• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sam Vidlak, Class of 2021 QB Commits! (Enters 2022 Portal)

GrizLawGrad said:
juggriz said:
Oregon 3A is a terrible division with really small schools, there are 5 divisions in OR., this school had to drop down in order to win. Kid might be fine but don't fall in love with the stats, everyone has stats when playing against Sisters of the Blind..

I hate this argument. It's 2021, not 1991. There is readily available video on almost every kid out there these days. Nobody scouts box scores anymore. Or at least there is no reason that they should be.

It’s a bad argument for this kid too that he played in a lower division. This kid can absolutely sling it. Has arm strength and accuracy. Also has some mobility to keep plays alive with eyes always looking down field. Not a true dual threat but he can keep plays alive. Only knock is a smaller frame. Went to Montana and OSU high school camps and was the best QB. Did well at OSU especially in their spring game when he should have been at prom. I think he can play if given the chance.

Considering multiple offers have already said no and signed elsewhere they must be dropping way down their offer board so might make him as good as it could get despite not being an upper class transfer...that is if he would even want to come

Ursus1 said:
Considering multiple offers have already said no and signed elsewhere they must be dropping way down their offer board so might make him as good as it could get despite not being an upper class transfer...that is if he would even want to come

If we don’t get someone in, there could be trouble in River City. In my opinion.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:

If we don’t get someone in, there could be trouble in River City. In my opinion.

Personally I’ve seen enough. The Griz will be lucky to win 2 games next season. Book mark this.

Ursus1 said:
Your panicking. 2 guys have said no. There’s multiple other guys still out there. McElvain wouldn’t have even been that good of a pickup.

Ursus1 said:

Thanks for your opinion Eeyore.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Personally I’ve seen enough. The Griz will be lucky to win 2 games next season. Book mark this.

I got us with least 7 or 8 wins just us direct snapping to Knight and Harris.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I have recently read that during the pandemic, bookmark sales have increased 335%. :poke:

Not intended as a dig. Griz coaches would never have put Anderson at QB, probably not Mellot either. Good moves by Cat coaches.

GrizSteve said:
Not intended as a dig. Griz coaches would never have put Anderson at QB, probably not Mellot either. Good moves by Cat coaches.

Andersen was more necessity than anything and it didn't work terribly. But obviously not where we wanted to have him.

I don't understand the take on Mellott though. Why would the Gatorade POY who had asinine numbers playing QB in high school not get a shot at playing QB for the gris? That seems wild to me.

ilovethecats said:
GrizSteve said:
If we were the Cats, we'd put Bergen in at QB

And if you won the National Championship or even made it there you'd probably be just fine with that.... :eek:
We were there 7 times and never did anything crazy like that.

HookedonGriz said:
Committed to Boise St. Was holding out hope he’d be a Griz
Bummer, of all the potential QB transfers, I really hoped we would sign Vidlak. Seems like FBS was very important to him.

ilovethecats said:
GrizSteve said:

Andersen was more necessity than anything and it didn't work terribly. But obviously not where we wanted to have him.

I don't understand the take on Mellott though. Why would the Gatorade POY who had asinine numbers playing QB in high school not get a shot at playing QB for the gris? That seems wild to me.

I don’t get it either, cats. But some things aren’t meant to be “got”, I guess.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:

I don’t get it either, cats. But some things aren’t meant to be “got”, I guess.

I know for a fact that Choate saw him as a great athlete and not necessarily a starting FCS QB.

Latest posts

Back