• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Football

indian-outlaw said:
ilovethecats said:
I’m a regular joe and not too worried about losing my freedom. Do people really let politics dictate their lives like that?!

I was told 12 years ago life was about to be awful. Their taking our guns. Our president isn’t a citizen. Yada yada.

I was told 4 years ago from the “other half” that life was about to be awful. Trump would ruin the country. We would have nuclear war with North Korea. Yada yada.

Today I’m reading comments from the “first half” of people from 12 years ago saying all the same things they did before Obama was president.

I gotta be honest. Politics haven’t changed my life in anyway, good or bad to my recollection. Obviously personally I’ve had ups and downs. But I just can’t wrap my mind around how SOME people let politics and politicians consume them. Get out and enjoy life. Worry about things you can control. I have yet to see things become as bad as the “other” side said they’d be as long as I can remember?
Having your head in the sand doesn't mean your life hasn't been affected by politics. Your government just gave away over $6 trillion of our taxes to the wealthiest multinational companies and bankers in this country. Our country is being fleeced by our companies and politicians. If you don't think that is impacting your life you are just ignorant.
I don’t consider myself ignorant, nor having my head in the sand.

Can I assume when the government just gave 6 trillion dollars away it was the first time it’s ever happened and will impact me greatly? Or has the government wasted money and gave it to wealthy companies 5 years ago, 15 years ago, 30 years ago, 50 years ago and beyond?

My life is great. Hope that frivolous spending by the government that just happened for the first time ever doesn’t make me lose my wife, kids, family, friends, home and job. That would greatly impact me and I’d have to take my head out of the sand for some fresh air and perspective.

MTGRZ said:
ilovethecats said:
I’m a regular joe and not too worried about losing my freedom. Do people really let politics dictate their lives like that?!

I was told 12 years ago life was about to be awful. Their taking our guns. Our president isn’t a citizen. Yada yada.

I was told 4 years ago from the “other half” that life was about to be awful. Trump would ruin the country. We would have nuclear war with North Korea. Yada yada.

Today I’m reading comments from the “first half” of people from 12 years ago saying all the same things they did before Obama was president.

I gotta be honest. Politics haven’t changed my life in anyway, good or bad to my recollection. Obviously personally I’ve had ups and downs. But I just can’t wrap my mind around how SOME people let politics and politicians consume them. Get out and enjoy life. Worry about things you can control. I have yet to see things become as bad as the “other” side said they’d be as long as I can remember?

I agree with your sentiment. Politics is about our lives, but our lives are not about politics. At least they shouldn't be (unless you are a devoted politician, but realistically that is a small minority of the population). Be kind to others and yourself, do your best to reach your goals; take time to enjoy where you came from, where you are, and where you want to be without forgetting It's about the journey, not the destination.
Exactly. I’m only in my early 40’s so maybe I’m just paying more attention now; but I just don’t recall such a large number of regular people being SO fixated on politics. Of course we need to pay attention as we don’t want to give government free reign to do whatever they feel like. But man! I worry about some people genuinely. Step back, take a deep breath, and enjoy life a little!

Pretend you live PR’s life and smell the roses! ;)

ilovethecats said:
indian-outlaw said:
Having your head in the sand doesn't mean your life hasn't been affected by politics. Your government just gave away over $6 trillion of our taxes to the wealthiest multinational companies and bankers in this country. Our country is being fleeced by our companies and politicians. If you don't think that is impacting your life you are just ignorant.

Can I assume when the government just gave 6 trillion dollars away it was the first time it’s ever happened and will impact me greatly? Or has the government wasted money and gave it to wealthy companies 5 years ago, 15 years ago, 30 years ago, 50 years ago and beyond?

My life is great. Hope that frivolous spending by the government that just happened for the first time ever doesn’t make me lose my wife, kids, family, friends, home and job. That would greatly impact me and I’d have to take my head out of the sand for some fresh air and perspective.

Do you think the reduction of tax rates, which allows companies or people to keep more of the money that they earned (and not have the government take it), is "giving money to wealthy companies"? It is the governments money to give.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Do you think the reduction of tax rates, which allows companies or people to keep more of the money that they earned (and not have the government take it), is "giving money to wealthy companies"? It is the governments money to give.
I don’t, no.

Back