• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Summer 2022 Transfers (8)

hubcap said:
The issue isn’t Hauck, it’s Germer. Suppose you could blame Hauck as he’s the one who carried over this clown. Germer does NOTHING to develop the younger talent. It isn’t so much that they don’t have any talent, our staff doesn’t work with them. They work with 5 lineman and that is it. I know full well how scout teams work but Germer will pick out his 1-2 favorite young guys and for whatever reason he picks the ones that do not have the most upside. This past season he had a young favorite at Left Tackle get dominated over and over and over. All he could do was tell him to stick with it. He would tear into our defense for embarrassing him. Perhaps he could try and get this young man some coaching so that wouldn’t continue to happen. But he doesn’t. I truly don’t think he knows how to coach mechanics. And if he does, he does a piss poor job of doing it. And maybe that’s part of it, he has almost zero communication skills.

Don’t take my word for anything either. Just count how many OL wash out of the system. It’s crazy how many of our OL just out and out quit. Most can’t take him. They will give the proper answer when asked but they despise this guy. I guarantee that if we were to get a OL coach that players would run through a wall for, and of course, knew how to coach the OL, you would see less and less of this crap that is going on right now. The dude is a cancer.

On a final note, think back to the past few seasons. We are up 30 points in the game and it’s clearly out of hand. The defense has rotated their 2’s and probably some 3’s into the game. Depth really isn’t a question on defense is it??How many 2’s come into the game for the OL? Probably 1-2 at the most. Why not put some 2’s into the game and see where they are at? Maybe give them a taste? They don’t start putting some real substitutions on the line until the last few minutes of the game. I’m not saying let the 2’s protect your starting QB either. He should also be out of the damn game for the same reason to give our backup some real reps. They need to start putting the 2’s in to see what they have and possibly the 3’s. I seriously think they do not right now because they would be ashamed of what they have on the squad. That bothers me because there are young guys on the team with talent but it hasn’t had a chance to develop. Again, that is all on Germer.

I can’t comment on your 1st paragraph cus obviously you have some inside info most of us don’t. As for your 2nd paragraph, your saying Germer is so bad, he completely drains the love of football from these guys? They just don’t quit on the team. They completely quit football. I would think if it was cus of a bad coach, they’d just use the easily accessible transfer portal and find a coach they like. And for the 3rd paragraph, getting to watch from the tv, I see lots of times one lineman will sub out here and there throughout the game and comparing them to the defense isn’t the same. The 2’s on our D play considerably more snaps throughout the game then maybe most teams in the FCS. It’s part of what makes our D so good. They stay fresh and the 2’s get lots of live snaps to improve their quality of play.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
I guess my concern is keeping all those horses healthy....

Says every team with every position group every year.

And how many QB’s and RB’s did we go through last year? Certainly more than most, that’s for sure.

alabamagrizzly said:
hubcap said:
The issue isn’t Hauck, it’s Germer. Suppose you could blame Hauck as he’s the one who carried over this clown. Germer does NOTHING to develop the younger talent. It isn’t so much that they don’t have any talent, our staff doesn’t work with them. They work with 5 lineman and that is it. I know full well how scout teams work but Germer will pick out his 1-2 favorite young guys and for whatever reason he picks the ones that do not have the most upside. This past season he had a young favorite at Left Tackle get dominated over and over and over. All he could do was tell him to stick with it. He would tear into our defense for embarrassing him. Perhaps he could try and get this young man some coaching so that wouldn’t continue to happen. But he doesn’t. I truly don’t think he knows how to coach mechanics. And if he does, he does a piss poor job of doing it. And maybe that’s part of it, he has almost zero communication skills.

Don’t take my word for anything either. Just count how many OL wash out of the system. It’s crazy how many of our OL just out and out quit. Most can’t take him. They will give the proper answer when asked but they despise this guy. I guarantee that if we were to get a OL coach that players would run through a wall for, and of course, knew how to coach the OL, you would see less and less of this crap that is going on right now. The dude is a cancer.

On a final note, think back to the past few seasons. We are up 30 points in the game and it’s clearly out of hand. The defense has rotated their 2’s and probably some 3’s into the game. Depth really isn’t a question on defense is it??How many 2’s come into the game for the OL? Probably 1-2 at the most. Why not put some 2’s into the game and see where they are at? Maybe give them a taste? They don’t start putting some real substitutions on the line until the last few minutes of the game. I’m not saying let the 2’s protect your starting QB either. He should also be out of the damn game for the same reason to give our backup some real reps. They need to start putting the 2’s in to see what they have and possibly the 3’s. I seriously think they do not right now because they would be ashamed of what they have on the squad. That bothers me because there are young guys on the team with talent but it hasn’t had a chance to develop. Again, that is all on Germer.

I can’t comment on your 1st paragraph cus obviously you have some inside info most of us don’t. As for your 2nd paragraph, your saying Germer is so bad, he completely drains the love of football from these guys? They just don’t quit on the team. They completely quit football. I would think if it was cus of a bad coach, they’d just use the easily accessible transfer portal and find a coach they like. And for the 3rd paragraph, getting to watch from the tv, I see lots of times one lineman will sub out here and there throughout the game and comparing them to the defense isn’t the same. The 2’s on our D play considerably more snaps throughout the game then maybe most teams in the FCS. It’s part of what makes our D so good. They stay fresh and the 2’s get lots of live snaps to improve their quality of play.

