• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sam Vidlak, Class of 2021 QB Commits! (Enters 2022 Portal)

wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:
Called it! Turns out it was only 1 year though. :D

Wait, he went from OSU to BSU and now transferring again?
Apparently. I’m assuming since he already used up his free transfer, he’d have to sit a year at another FBS or drop down.

wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:
Called it! Turns out it was only 1 year though. :D

Been reading up on him, sounds like he impressed at both schools and was #2 at both. Not sure why he keeps transferring

Hurdlingriz said:
wbtfg said:

Been reading up on him, sounds like he impressed at both schools and was #2 at both. Not sure why he keeps transferring

Coaches didn't recognize his greatness and keep playing others instead. Headcase perhaps?

bgbigdog said:
Hurdlingriz said:

Coaches didn't recognize his greatness and keep playing others instead. Headcase perhaps?

Not sure on that, seems odd that he surpassed expectations at OSU, left. Boise fans were really excited about him as the future, played in 4 games, left. He's married, maybe his wife wants to see the mountains? Lol

Hurdlingriz said:
bgbigdog said:

Not sure on that, seems odd that he surpassed expectations at OSU, left. Boise fans were really excited about him as the future, played in 4 games, left. He's married, maybe his wife wants to see the mountains? Lol
Taylen Green, the starter at Boise, is just a freshman. Barring injury, likely not much playing time for him in the future.

GoldStandardGriz said:
Hurdlingriz said:
Taylen Green, the starter at Boise, is just a freshman. Barring injury, likely not much playing time for him in the future.

Maybe having him right behind him gave him pause about his future, I dunno. He can come to Montana, ill have few complaints unless grabbing him makes Huot leave

Do any of you remember Matt Robinson, a Stitt recruit who bailed when he didn't get re-upped? A real get, 2 Star rating, very mobile and a strong passer.

He just finished up at Fresno State, his second team. After pulling out of his Montana commitment he waited until the summer and finally caught on with the new coach at Illinois, who was scrambling to fill out a roster.

He played all of fourteen games there, none in his final year when Bielema took over and none in what looks like his final year of eligibility with Fresno State.

Half of the kids who hit the portal never play another down. I wonder how many of them who do catch on with another team, never play another meaningful down. Do you suppose they ever regret those choices? Particularly the QB's?

bgbigdog said:
Do any of you remember Matt Robinson, a Stitt recruit who bailed when he didn't get re-upped? A real get, 2 Star rating, very mobile and a strong passer.

He just finished up at Fresno State, his second team. After pulling out of his Montana commitment he waited until the summer and finally caught on with the new coach at Illinois, who was scrambling to fill out a roster.

He played all of fourteen games there, none in his final year when Bielema took over and none in what looks like his final year of eligibility with Fresno State.

Half of the kids who hit the portal never play another down. I wonder how many of them who do catch on with another team, never play another meaningful down. Do you suppose they ever regret those choices? Particularly the QB's

I remember him and that we were all pretty excited about him did he do anything at Fresno State

HookedonGriz said:
bgbigdog said:

Half of the kids who hit the portal never play another down. I wonder how many of them who do catch on with another team, never play another meaningful down. Do you suppose they ever regret those choices? Particularly the QB's

I remember him and that we were all pretty excited about him did he do anything at Fresno State
Didn't throw a single pass for Fresno. Then again, he's originally from CA, so maybe that doesn't really bother him, I dunno.

bgbigdog said:

Great post, commentary and the provided thoughts!

Every qb wants to be a starter. One thing I like a lot Brown, is that he is a team guy. I think he will finish his career here regardless of what happens. He's a griz through and through. Can't say that about any of the other qbs.

Back