• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is one of the most talented Griz teams we've had in a while

mthoopsfan said:
uofmman1122 said:
Agreed. There's nothing wrong with calling out Johnson for the mistakes he made later in the year while he was playing. Suggesting he was healthy at the end of the year is just not true, however.

Johnson also played well later in the season in various games. But he was never the same after the SS hit. He ran less, and didn't run as well. I assume he was holding back and protecting himself. That hit changed the course of the season for this very good and promising team. And yes, the Griz didn't have a good enough replacement at qb, and the D wasn't able to make up, all the time, for the loss of offense. A missed opportunity, but this happens in sport all the time. Next man up, and you hope it's enough. It isn't sometimes. Life goes on. And for the fans, there's always next year

Good overall assessment. Amazing how one play can make or break a season...it would appear on the surface that's exactly what happened to the Griz this year.

mthoopsfan said:
uofmman1122 said:
Agreed. There's nothing wrong with calling out Johnson for the mistakes he made later in the year while he was playing. Suggesting he was healthy at the end of the year is just not true, however.

Johnson also played well later in the season in various games. But he was never the same after the SS hit. He ran less, and didn't run as well. I assume he was holding back and protecting himself. That hit changed the course of the season for this very good and promising team. And yes, the Griz didn't have a good enough replacement at qb, and the D wasn't able to make up, all the time, for the loss of offense. A missed opportunity, but this happens in sport all the time. Next man up, and you hope it's enough. It isn't sometimes. Life goes on. And for the fans, there's always next year
Watching him in the first 4 games, I really thought we found a guy that was going to run away with the conference MVP. He made it look so easy, and I hadn't seen a Griz QB play like that in a long time. Getting sick, concussed, and then injuring his leg just turned him into a totally different payer. I really feel for the guy, but I'm so glad we got to see him here.

uofmman1122 said:
Lord Vigo said:
It’s impossible to discern how good Johnson actually was because his healthy stretch of the season also coincides with the easy stretch of the season.

So was his play poor later in the year because he was hurt or was he just exposed by better defenses or some combination? You can’t really definitively know that.

And you can’t appeal to past play, because he didn’t start and you can’t appeal to future play, because he’s done.

Cat fans know that as well as anyone. The kid went down in the Brawl right in front of me.

uofmman1122 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Watching him in the first 4 games, I really thought we found a guy that was going to run away with the conference MVP. He made it look so easy, and I hadn't seen a Griz QB play like that in a long time. Getting sick, concussed, and then injuring his leg just turned him into a totally different payer. I really feel for the guy, but I'm so glad we got to see him here.

I agree. Good observation.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:
lol... well if he sucks and gets benched after losing to the griz.... then yes he probably will quit.

Is the quitter QB playing anywhere this season?

I looked for signs of Sulser at Texas a few days ago, and found nothing, except his roster page. The coach said he wasn't doing a two-deep. The media and other two-deeps didn't list Sulser anywhere, whether at receiver or punt/KO returner. I thought he'd be the punter returner.

:lol: bump

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I may point out that the Griz were ranked #3 in the country at one time, were picked by the coaches to win the Big Sky, and were the second highest rated FCS team in the nation by Sagarin.

And they finished 6th in the conference. This just demonstrates the depth of their disappointment this season.

So, if the pundits and coaches believed how good the Griz team was, and we performed this badly, was it the player's fault? I don't think so. You figure it out.

RoseyMustGo said:
Getting back to the topic of this thread, I may point out that the Griz were ranked #3 in the country at one time, were picked by the coaches to win the Big Sky, and were the second highest rated FCS team in the nation by Sagarin.

And they finished 6th in the conference. This just demonstrates the depth of their disappointment this season.

So, if the pundits and coaches believed how good the Griz team was, and we performed this badly, was it the player's fault? I don't think so. You figure it out.

Johnson got hurt, missed some games, and was never the same. How many times do you have to be told that? You obviously didn't make much attention to the games or the season. How old are you?

Latest posts

Back