• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The coaching changes

I wonder what happened to Rob Peterson. He was in that role. Still shows on his Twitter.

mthoopsfan said:
BDizzle said:
I wonder what happened to Rob Peterson. He was in that role. Still shows on his Twitter.

Haslam wanted to show his authority, so forced him out. Ha.

Ironically, that’s probably the extent of his authority.

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:
LOL. Well, according to hoops, Haslam is afraid of Bobby

According to a former Griz coach.

If that is true, we've got many more problems with Grizzly athletics than finishing 5th in the conference in football.

So there you have it....... the big-shot boosters force Haslam into re-hiring Hauck, and now Hauck owns Haslam. It could not be any worse for our program. No wonder Bobby seems so flippant now about losing.

RoseyMustGo said:
mthoopsfan said:
According to a former Griz coach.

If that is true, we've got many more problems with Grizzly athletics than finishing 5th in the conference in football.

So there you have it....... the big-shot boosters force Haslam into re-hiring Hauck, and now Hauck owns Haslam. It could not be any worse for our program. No wonder Bobby seems so flippant now about losing.

UM football is in good hands and good shape. Doesn’t have significant problems. Haslam has done and is doing a good job.

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:

UM football is in good hands and good shape. Doesn’t have significant problems. Haslam has done and is doing a good job.

I’d like him to do a GREAT job. Is he capable of that?

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’d like him to do a GREAT job. Is he capable of that?

He led his team to a 6th place finish after being picked to win the conference. His teams performance I think, answers you question.

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:

Finished in 6th place, beat one team with a winning record, failed to recruit a backup qb, failed to develop a backup qb, team gave up over 900 yards rushing in two games but it's in good hands.

I would think Haslam is content to let Bobby run the football program. His primary concern is likely attendance and profits. If that begins to slip, I think we will see him more directly involved.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Finished in 6th place, beat one team with a winning record, failed to recruit a backup qb, failed to develop a backup qb, team gave up over 900 yards rushing in two games but it's in good hands.

Yup. Went to playoff and won game for past 3 years, despite losing starting qb for multiple games. Attendance high. Record season ticket sales. Record qb club membership. Multiple all conference players and all Americans. Confined good fund raising. No of field issues. High academics. Good coaching staff.

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

Yup. Went to playoff and won game for past 3 years, despite losing starting qb for multiple games. Attendance high. Record season ticket sales. Record qb club membership. Multiple all conference players and all Americans. Confined good fund raising. No of field issues. High academics. Good coaching staff.

Lowest playoff attendance since stadium expansion. Players leaving the program because of not being developed, Bobby trying to gift his son the 37 legacy creating negative press for the University.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Lowest playoff attendance since stadium expansion. Players leaving the program because of not being developed, Bobby trying to gift his son the 37 legacy creating negative press for the University.

Cat troll?

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

To be fair, I'd say that schedule/timing had a lot to do with the playoff attendance and 1 player (not players) left stating it was a development issue. I understand what you're saying, but don't skew the facts.

Griz2k said:
uptopgriz said:

To be fair, I'd say that schedule/timing had a lot to do with the playoff attendance and 1 player (not players) left stating it was a development issue. I understand what you're saying, but don't skew the facts.

The playoff game has been the same weekend every year. Its been two years in a row a player has left and questioned the level of coaching on their way out the door.

uptopgriz said:
Griz2k said:

The playoff game has been the same weekend every year. Its been two years in a row a player has left and questioned the level of coaching on their way out the door.

And neither was it will be missed. The team is better without them. Our replacement punter was better and had better season. Any player who transfers to NAU is not someone we need.

Back