• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Football

kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
Watch them do that and then the idiot “health” officials still don’t allow fans! You guys would lose your minds!

My biggest fear as it relates to MSU is even after nearly 2 years, and a vaccine, fans still won’t be allowed. Because you know, “safety”. :roll:
No need to be so pessimistic; we have a new governor not bound to following the dem talking points.

Praying you’re right! Though from what I’ve seen, for whatever reason, health officers seem to have more power than governors as it relates to virus protocol. That makes me both nervous AND pessimistic....

As I understand it, once employers are protected from lawsuits, the masks are gone. GG still leaves it up to county health depts to decide on events and numbers. That pretty much assures the left wing overreach will continue in Missoula County. What's past is prologue. Their animus toward Grizzlies Football is predictable. GG, and the Legislature, need to put an end to this shit NOW and not wait til football season arrives. Disembowel the county people from interference with Grizzlies sports attendance.

tourist said:
As I understand it, once employers are protected from lawsuits, the masks are gone. GG still leaves it up to county health depts to decide on events and numbers. That pretty much assures the left wing overreach will continue in Missoula County. What's past is prologue. Their animus toward Grizzlies Football is predictable. GG, and the Legislature, need to put an end to this shit NOW and not wait til football season arrives. Disembowel the county people from interference with Grizzlies sports attendance.

The most vulnerable also need to get their shots, before the mask mandate goes away. That will take some time.

I assume that state law gives counties, and their health departments, the authority to have more specific health rules.

I pretty much agree with you on how the Missoula county health department views athletics in general. However, I don't see the county health department being able to stand in the way of reasonable UM athletic desires. UM athletics is too important and strong to get treated poorly. Legion baseball and kids soccer tournaments, not so much.

dayday said:
If Eastern, Idaho and Weber play this spring are us fans on here going to lose it?
Starting today, we have more important things to be concerned about.

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:
No need to be so pessimistic; we have a new governor not bound to following the dem talking points.

Praying you’re right! Though from what I’ve seen, for whatever reason, health officers seem to have more power than governors as it relates to virus protocol. That makes me both nervous AND pessimistic....

God forbid that we listen to health officers you know , those folks that know something about health and communication of disease.

maroonandsilver said:
ilovethecats said:

God forbid that we listen to health officers you know , those folks that know something about health and communication of disease.

Hey, I'm no expert. You could be totally right! It's possible that closing businesses and schools was the EXACT right call. It's possible that going to in-person school four days a week but certainly not five days will be proven as a deciding blow in the fight against the virus. It's very possible that the virus isn't spreading in bars and restaurants from 8am to 10pm...but any time after 10pm is FAR too dangerous. And who knows, it could be proven that even limited fans in Bozeman and Missoula Montana are WAY too dangerous, despite other colleges and pro teams somehow managing to do it. You could be 1000% correct in all that.

I just don't agree. I'd have to see some credible evidence that a few thousand fans scattered throughout our outdoor stadiums is far more dangerous than the thousands coming and going from Wal-Mart and Costco every day. :idea:

maroonandsilver said:
ilovethecats said:

They have been so consistent and credible, never contradicting themselves. Agree.

kemajic said:
dayday said:
If Eastern, Idaho and Weber play this spring are us fans on here going to lose it?

That's no shit. Better fill your tank. Fuel prices are about to jump to $4 a gallon.

kemajic said:
dayday said:

When I first read this I was thinking...crap what did I miss?!?

Then it hit me... :lol:

kemajic said:
dayday said:

Hey kemajic you and I are often on the opposite side of a lot of the discussions here but I am in 100% agreement on this.

SloStang said:
kemajic said:

Hey kemajic you and I are often on the opposite side of a lot of the discussions here but I am in 100% agreement on this.

If just today you have more important things to worry about, that may be a problem.... ;)

ilovethecats said:
SloStang said:

If just today you have more important things to worry about, that may be a problem.... ;)

Knock on wood, but I don't have single thing to worry about today.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Knock on wood, but I don't have single thing to worry about today.

I’m not far behind you PR! Though I do have a new driver in my 15 year old daughter that’s on my mind!

Life is good. People are good. It’s far from doom and gloom!

PR, you are well off, diversified I assume. It's the average 'Joe' who is about to experience a real depression and loss of freedom.

A couple weeks ago I asked my mom what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. She told me she did not want a cake or any gifts, that the inauguration was the greatest gift she could receive on her 90th birthday. She a big fan of democracy and the Griz.

iloveferalcats, I too will soon have a new driver. The TaylorMade is somewhere between Sandy, UT and my golf bag.

Latest posts

Back