• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"touchdown" tommy merlot

Griz Addict said:
Sdsu will more than likely put a beat down on the Cats but, never know. Looks good for us when the cats win too. You know, because we absolutely dominated them. So I kind of hope cats make it to the championship now and meet JMU and then JMU lays 100 points on em. The dream.
Cats will not be easy to beat at home.

uofmman1122 said:
indian-outlaw said:
Except this SHSU team beat both of those teams this year.
Looking a lot more flukish tonight. If the score gets worse for them, you're gonna see a lot of people start taking the coach Hauck opinion that the Spring season was a bit of a farce.

Hauck got his ass kicked by a “spring team” that lost to Sam Houston. Bobby sure likes to talk a lot.

grizturd said:
I will give the Cats their due they are playing lights out. But Sam Houston is not very good.
How in the hell did they win the chipper last year ?

Do you think that the Cats coming out and destroying them in the first qtr. make SHSU look like a bad team?

indian-outlaw said:
uofmman1122 said:
Looking a lot more flukish tonight. If the score gets worse for them, you're gonna see a lot of people start taking the coach Hauck opinion that the Spring season was a bit of a farce.

I agree, but I still think the cats will not wind up winning this game. It's going to go to hell for them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NorthwestFresh said:
uofmman1122 said:

Hauck got his ass kicked by a “spring team” that lost to Sam Houston. Bobby sure likes to talk a lot.

Yes. Because what happened in the Spring has SO much bearing on what’s happening now. :lol: :lol:

Let's not be like the kitten fans: and over blow his performance.

He was 6 for 11
The 31 yard TD was really well thrown
The 68 yard TD was under thrown
He caught a 4 yard TD pass
had a 1 yard TD run
&
a 2 yard TD run

So these 5 TD's nothing to crow about, any average FCS QB could have those numbers.

Paytonlives said:

He was 6 for 11
had a 1 yard TD run
&
a 2 yard TD run

So these 5 TD's nothing to crow about, any average FCS QB could have those numbers.

5 TD’s by a single player (freshman 2nd start ever QB against a perennial power who has never lost at home in the playoffs) is a really great performance. I’m not sure how you can sit here after UM’s pedestrian performance Friday and say that what occurred was an average performance. Objectively winning in December is hard. Objectively scoring 5 TD’s in a December game is no small task either.

CatsRback said:
Paytonlives said:

He was 6 for 11
had a 1 yard TD run
&
a 2 yard TD run

5 TD’s by a single player (freshman 2nd start ever QB against a perennial power who has never lost at home in the playoffs) is a really great performance. I’m not sure how you can sit here after UM’s pedestrian performance Friday and say that what occurred was an average performance. Objectively winning in December is hard. Objectively scoring 5 TD’s in a December game is no small task either.

If you know Tommy, it is just not his running and throwing abilities. It is all about his leadership qualities. He is a leader and finds ways to make things happen. I see a lot of Travis Lulay in him.

Hey state fans. You can’t rewrite history. Your boy Mellott played against Montana and absolutely got his ass kicked just like the rest of your team. Sorry 😢

bozono said:
Hey state fans. You can’t rewrite history. Your boy Mellott played against Montana and absolutely got his ass kicked just like the rest of your team. Sorry 😢

If there’s one thing we know.. UM likes its history… Toss on a re-run this weekend. We will be live.

bigsky33 said:
CatsRback said:

If you know Tommy, it is just not his running and throwing abilities. It is all about his leadership qualities. He is a leader and finds ways to make things happen. I see a lot of Travis Lulay in him.

Objectively?

For the past 5 years cat fans have acted like desperate impetuous teenaged girls when it comes to the qb position. They fall in love on the first date and tell everyone that will listen that they found their guy and they will live happily ever after.

They rationalize and coverup their guy’s shortcomings (e.g. can’t throw a spiral, can’t hit the broadside of a barn) and mistakes (e.g. throws bounce passes, interceptions) until he either ditches them or breaks their heart.

Then it’s on to the dreamy new guy whom they are sure “is the one.”

This new infatuation with Tommy Merlot is no different. Things will go great until the cat fans find out he’s boning their sister on the side.

Paytonlives said:

He was 6 for 11
had a 1 yard TD run
&
a 2 yard TD run

So, just curious. When was the last time we had an "average FCS QB" have those numbers? Just askin.

Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:

Objectively?

For the past 5 years cat fans have acted like desperate impetuous teenaged girls when it comes to the qb position. They fall in love on the first date and tell everyone that will listen that they found their guy and they will live happily ever after.

They rationalize and coverup their guy’s shortcomings (e.g. can’t throw a spiral, can’t hit the broadside of a barn) and mistakes (e.g. throws bounce passes, interceptions) until he either ditches them or breaks their heart.

This new infatuation with Tommy Merlot is no different. Things will go great until the cat fans find out he’s boning their sister on the side.

Okay, classic EGRIZ response, don’t address what was said but instead rebuttal with feelings. I’m curious, tell me how a 5 TD performance isn’t a good performance? Because that’s what I said. TD TOMMY had 5 TD’s and no picks.

kemajic said:
UTGrizFan said:
Saying he is a terrible passer when they were literally playing a game with winds up to 50mph I think is a very unfair take. With weather like that it's going to change the game plan which in this case fit perfectly into what MSU likes to do, run the ball.

I really think this upcoming week against SHSU will be a better showcase of his abilities unless there is freak weather like there was this past Saturday
SHSU will stop the run like Montana did. Then good or bad, the kid's passing will be exposed.

I always love your boomer hot takes.

Paytonlives said:

He was 6 for 11
had a 1 yard TD run
&
a 2 yard TD run

Any FCS QB ever, including everybody posting here, could have put up zero TDs against James Madison. Thank you for the laugh. We’re just lucky Merlot didn’t start in Missoula.

CatsRback said:
Ursa Major said:
Objectively?

Okay, classic EGRIZ response, don’t address what was said but instead rebuttal with feelings. I’m curious, tell me how a 5 TD performance isn’t a good performance? Because that’s what I said. TD TOMMY had 5 TD’s and no picks.

It’s called an observation.

Here’s another one, by the time you and your dipshit friends are done posting on eGriz this week, you’ll have me and many other Griz fans that would be pulling for the cats hoping they get ass raped by SDSU. Just to shut you the fuck up.

NorthwestFresh said:
Paytonlives said:

He was 6 for 11
had a 1 yard TD run
&
a 2 yard TD run

Any FCS QB ever, including everybody posting here, could have put up zero TDs against James Madison. Thank you for the laugh. We’re just lucky Merlot didn’t start in Missoula.
He would have been better than the loser MSU ran out there, but he would have been scouted far better than SHSU did. After all, he did play quite a bit in the UM game and made little impact. SDSU has film now, so we'll see. MSU, like UM, won their games with defense and STs. They will have to do that again Saturday.

bozono said:

Yes you did kick ass in that game the same way we kicked your ass in 2019.

Back