• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sam Vidlak, Class of 2021 QB Commits! (Enters 2022 Portal)

Griz Addict said:
Every qb wants to be a starter. One thing I like a lot Brown, is that he is a team guy. I think he will finish his career here regardless of what happens. He's a griz through and through. Can't say that about any of the other qbs.

I'd give the kid props for hanging in and all the loyalty after all that has happened. Though I'm not honestly sure he's stil with the team because of the quality of what he brings to the party.

There was another kid on this team named Brown, Alonzo Brown. He left after his RS soph season. I'm guessing it may not have been of his own choosing, since he'd stuck out three of Hauck's winter conditioning wonderlands, three springs and falls. Never saw the field in the three years. I get that there are many kids like this, who are playing because they love somethng other than the attention and adoration that might come with being a college football player. Hoping for a chance to put their wares out on the field. But this is a business, and sometimes sacrificing everything they do won't be good enough to be a worthy contributor.

My guess is that Kris Brown is still here, because the coaches decided there wasn't someone else on the roster that was a better option, in three of the five seaons he's been here. To me, that's a sad commentary on a lot of levels.

HookedonGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
Do any of you remember Matt Robinson, a Stitt recruit who bailed when he didn't get re-upped? A real get, 2 Star rating, very mobile and a strong passer.

He just finished up at Fresno State, his second team. After pulling out of his Montana commitment he waited until the summer and finally caught on with the new coach at Illinois, who was scrambling to fill out a roster.

He played all of fourteen games there, none in his final year when Bielema took over and none in what looks like his final year of eligibility with Fresno State.

Half of the kids who hit the portal never play another down. I wonder how many of them who do catch on with another team, never play another meaningful down. Do you suppose they ever regret those choices? Particularly the QB's

I remember him and that we were all pretty excited about him did he do anything at Fresno State

Didn't see the field. But at least he was finally close to home. I'd bet that counted for something.

Sam's high school coach comments on him:

https://oregonstate.rivals.com/news/hidden-valley-hc-james-powers-on-sam-vidlak-he-has-a-cannon-

Back