• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sentinel is adding a game changer..

granitegriz said:
High schools cannot recruit in Montana, simple rule. This is not Chicago. If any of you have a problem with the coach or governing association, please set up an appointment with them and discuss like reasonable people. Or buck up some some money so Sentinel can obtain an attorney and appeal this grave injustice. Thanks for setting us all hillbillies straight garizzlies!!!

Has anyone actually said what Sentinel did that constituted "recruitment" in this case? I haven't seen any description of the facts, other than Sentinel got hit with the $100 fine which suggests to me this wasn't significant. Rather than assuming I'm curious to hear the underlying fact pattern.

I think the Missoula high schools still have the open enrollment policy, subject to the school having room.

Where is this change of policy thing coming from? I googled quickly and saw nothing.

Article on issue at www.flintcreekcourier.com. Jaxson Lee denies that Sentinel did any recruiting, but MHSA Board made a finding otherwise. PR, you lost me, what are you referring to?

granitegriz said:
Article on issue at www.flintcreekcourier.com. Jaxson Lee denies that Sentinel did any recruiting, but MHSA Board made a finding otherwise. PR, you lost me, what are you referring to?

In Missoula, you can go to any high school you want, regardless of what "district" you live in, providing the high school you want to go to that isn't in your "district" is not at capacity.

When I was in high school, you could enroll in any one you wanted, but if you went "out of district" (i.e. to Hellgate instead of Big Sky), you had to pay $1,000. I believe if you were in sports, you couldn't compete for the school for 90 days. I could be wrong though.

"Upon learning that Sentinel was being fined for the violation, Lee made the following statement to the Flint Creek Courier via Facebook Private Messenger:
“I had no clue about this until very recently. I strongly disagree with the decision because in no way did Sentinel recruit me. I transferred for my own reasons which haven’t changed since day one and in no way did (the) Sentinel Administration or staff promote my decision for coming to Missoula. I’m here for academic and social experiences that I decided to do on my own.” ~ Jaxon Lee

"The MHSA indicated that Granite High School in Philipsburg had filed the protest. Philipsburg Schools Superintendent and Flint Creek Head Coach Mike Cutler did not comment on the finding.
Mark Beckham, Executive Director of the MHSA, told 406MtSports.com that the $100 fine was the lightest level of reprimand the school could receive. The next level would be a $200 fine followed by a possible probation."

granitegriz said:

Wait a minute, granite griz! So are you saying the kid was lying and there was an actual recruiting violation? If there was recruiting going on, wouldn't someone be forfeiting a season or something along those lines? Maybe it was just to shut the bitch up in Pburg!? A waste of time for everyone!

I am not saying anyone is lying. MHSA made the finding. Time to put this in the past and move on. Best of luck to Jaxson Lee, hope he is a Griz WR one day soon!

granitegriz said:
I am not saying anyone is lying. MHSA made the finding. Time to put this in the past and move on. Best of luck to Jaxson Lee, hope he is a Griz WR one day soon!

Granitegriz, it's really hard to put all this behind when everyone, including u keeps making accusations. If people were allowed to find out the truth this WOULD all go away. I apologized to u earlier and I was reading the wrong post. I thought it was u talking but in reality it was grizzalies. My bad for apologizing. So it does seem like u are protecting the Titan Fiefdom!

PlayerRep said:
$100 fine. What a joke. That's a big deterrent. Ha.
It is a joke especially considering the impact on a minor. And now I got the full story.
There are still people speculating all over about this kid and he did nothing wrong. The MHSA was all hush-hush about this whole ordeal but by half-assing the confidentiality and not even letting him know, let alone allowing him to defend himself, they made it horrible on this kid. Worst of all, by not explaining the $100 “violation,” the speculation continues to haunt him. The “recruit” could have a target on him. It’s bullshit.

Well here’s the TRUTH: the violation was giving a tour on a Sunday. The family called Sentinel FIRST for a tour of the school and facility. This was after they rented a place in MSLA and in the Sentinel district. So, it’s just like the kid said: he wasn’t “recruited.” He transfered for social and academic reasons, and they reached out to the school first. If any other student transfered like this it’s no “violation,” but it is just because he happens to be good at football?

So why the “violation” and why not explain it? Well that’s the real story here—and nobody is telling it. I was told the P-burg coach called the MSHA everyday! WTF? Was he stalking him? How would he even know about a weekend visit? Am I the only one creeped out by a superintendent stalking a minor?

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
$100 fine. What a joke. That's a big deterrent. Ha.
It is a joke especially considering the impact on a minor. And now I got the full story.
There are still people speculating all over about this kid and he did nothing wrong. The MHSA was all hush-hush about this whole ordeal but by half-assing the confidentiality and not even letting him know, let alone allowing him to defend himself, they made it horrible on this kid. Worst of all, by not explaining the $100 “violation,” the speculation continues to haunt him. The “recruit” could have a target on him. It’s bullshit.

Well here’s the TRUTH: the violation was giving a tour on a Sunday. The family called Sentinel FIRST for a tour of the school and facility. This was after they rented a place in MSLA and in the Sentinel district. So, it’s just like the kid said: he wasn’t “recruited.” He transfered for social and academic reasons, and they reached out to the school first. If any other student transfered like this it’s no “violation,” but it is just because he happens to be good at football?

So why the “violation” and why not explain it? Well that’s the real story here—and nobody is telling it. I was told the P-burg coach called the MSHA everyday! WTF? Was he stalking him? How would he even know about a weekend visit? Am I the only one creeped out by a superintendent stalking a minor?
Garriz, if what you say is true, it is a damning indictment of Cutler and the School Board.
MCPS should get together with the MHSA and demand the truth. Cutler needs to be investigated, thoroughly. Something is very wrong here. Abuse of his positions, definitely. Where has the School Board been on this matter. By performing as they have, for the past twenty years, they have created this problem, and probably many others.

Kind of funny when everyone was speculating about sentinels "recruiting violations", and now that the truth is out this is all boring stuff. How sad. I agree, grizzalies, this does put a black cloud on the kid. And sentinel for that matter!

Back