, and nothing makes me sicker. To pick NDSU over these kids from Montana doesn’t make sense to me. I hate the Cats as much as anyone, but to see the Cats upset NDSU would be great for the state of Montana, and for all of those boys that play here. Get over your egos and personal hatred toward the inbred Cat fans, and support these Montana boys.

rocklobster said:
Look, we all know how unbearable Cat fans can be, but NDSU fans are the worst. They are the elitist of the elite. We’ve seen their posts here, and nothing makes me sicker. To pick NDSU over these kids from Montana doesn’t make sense to me. I hate the Cats as much as anyone, but to see the Cats upset NDSU would be great for the state of Montana,

Disagree. I had friends play for the Cats, and friends play for the Griz. I respected both programs. I cheered for the 1984 Cats to win the Chipper. As the clock was winding down towards zero the 1984 cat fans started their obsessive hatred "poooor Grizzlies" and ESGGCG chants. Thus I have NOT cheered for them since. A Griz player's mother once told me she was going to make her first trip to Gallatin County to watch the rivalry football game and I warned her that she would get spit on and cursed at (and it happened). They are out-of-control. :bs:

I will never root for the Bobcats, and could not care less about how many Montany Boyz are on their roster. Fuck them and their NorDakker coach. I hope they lose by 70, but the only problem with that is it would mean the Bizon win. So, I guess I just hope everyone involved gets pinkeye.

This thread is funny. If the whole thing was reversed and the Griz were in the chipper, there would be the same type of comments on BobcatNation about Griz fans. This stuff never ends. There is no difference in the two fanbases. I guess it just gives a chance for people that post on the message boards an opportunity to feel good. Merry Christmas and may 2022 bring you all a better season!

bigsky33 said:
This thread is funny. If the whole thing was reversed and the Griz were in the chipper, there would be the same type of comments on BobcatNation about Griz fans.

Duh. They copy everything we do.

CDAGRIZ said:
I will never root for the Bobcats, and could not care less about how many Montany Boyz are on their roster. [#]f### them and their NorDakker coach. I hope they lose by 70, but the only problem with that is it would mean the Bizon win. So, I guess I just hope everyone involved gets pinkeye.
I didn't cheer for the Unabomber, true not a born and bred Montana boy, he was a transfer portal drop down from Cal/Berkley.
I didn't cheer for William Stanton and the Montana Freemen even though they played their home games at Circle K/Lucky Lil's/ Justus Township Stadium just outside of Jordan.
And I won't be cheering for the Cats just because they occupy the other half of the state like bad renters in a nice duplex.

never (adverb)
nev·​er | \ ˈne-vər \
Definition of never
1: not ever : at no time
I never met her
2: not in any degree : not under any condition

3-7-77 said:
never (adverb)
nev·​er | \ ˈne-vər \
Definition of never
1: not ever : at no time
I never met her
2: not in any degree : not under any condition

^^^^^ And, I will be cheering when they are embarrassed!

SaskGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I will never root for the Bobcats, and could not care less about how many Montany Boyz are on their roster. [#]f### them and their NorDakker coach. I hope they lose by 70, but the only problem with that is it would mean the Bizon win. So, I guess I just hope everyone involved gets pinkeye.
I didn't cheer for the Unabomber, true not a born and bred Montana boy, he was a transfer portal drop down from Cal/Berkley.
I didn't cheer for William Stanton and the Montana Freemen even though they played their home games at Circle K/Lucky Lil's/ Justus Township Stadium just outside of Jordan.
And I won't be cheering for the Cats just because they occupy the other half of the state like bad renters in a nice duplex.

:lol:
I should clarify that I don’t wish bad will upon the Montana Boys themselves. I can see how it could be read differently. Pinkeye for the fans, though, that’s still on the table. I’m sure they understand.

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:

:lol:
I should clarify that I don’t wish bad will upon the Montana Boys themselves. I can see how it could be read differently. Pinkeye for the fans, though, that’s still on the table. I’m sure they understand.
Classless.

CDAGRIZ said:

Remember, the cats fly a championship flag for a 0-0 tie🤦🏻‍♂️

Proud Griz Man said:
rocklobster said:
Look, we all know how unbearable Cat fans can be, but NDSU fans are the worst. They are the elitist of the elite. We’ve seen their posts here, and nothing makes me sicker. To pick NDSU over these kids from Montana doesn’t make sense to me. I hate the Cats as much as anyone, but to see the Cats upset NDSU would be great for the state of Montana,
;)

Disagree. I had friends play for the Cats, and friends play for the Griz. I respected both programs. I cheered for the 1984 Cats to win the Chipper. As the clock was winding down towards zero the 1984 cat fans started their obsessive hatred "poooor Grizzlies" and ESGGCG chants. Thus I have NOT cheered for them since. A Griz player's mother once told me she was going to make her first trip to Gallatin County to watch the rivalry football game and I warned her that she would get spit on and cursed at (and it happened). They are out-of-control. :bs:

That’s weird. I was there in ‘84 as a sophomore and none of that happened. We only cheered Poooooorgrizzlies when we beat you at Dornblaser sealing your 0-7 conference record. ;) We honestly didn’t give a rip about the Griz in 84 when we won our third National Championship.

I also lived in Missoula for many years after graduating and most Griz fans there were awesome towards us Missoula Bobcats but there are a bunch who are horrible and rude. Every fan base has both.

bigsky33 said:
This thread is funny. If the whole thing was reversed and the Griz were in the chipper, there would be the same type of comments on BobcatNation about Griz fans. This stuff never ends. There is no difference in the two fanbases. I guess it just gives a chance for people that post on the message boards an opportunity to feel good. Merry Christmas and may 2022 bring you all a better season!

The CONSTANT ESGGCG chant. That's the difference. End of discussion.

Back