• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"touchdown" tommy merlot

retiredpopo said:
Mellott is very good player and someone if he does not get hurt will be a force for the next 3 years. Not sure I would ding him for passing in yesterday's wind. I bet they wish they would have been playing him all along instead of Mckay right now. they put together the right game plan for him and who knows...

I see this happening again this week. good players do good things when they play. Good coaching puts game plans in place that will help them be successful. I stand by what i said if he stays healthy we are going to have our hands full with him at qb.

grizturd said:
I will give the Cats their due they are playing lights out. But Sam Houston is not very good.
How in the hell did they win the chipper last year ?
By beating JMU, NDSU and SDSU

Ursa Major said:
CatsRback said:
Okay, classic EGRIZ response, don’t address what was said but instead rebuttal with feelings. I’m curious, tell me how a 5 TD performance isn’t a good performance? Because that’s what I said. TD TOMMY had 5 TD’s and no picks.

It’s called an observation.

Here’s another one, by the time you and your dipshit friends are done posting on eGriz this week, you’ll have me and many other Griz fans that would be pulling for the cats hoping they get ass raped by SDSU. Just to shut you the [#]f### up.

You toss that out there like it makes a difference, nobody cares if you make your “observations” that are really just subjective slander about our starting QB and then dangle your support over our heads like cats fans give a darn. The game already sold out. Either jump on or turn on the re runs. But don’t sit here and act like we can’t be happy about or QB and then play victim because you claim to support us 😂

CatsRback said:
Ursa Major said:

Here’s another one, by the time you and your dipshit friends are done posting on eGriz this week, you’ll have me and many other Griz fans that would be pulling for the cats hoping they get ass raped by SDSU. Just to shut you the [#]f### up.

You toss that out there like it makes a difference, nobody cares if you make your “observations” that are really just subjective slander about our starting QB and then dangle your support over our heads like cats fans give a darn. The game already sold out. Either jump on or turn on the re runs. But don’t sit here and act like we can’t be happy about or QB and then play victim because you claim to support us 😂

Speaking of Victims

F7-F0-C161-047-B-4386-BBAC-65-E50-E1-A4536.jpg

Ursa Major said:
CatsRback said:

Speaking of Victims

F7-F0-C161-047-B-4386-BBAC-65-E50-E1-A4536.jpg

Looks like your only goal is to beat MSU these days since we’re the standard. Congrats!

Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:
If you know Tommy, it is just not his running and throwing abilities. It is all about his leadership qualities. He is a leader and finds ways to make things happen. I see a lot of Travis Lulay in him.

Objectively?

For the past 5 years cat fans have acted like desperate impetuous teenaged girls when it comes to the qb position. They fall in love on the first date and tell everyone that will listen that they found their guy and they will live happily ever after.

They rationalize and coverup their guy’s shortcomings (e.g. can’t throw a spiral, can’t hit the broadside of a barn) and mistakes (e.g. throws bounce passes, interceptions) until he either ditches them or breaks their heart.

Then it’s on to the dreamy new guy whom they are sure “is the one.”

This new infatuation with Tommy Merlot is no different. Things will go great until the cat fans find out he’s boning their sister on the side.

When I mentioned Tommy's leadership qualities, I was referring to is stellar high school career. He exhibited those leadership qualities in spades. It resulted in him being named Gatorade Player of the Year. He is a special kid and that has come thru in his short time at MSU. The way he has stepped in and performed in a really high pressure situation does give reason for fans to be optimistic that we have very good QB in the making. He should continue to improve with more experience. Vigen has talked a lot about his excellent work ethic. It is not an infatuation. It is an observation based on his history in HS and what he has done in the short time he has been a Bobcat. Also, Griz fans are no different. Lots of posters on here were saying Brown would be the next coming. You have had others that have not worked out like Gresch Jensen. Both schools have had some really excellent QBs and some that didn't live up to the hype. That holds true for recruiting in general for all positions. Fans are always optimistic about their players and yes disappointed when some don't work out.

CatsRback said:
Ursa Major said:

The Griz won their Super Bowl on 11/20. Bobby stresses the importance of that game over all others, even to the length he’s complaining about the team being tired after getting hammered on National TV by a JMU team that has now played 21 games since February.

bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
Objectively?

For the past 5 years cat fans have acted like desperate impetuous teenaged girls when it comes to the qb position. They fall in love on the first date and tell everyone that will listen that they found their guy and they will live happily ever after.

They rationalize and coverup their guy’s shortcomings (e.g. can’t throw a spiral, can’t hit the broadside of a barn) and mistakes (e.g. throws bounce passes, interceptions) until he either ditches them or breaks their heart.

Then it’s on to the dreamy new guy whom they are sure “is the one.”

This new infatuation with Tommy Merlot is no different. Things will go great until the cat fans find out he’s boning their sister on the side.