So why don’t we have that with the O-line then? if we had TRUE depth, we could play 10-12 every game, getting the starting 5 50 snaps, the 2nd 5 20 snaps and even the 3’s in on occasion. Then we’d see the overall quality of play improve across the board and they’d be more ready to step up as starters when their time comes. We don’t have (and haven’t had in several years) that kind of depth. And if what hubcap says is true about Germer we’re well and truly fucked until either he retires or hauck fires him. So here we are. Playing the hope and pray through the portal every year hoping for a miracle.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Says every team with every position group every year.

And how many QB’s and RB’s did we go through last year? Certainly more than most, that’s for sure.
I don't recall these injuries being attributable to poor OL play. What say you?

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

So why don’t we have that with the O-line then? if we had TRUE depth, we could play 10-12 every game, getting the starting 5 50 snaps, the 2nd 5 20 snaps and even the 3’s in on occasion. Then we’d see the overall quality of play improve across the board and they’d be more ready to step up as starters when their time comes. We don’t have (and haven’t had in several years) that kind of depth. And if what hubcap says is true about Germer we’re well and truly f###[#] until either he retires or hauck fires him. So here we are. Playing the hope and pray through the portal every year hoping for a miracle.

I’ve questioned this for years, not just during the Hauck era but every coach seems to get set on a group of 5 and not rotate in. Is it a chemistry thing that if you sub one piece then the line doesn’t function as well? That’s the conclusion I’ve come up with cus you barely see many subs. In our participation reports from last year, many games only six and sometimes seven lineman played. There where a few games where eight or nine played and it didn’t seem to matter wether it was a close game or a blowout. I’ve always questioned why they can’t sub one for this series and another for that series.

This is our experience with who’s on the roster.
AJ Forbes RJr 14/14
Hunter Mayginnes RJr 12/12
Brandon Casey So 2/8
Colin Dreis RSo 0/9
Cody Kanouse RJr 0/4
Garrit Bloemendaal RJr 0/2
Dillon Botner RSo 0/3
Kevin Good RFr 0/0
Declan McCabe RFr 0/0
Liam Brown RFr 0/0
Kukila Lincoln RFr 0/0
Ethan Barney Fr na

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

So are you blaming the injuries at QB/RB on the OL?

You don’t think it’s a factor? Obviously not Knight’s injury….

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

You gonna just skip right over and ignore Hubcap’s post? No comment? None at all?

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
So are you blaming the injuries at QB/RB on the OL?

You don’t think it’s a factor? Obviously not Knight’s injury….
Well show the ones that are attributable to poor OL play as you infer.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

You gonna just skip right over and ignore Hubcap’s post? No comment? None at all?
None at all since it never refers to injuries caused by poor OL play like you infer. I have no beef with what hubcap posted, don't know whether it's true or not, but could be.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
None at all since it never refers to injuries caused by poor OL play like you infer. I have no beef with what hubcap posted, don't know whether it's true or not, but could be.

OK, champ. I don’t know whether poor O-line play caused injuries either. But it could be. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

OK, champ. I don’t know whether poor O-line play caused injuries either. But it could be. :lol: :lol:

Knight and Ostmos were non contact practice injuries. Ostmos had two carries for entire season. Childs had some kinda of turf toe injury. Redshirt freshman Xavier Harris averaged 4.4 yds per carry. 175 lbs true freshman WR averaged 4.2 yards per carry. Not too bad considering the injuries. Having an All American RB back and an additional big back to get tough yards will make a huge difference. Gilman may be in mix at least for four big games. Cam was tough as nails and I loved his competitiveness but I think Johnson is far more athletic and dynamic.The thing about coaches with passionate fan bases is that there will ALWAYS have supporters and ALWAYS have detractors. And the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

UncleRico said:
AZGrizFan said:

Knight and Ostmos were non contact practice injuries. Ostmos had two carries for entire season. Childs had some kinda of turf toe injury. Redshirt freshman Xavier Harris averaged 4.4 yds per carry. 175 lbs true freshman WR averaged 4.2 yards per carry. Not too bad considering the injuries. Having an All American RB back and an additional big back to get tough yards will make a huge difference. Gilman may be in mix at least for four big games. Cam was tough as nails and I loved his competitiveness but I think Johnson is far more athletic and dynamic.The thing about coaches with passionate fan bases is that there will ALWAYS have supporters and ALWAYS have detractors. And the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

Agreed. Thanks for the summary.

dayday said:
https://twitter.com/traaj2/status/1549122797540098049?s=21&t=we3IidnSSr-iQOccw8mCgA
Jesus, how many corners do we need? At least we've gotten really good at recruiting corners nowadays. Hopefully this is the Autjoe Soe replacement and we can go back to concentration on the O Line

Griz til I die said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/traaj2/status/1549122797540098049?s=21&t=we3IidnSSr-iQOccw8mCgA
Jesus, how many corners do we need? At least we've gotten really good at recruiting corners nowadays. Hopefully this is Autjoe Soe and we can go back to concentration on the O Line
The word is out; corner prospects want to play for Ronnie Bradford. We may be getting the cream of the crops.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
Jesus, how many corners do we need? At least we've gotten really good at recruiting corners nowadays. Hopefully this is Autjoe Soe and we can go back to concentration on the O Line
The word is out; corner prospects want to play for Ronnie Bradford. We may be getting the cream of the crops.

Conversely, what’s the word on playing for Germer?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Conversely, what’s the word on playing for Germer?
You have proven yourself to be the expert on that. I can't compete.

Latest posts

Back