• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Good Basketball Going On ...

LivingstonNative said:
ID,
This game is for the basketball purest, like yourself. Some local radio jock, said the ratings would be down for this game because Zion was not playing. I could give a rats A$$!
For some (actually, a lot of) people, it's all about the stars -- an attitude fueled by the NBA. But basketball was designed to be a team game, and it's best when it's played that way. 'Nuf said.

IdaGriz01 said:
LivingstonNative said:
ID,
This game is for the basketball purest, like yourself. Some local radio jock, said the ratings would be down for this game because Zion was not playing. I could give a rats A$$!
For some (actually, a lot of) people, it's all about the stars -- an attitude fueled by the NBA. But basketball was designed to be a team game, and it's best when it's played that way. 'Nuf said.
Well said :thumb:

LivingstonNative said:
We have OT. One hell of a game!
Haven't been to a sports book in so long, I can't remember. On the over/under do the books make a distinction between regulation and OT? (Doesn't matter in this case since they went over in regular time, but I'm curious.)

If I had to summarize this game in one word it would be discipline. That discipline was executed on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Kudos to both teams, the players and the coaching staff.

IdaGriz01 said:
LivingstonNative said:
Haven't been to a sports book in so long, I can't remember. On the over/under do the books make a distinction between regulation and OT? (Doesn't matter in this case since they went over in regular time, but I'm curious.)

I’m not a big gambler. I would think the score is the score whether it goes into overtime or not.
My middle name is Murphy :D had I actually bet on this game for the over the score probably would never have happened. :lol: Maybe next year l will bet.

LivingstonNative said:
IdaGriz01 said:
LivingstonNative said:

I’m not a big gambler. I would think the score is the score whether it goes into overtime or not.
My middle name is Murphy :D had I actually bet on this game for the over the score probably would never have happened. :lol: Maybe next year l will bet.

The answer to his question is no, they don’t differentiate.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Agreed. It was clearly a foul. Just like it was clearly a kicked ball and clearly a double dribble. Then in the 2nd game the refs missed 4-5 plainly obvious traveling calls on Michigan State, including a couple that happened in the last couple of critical minutes. It’s strange...it’s like the refs are becoming spectators as the game winds down...

When was the kicked ball?

He kicked the ball, then picked it up with both hands and started dribbling again. One happened right after the other.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Agreed. It was clearly a foul. Just like it was clearly a kicked ball and clearly a double dribble. Then in the 2nd game the refs missed 4-5 plainly obvious traveling calls on Michigan State, including a couple that happened in the last couple of critical minutes. It’s strange...it’s like the refs are becoming spectators as the game winds down...

He kicked the ball, then picked it up with both hands and started dribbling again. One happened right after the other.

It is only a kicked ball if it was intentional, that was not a kicked ball by rule.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:

It is only a kicked ball if it was intentional, that was not a kicked ball by rule.

Was it a double dribble by rule? :D :D

Back