• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Summer 2022 Transfers (8)

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
The word is out; corner prospects want to play for Ronnie Bradford. We may be getting the cream of the crops.

Conversely, what’s the word on playing for Germer?

According to eGriz it’s shit. Have we heard much from the people that have actually played for him?

Paytonlives said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Colter is reporting that we’ve brought in Oregon transfer QB AJ Abbott

link

Colter posted an article that talks about all the transfers that bobby has brought in in the years past and then mentions they learned of another new power 5 QB but gives no names. Then it talks about all that stuff again. Pete and re-Pete.

alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:

Colter posted an article that talks about all the transfers that bobby has brought in in the years past and then mentions they learned of another new power 5 QB but gives no names. Then it talks about all that stuff again. Pete and re-Pete.
I never see Colter posting an article or even a link, just his lazy tweets.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-AJ-Abbott-188952171/

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-AJ-Abbott-188952171/

I post the link to the tweet because then it has a visual Element that this archaic website does not otherwise display.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-continue-fortifying-roster-with-more-power-5-transfers/

If you’re getting the repeat, it’s because you haven’t subscribed. Cue the bitching about that too.

Since one of you will undoubtedly just paste the article, I made it free. And I’ll just do it for you. Because I’m so lazy.

Friday, Skyline Sports confirmed Montana’s addition of another quarterback with Power 5 pedigree along with three other transfers from the top level of Division I.

Monday, Skyline Sports confirmed directly with former Oregon quarterback A.J. Abbott that he has verbally committed his intent to transfer to Montana. The Statford High School product out of Houston, Texas gave his commitment a few weeks ago but has not arrived on campus yet for summer team activities.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder broke many of Andrew Luck’s records in high school, including throwing a program-best 24 touchdowns as a senior. He had multiple Division I offers before walking on at Oregon in May of 2021.

In June of this year, he entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, although he remains on Oregon’s official roster.

As a senior at Stratford High, Abbott earned first-team 6A All-District 17 honors, throwing for 1,906 yards to go with 24 touchdowns and just three interceptions in 2020. His 24 touchdown throws broke Andrew Luck’s single-season record. Luck went on to become an All-American at Stanford and the No. 1 overall selection in the NFL Draft.

Abbott has four years of eligibility remaining. As of Monday, he had not participated in team workouts. Montana’s coaching staff is on vacation with fall camp less than a month away.

Abbott joins a quarterback room that will have a new opening-day starter. Cam Humphrey started 10 games as a sixth-year senior last year for Montana. The former Boise State and Saddleback Community College transfer threw for 3,265 yards and 29 touchdowns between 2018 and last season.

Humphrey missed a month during the regular season with an injury. Kris Brown, a Bozeman product who is now a redshirt sophomore, took over as the starter. He also played part of Montana’s 28-6 playoff loss to James Madison when Humphrey was knocked out of the game with an injury.

In the off-season, Montana brought in Lucas Johnson from San Diego State as a graduate transfer. He went 8-1 at SDSU as a starter last season, throwing for 1,424 yards and 12 touchdowns. The roster also includes Daniel Britt, a redshirt freshman out of Las Vegas.

Redshirt freshman Wyatt Wegener, a walk-on linebacker at Iowa, announced earlier this month that he is transferring to Montana. Similarly, senior kicker Nick Ramos, formerly of Cal and Princeton, has changed his Twitter bio to indicate he now plays for the Griz.

Friday, Skyline Sports also confirmed senior lineman Chris Walker, formerly of Nebraska, intends to graduate transfer to Montana. He will not officially be a part of the Griz until fall camp begins and he starts classes. The school cannot officially announce Walker and other graduate transfers until they attend class on the UM campus because they are still eligible to transfer to another school until they are officially enrolled and attending school.

Most of the recruiting action received by Wegener coming out of Algona, Iowa, in the Class of 2020 focused on the then 6-foot-2, 190-pounder as a wide receiver. As a senior, he rushed for more than 1,400 yards and had 708 more receiving yards. After walking on to the Hawkeyes, Wegener transitioned to linebacker. He redshirted during the abbreviated 2020 season and did not see the field in 2021.

Ramos recorded the first perfect PAT kicking season at Princeton since 1964 during his freshman season in 2018. That year, Ramos nailed all 56 of his extra points. He also made seven of his nine field goal attempts with a long of 37 yards.

Ramos did not record any statistics during the 2019, 2020 and 2021 seasons at Cal. He is listed among Cal’s seniors during their final home game against USC in November of 2021.

Walker is a 6-foot-6, 295-pounder who played offensive and defensive line at Nebraska. He is projected to play on the offensive line at tackle, book-ending sophomore Brandon Casey with Forbes at center, former Washington State transfer Hunter Mayginnes at one of the guard spots and Liam Brown at the other.

Walker was a prized recruit coming out of Lincoln East High. He was a super-state pick by the Lincoln Journal Star and an All-Nebraska pick by the Omaha World Herald. The former 3-star prospect initially committed to Wyoming before deciding to stay home to play for his hometown Huskers.