When I mentioned Tommy's leadership qualities, I was referring to is stellar high school career. He exhibited those leadership qualities in spades. It resulted in him being named Gatorade Player of the Year. He is a special kid and that has come thru in his short time at MSU. The way he has stepped in and performed in a really high pressure situation does give reason for fans to be optimistic that we have very good QB in the making. He should continue to improve with more experience. Vigen has talked a lot about his excellent work ethic. It is not an infatuation. It is an observation based on his history in HS and what he has done in the short time he has been a Bobcat. Also, Griz fans are no different. Lots of posters on here were saying Brown would be the next coming. You have had others that have not worked out like Gresch Jensen. Both schools have had some really excellent QBs and some that didn't live up to the hype. That holds true for recruiting in general for all positions. Fans are always optimistic about their players and yes disappointed when some don't work out.

Thank you for elaborately making my point. I’m sure he’s a fine young man. However, at this time, he’s an unproven division-1 qb. He has completed 16 passes. But please don’t let me or sound reasoning get in the way of anointing him the greatest college qb the cats have ever had.

For the past 5 years, this is largely what your fan base has done with your qbs. This year cat posters couldn’t stop reminding us that McKay was the second highest rated qb in the conference. Even though a casual observer could see he wasn’t a very accurate passer.

Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:

Thank you for elaborately making my point. I’m sure he’s a fine young man. However, at this time, he’s an unproven division-1 qb. He has completed 16 passes. But please don’t let me or sound reasoning get in the way of anointing him the greatest college qb the cats have ever had.

For the past 5 years, this is largely what your fan base has done with your qbs. This year cat posters couldn’t stop reminding us that McKay was the second highest rated qb in the conference. Even though a casual observer could see he wasn’t a very accurate passer.

I haven’t seen any Bobcat posters claim Mellott is the greatest QB in program history. Most seem to be countering this Tommy “Merlot” thread and the laughable takes in it considering he accounted for 5 TDs against the defending champs on the road.

CatsRback said:
Ursa Major said:

Already sold out? They don't go on sale until Tuesday.

Two games. Hard to tell much at this point. Let’s see what he does against SDSU and potentially NDSU or James Madison. I think he will be a fine QB for the Cats. Kid has heart and is confident. Can they produce a solid supporting cast for him? Gonna be an interesting few years ahead for both programs. I am not going to root against the kid. Best of luck to all Montana boys. They have an uphill battle to win the natty, but at least they are still playing. Credit to them. They got a good side of the bracket and have done what they needed to. They keep winning.

Yukon said:
CatsRback said:

You’re thinking of tickets not claimed by season tix holders. As of now, all non season tix sold out. Season tix holders have until Tuesday. As of now, sold out.

I still don't think he's a legit throwing qb. He's had 16 career passing completions out of 35 attempts and 76 running attempts. He had 2 long TD passes against Sam Houston cause they were trying to stop the run and were vulnerable deep for the rare pass. If the Cats get behind and the defense knows he's gonna pass, I don't think he'll have much success. He's a good athlete and may develop a consistent passing game, but I'm glad the Cats are content with him being their "QB of the future" if that means they won't try to bring in a better transfer.

I think two things can be true at the same time.

- the cats absolutely took it to a team not a lot of people thought they had a chance against, and Mellot played a pretty outstanding game. That defense was on fire and absolutely bullied the team that won the chipper in the spring. They earned the right to host the semis and should be proud.

- let’s not get ahead of ourselves and act like the two sides of the bracket were equal here. I said it when it came out that I’d much rather be the 8 seed than the 6 seed. The two best teams and 4 of the top 6 were on our side. Certainly not the cats’ fault, and they took care of business, but if I were a cat fan I’d be thankful first that the Griz kicked their asses so bad it made them into real winners :lol: and second that the committee didn’t get it right and that their season didn’t end in Fargo last night.

Great job, cats! Tommy is gonna be an absolute pain in the ass. :thumb:

NorthwestFresh said:
Ursa Major said:

I haven’t seen any Bobcat posters claim Mellott is the greatest QB in program history. Most seem to be countering this Tommy “Merlot” thread and the laughable takes in it considering he accounted for 5 TDs against the defending champs on the road.

One cat poster keeps blabbing about reruns.Speaking of reruns, we’ve heard the same hyped qb praise by the cats for 5 years. This year we even got to witness two coronations in the same year.

The cats have not recruited a successful qb since Ron Ash was their coach. During that time they started a linebacker as their qb. At other times they have all but abandoned a passing game. I understand the desperation.

Ursa Major said:
NorthwestFresh said:

One cat poster keeps blabbing about reruns.Speaking of reruns, we’ve heard the same hyped qb praise by the cats for 5 years. This year we even got to witness two coronations in the same year.

The cats have not recruited a successful qb since Ron Ash was their coach. During that time they started a linebacker as their qb. At other times they have all but abandoned a passing game. I understand the desperation.

Didn’t we beat you with that linebacker?

CatsRback said:
Yukon said:

You’re thinking of tickets not claimed by season tix holders. As of now, all non season tix sold out. Season tix holders have until Tuesday. As of now, sold out.

okay, thanks. Awesome it sold out.

Yukon said:
CatsRback said:

It sold out 12hrs after the end of the game.

Yukon said:
CatsRback said:

okay, thanks. Awesome it sold out.

Just Flippin’ happy to host a semis game… great for the program. Glad the fans agree

Back