• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The coaching changes

Griz2k said:
Fahque said:
Remember Seymore?

https://footballscoop.com/news/marshall-reportedly-filling-defensive-coordinator-opening-with-an-acc-coordinator

Didn't he call an all out blitz against the cats once when it was like 3rd and a mile and they picked up the 1st because there was nobody left to cover the middle of the field?

Sometimes you learn the hard way, and it appears he did learn.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Griz2k said:
Didn't he call an all out blitz against the cats once when it was like 3rd and a mile and they picked up the 1st because there was nobody left to cover the middle of the field?

Not a Montana guy=Can't be any good. Thems the rules; I didn't write them.

Getting any information from BH or AD is useless. Time will tell. I just thought Rosie was worthless as OC. I just will have to look in the mirror and say, "Patience, Grasshopper, patience." :lol:

3-7-77 said:
Getting any information from BH or AD is useless. Time will tell. I just thought Rosie was worthless as OC. I just will have to look in the mirror and say, "Patience, Grasshopper, patience." :lol:

I’ve seen more leaks from the pentagon than what we get from this staff. What are they so afraid of?

Griz2k said:
3-7-77 said:

I’ve seen more leaks from the pentagon than what we get from this staff. What are they so afraid of?

I'm not sure if it's fear or what. What I do know is that Bobby could hire Sean McVay as OC, and 25% of eGriz would say it's a terrible hire, Bobby should be fired, and their buddy who coaches the D Line in Class B and teaches pre-algebra in Somewheresville, MT could do a better job.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz2k said:

I'm not sure if it's fear or what. What I do know is that Bobby could hire Sean McVay as OC, and 25% of eGriz would say it's a terrible hire, Bobby should be fired, and their buddy who coaches the D Line in Class B and teaches pre-algebra in Somewheresville, MT could do a better job.

So you know the guy.

CDAGRIZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Not a Montana guy=Can't be any good. Thems the rules; I didn't write them.

iota-hell-yea-brother.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz2k said:

Would be terrible. His play calling is vanilla and too predictable. How did the Rams do this year? That’s what I thought.
-SoldierGriz

Griz2k said:
Fahque said:
Remember Seymore?

https://footballscoop.com/news/marshall-reportedly-filling-defensive-coordinator-opening-with-an-acc-coordinator

I thought they scored on that play. Maybe I'm thinking of their next possession.

griz4life said:
Griz2k said:

I thought they scored on that play. Maybe I'm thinking of their next possession.

They did score. It was 3rd and 25 or 30 and he called all out blitz with man on man in the secondary. Draw to Infanse. It was something like a 65 yard run and he wasn’t touched. He had a first down before the secondary even knew he had the ball. The game was over right there. Horrible defensive call.

grizatwork said:
griz4life said:

They did score. It was 3rd and 25 or 30 and he called all out blitz with man on man in the secondary. Draw to Infanse. It was something like a 65 yard run and he wasn’t touched. He had a first down before the secondary even knew he had the ball. The game was over right there. Horrible defensive call.

You got out coached.

Phat Cat said:
grizatwork said:

You got out coached.

It was a fluke and lucky play by the Cats.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz2k said:

Somewheresville, MT. Couldn't place it, so I consulted my highway map. Nothing. They doin' a co-op with Someotherplace? Is it what they used to call Glasgow Air Force Base? I used to be pretty good at Montana places. Age ain't creeping up on me, it done past me by and left me in the dust. :roll:

It is up there NOW.
Following the departure of veteran coaches Kent Baer and Barry Sacks, Montana head football coach Bobby Hauck has announced changes to the Grizzlies' defensive staff.

Ronnie Bradford, UM's cornerbacks coach for the past two seasons and long-time NFL and FBS mentor, has been promoted to defensive coordinator and safeties coach. Former All-America linebacker Roger Cooper will now lead Montana's corps of linebackers, and defensive analyst Kim McCloud will now coach the Grizzly cornerbacks.
Bradford, who came to Montana in the spring of 2021 after three seasons as the safeties coach at USC, will now take the lead on a Grizzly defense that has been one of the best in FCS football in recent years. "Coach Bradford will be our defensive coordinator, and he'll call it on Saturdays. He's coached a lot of football, has great experience, and really understands the game," said Hauck.

"Roger will move from the safeties to linebackers. It's a position he's completely comfortable with and that he has coached a lot. He has a great understanding of linebacker play, and I think he feels like he's getting back home to his natural position," said Hauck.

McCloud served as a defensive analyst for the Grizzlies in 2022 after joining the program out of Hawaii in August. He now takes the field to coach Montana's cornerbacks, the same position he coached for the Rainbow Warriors in 2021. His resume lists nearly three decades of experience with ten different programs, including serving as the assistant head coach at Syracuse from 2016-18, with previous stops at Idaho, Nevada, and Baylor, among others. Prior to his time at Hawaii, he was the receivers coach and cornerbacks coach at Syracuse from 2016-19. He also served as the defensive coordinator, receivers coach, and assistant head coach at Bowling Green at different times in 2014 and 2015. He was the defensive coordinator at Eastern Illinois from 2012-13 and was the secondary coach at Baylor and Akron between 2008 and 2011.
"Kim is a guy that we've known for numerous years, and we're glad that he was able to spend this past fall with us in our defensive analyst role. And now he's going to take over coaching our corners," said Hauck.

Montana will look to add a line coach and analyst to the defensive coaching staff in the near future.

Griz2k said:
3-7-77 said:

Phat Cat said:
mthoopsfan said:
It was a fluke and lucky play by the Cats.

55-21 Hahahahahaha...... that's not luck doucher.

I don't think that's the game being referenced, but have you thought about the fact that no matter what the score is, you're still a Bobcat? What's that like? I assume it's like the lyrics to the song Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. Just a cycle of poverty and hopelessness. I feel for you guys. Head up.

WaGriz4life said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Would be terrible. His play calling is vanilla and too predictable. How did the Rams do this year? That’s what I thought.
-SoldierGriz

Wrong, as usual. :coffee:

Griz2k said:
Fahque said:
Remember Seymore?

Probably but it's not like that hasn't happened under any of our other defensive coordinators as well

Phenicie. I'm wondering what changed to move him from Offensive Analyst to his current position coach and Assistant HC, and why he bolted from the OC job at Bucknell. Maybe he got Bobby's ear and pointed out Rosie's performance, or non-performance if you will. Bobby's 'wholesale changes' mantra needs to pay off big, and fast. Otherwise, Head Deck Chair Re-arranger probably sticks, IMHO. FWIW, I am and always have been pro-Bobby.

grizfan1984 said:
Anybody have any actual information on the coaching changes? or just gonna argue like 2 year olds?

What changes ? Looks like everybody just takes a different chair, same music.

Back