The hulking physical specimen is known for his prowess in the weight room, according to a source with deep knowledge of the Nebraska program. But he had a hard time finding a position or a spot in the rotation along either line.

“He’s basically been an assistant strength coach the past few years,” the source said. “He’s an absolute freak and so strong, but he never got on the field. You’d look at him and say, ‘Oh, that’s an NFL guy or a WWF wrestler.'”

Neither Walker nor Montana has officially announced his transfer, but Walker has appeared in several social media posts from the Griz football team.

Walker redshirted as an offensive lineman in 2017 before appearing in two games as a reserve defensive lineman in 2018 for Nebraska. He had his 2019 season ended by an injury. He played in two games in 2020 and four games in 2021. He also was on Nebraska’s scholar-athlete honor roll twice and received multiple citizenship awards.

UPDATED:
Junior college cornerback Andrew Travillion announced his commitment to Montana on Monday. Travillion comes to UM from San Diego Mesa College. He is a 6-foot, 190-pounder with three years of eligibility remaining.

Talked all about the transfers to lead both hours of the ESPN show yesterday

https://open.spotify.com/episode/72ASj751TaP43jSfOR9f2E?si=Z2YkQoP0TVCriKM5m_vy6A

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7CBcmAFpec9noR2j7aSbMB?si=zrDd2pxQQBWHT-Qx8wQi6A

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Colter is reporting that we’ve brought in Oregon transfer QB AJ Abbott

This was also discussed on the egriz side about a week ago. Had heard the same. Looks like a good prospect!

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://twitter.com/skylinesportsmt/status/1549404372458766341?s=21&t=D03fzAoca-WxRvTzjsxwKA

Thanks for the solid info and work to get the details. I know many here appreciate it greatly. Keep up the good work

Colter_Nuanez56 said:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/72ASj751TaP43jSfOR9f2E?si=Z2YkQoP0TVCriKM5m_vy6A

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7CBcmAFpec9noR2j7aSbMB?si=zrDd2pxQQBWHT-Qx8wQi6A

Colter thanks for all you do and the work you put into your job! Just wanted to let you know you are appreciated and I think many would agree! :thumb:

Colter_Nuanez56 said:

Thanks Colter and great work. Love the work you do for reporting info about the Griz. I know I used to complain about having to pay for some of it but I’ve been over that for a while. I get you gotta make a living. Plus, like you said, someone will eventually mention it on here😁. One question though. When you gonna ask Hauck when he plans on firing Germer? Jus kidden. I’d expect Hauck to never talk to you again if you asked that😂.

Interesting that Walker was originally offered by the Griz in 2017:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/chris-walker-14288

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
kemajic said:

I post the link to the tweet because then it has a visual Element that this archaic website does not otherwise display.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-continue-fortifying-roster-with-more-power-5-transfers/

If you’re getting the repeat, it’s because you haven’t subscribed. Cue the bitching about that too.

Since one of you will undoubtedly just paste the article, I made it free. And I’ll just do it for you. Because I’m so lazy.

Friday, Skyline Sports confirmed Montana’s addition of another quarterback with Power 5 pedigree along with three other transfers from the top level of Division I.

Monday, Skyline Sports confirmed directly with former Oregon quarterback A.J. Abbott that he has verbally committed his intent to transfer to Montana. The Statford High School product out of Houston, Texas gave his commitment a few weeks ago but has not arrived on campus yet for summer team activities.

The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder broke many of Andrew Luck’s records in high school, including throwing a program-best 24 touchdowns as a senior. He had multiple Division I offers before walking on at Oregon in May of 2021.

In June of this year, he entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, although he remains on Oregon’s official roster.

As a senior at Stratford High, Abbott earned first-team 6A All-District 17 honors, throwing for 1,906 yards to go with 24 touchdowns and just three interceptions in 2020. His 24 touchdown throws broke Andrew Luck’s single-season record. Luck went on to become an All-American at Stanford and the No. 1 overall selection in the NFL Draft.

Abbott has four years of eligibility remaining. As of Monday, he had not participated in team workouts. Montana’s coaching staff is on vacation with fall camp less than a month away.

Abbott joins a quarterback room that will have a new opening-day starter. Cam Humphrey started 10 games as a sixth-year senior last year for Montana. The former Boise State and Saddleback Community College transfer threw for 3,265 yards and 29 touchdowns between 2018 and last season.

Humphrey missed a month during the regular season with an injury. Kris Brown, a Bozeman product who is now a redshirt sophomore, took over as the starter. He also played part of Montana’s 28-6 playoff loss to James Madison when Humphrey was knocked out of the game with an injury.

In the off-season, Montana brought in Lucas Johnson from San Diego State as a graduate transfer. He went 8-1 at SDSU as a starter last season, throwing for 1,424 yards and 12 touchdowns. The roster also includes Daniel Britt, a redshirt freshman out of Las Vegas.

Redshirt freshman Wyatt Wegener, a walk-on linebacker at Iowa, announced earlier this month that he is transferring to Montana. Similarly, senior kicker Nick Ramos, formerly of Cal and Princeton, has changed his Twitter bio to indicate he now plays for the Griz.

Friday, Skyline Sports also confirmed senior lineman Chris Walker, formerly of Nebraska, intends to graduate transfer to Montana. He will not officially be a part of the Griz until fall camp begins and he starts classes. The school cannot officially announce Walker and other graduate transfers until they attend class on the UM campus because they are still eligible to transfer to another school until they are officially enrolled and attending school.

Most of the recruiting action received by Wegener coming out of Algona, Iowa, in the Class of 2020 focused on the then 6-foot-2, 190-pounder as a wide receiver. As a senior, he rushed for more than 1,400 yards and had 708 more receiving yards. After walking on to the Hawkeyes, Wegener transitioned to linebacker. He redshirted during the abbreviated 2020 season and did not see the field in 2021.

Ramos recorded the first perfect PAT kicking season at Princeton since 1964 during his freshman season in 2018. That year, Ramos nailed all 56 of his extra points. He also made seven of his nine field goal attempts with a long of 37 yards.

Ramos did not record any statistics during the 2019, 2020 and 2021 seasons at Cal. He is listed among Cal’s seniors during their final home game against USC in November of 2021.

Walker is a 6-foot-6, 295-pounder who played offensive and defensive line at Nebraska. He is projected to play on the offensive line at tackle, book-ending sophomore Brandon Casey with Forbes at center, former Washington State transfer Hunter Mayginnes at one of the guard spots and Liam Brown at the other.

Walker was a prized recruit coming out of Lincoln East High. He was a super-state pick by the Lincoln Journal Star and an All-Nebraska pick by the Omaha World Herald. The former 3-star prospect initially committed to Wyoming before deciding to stay home to play for his hometown Huskers.

The hulking physical specimen is known for his prowess in the weight room, according to a source with deep knowledge of the Nebraska program. But he had a hard time finding a position or a spot in the rotation along either line.

“He’s basically been an assistant strength coach the past few years,” the source said. “He’s an absolute freak and so strong, but he never got on the field. You’d look at him and say, ‘Oh, that’s an NFL guy or a WWF wrestler.'”

Neither Walker nor Montana has officially announced his transfer, but Walker has appeared in several social media posts from the Griz football team.

Walker redshirted as an offensive lineman in 2017 before appearing in two games as a reserve defensive lineman in 2018 for Nebraska. He had his 2019 season ended by an injury. He played in two games in 2020 and four games in 2021. He also was on Nebraska’s scholar-athlete honor roll twice and received multiple citizenship awards.

UPDATED:
Junior college cornerback Andrew Travillion announced his commitment to Montana on Monday. Travillion comes to UM from San Diego Mesa College. He is a 6-foot, 190-pounder with three years of eligibility remaining.

Colter, I’m sorry that some on this site feel the need to attack you. I love your content and listen to your pod every day! Thank you for producing top notch, accessible and affordable content! To those that gripe (you know who you are), if you’re so inclined and think you can do better then put up or shut up. Otherwise please stop attacking the people who actually improve upon Griz media coverage. Its a privilege to have that kind of content in this division and conference.

Colter, I Appreciate your coverage especially with a tough athletic administration as far as access. You are the only media person that ever gives scoops like these so kudos to you. The others just regurgitate UM press releases.

dayday said:
Colter, I Appreciate your coverage especially with a tough athletic administration as far as access. You are the only media person that ever gives scoops like these so kudos to you. The others just regurgitate UM press releases.

I too want to offer my sincere appreciation :thumb:

dayday said:

I agree 100% Colter is a solid pro

Griz Nation owes Colter Nuanez a huge debt of gratitude especially for those ‘deep state’ years of Bobcat Beat ;).

Keep up the good work Colter!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Colter, I’m sorry that some on this site feel the need to attack you.
Criticizing exclusive use of Twitter on a fan forum is an attack. Got it.

Colter just posted more information in one post than previous totals for months. Many thanks.

kemajic said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Colter, I’m sorry that some on this site feel the need to attack you.
Criticizing exclusive use of Twitter on a fan forum is an attack. Got it.

Colter just posted more information in one post than previous totals for months. Many thanks.

I was just trying to fit in with you guys by being snarky :cool:

Actually, we figured something out in this process - whoever posted about the repeat, thank you! On a premium story, when the post ends and you need to click to subscribe, it's supposed to prompt you. That plug in seems to be broken. So the post just repeated what was already written. That is annoying! We are working on fixing it. In the mean time, enjoy the content.

I produce it so you all will read it. So keep the feedback coming. As you'll notice, we have more non pay wall content than ever as we have some viable and loyal sponsors that we couldn't work without. So keep on reading and listening!

Thanks for the compliments and the feedback. We feel lucky to be living in our hometown covering our alma mater and the rest of the Big Sky. Should be a killer football season!

Latest posts

Back