• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UCLA/USC

Spanky2 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I just don't see this happening. The remaining PAC12 teams all want to stay with the top group, but the top group won't think too kindly of adding schools that will require a cut. I think it is most probable that the remaining PAC12 schools work something out with the Big 12 or ACC.
I agree.

That is what I was saying, but I didn't say it well...

Late to the party but personally hope things shape up to get us into the MWC. If the MWC loses 4 schools (SDSU, FSU, BSU and UNLV) we'd be in a perfect position to backfill along with NMSU and UTEP, would be a good looking Conference:

TEAM...............PROTECTED RIVALS
UNM.....................NMSU, UTEP
NMSU.....................UNM, UTEP
UTEP.....................UNM, NMSU
CSU..............................AF, WYO
AF...............................CSU, USU
WYO..........................MSU, CSU
SJSU.............HAWAII, NEVADA
MSU...............MONTANA, WYO
MONTANA................MSU, USU
NEVADA.............HAWAII, SJSU
USU..............AF, MONTANA
HAWAII........SJSU, NEVADA

Ut-Grizfan said:
Late to the party but personally hope things shape up to get us into the MWC. If the MWC loses 4 schools (SDSU, FSU, BSU and UNLV) we'd be in a perfect position to backfill along with NMSU and UTEP, would be a good looking Conference:

The MWC will look for teams in bigger media markets. It is all about the money. UM and MSU does not have the media market.

bigsky33 said:
Ut-Grizfan said:

The MWC will look for teams in bigger media markets. It is all about the money. UM and MSU does not have the media market.
Ya cause Laramie, Wyoming and Reno, Nevada are huge TV markets.

bigsky33 said:
Ut-Grizfan said:

Pray tell, what markets would those be? Perhaps ask Foolerton how well that plan worked when he got desperate and added noco.

It isn't about market size, anyway. It's about market share. And I guarantee you eyes on the sets would be greater in Montana than just about any other pretend market you can name.

Griz til I die said:
bigsky33 said:

He did say look for bigger media markets which has zero to do with current media markets. I think this convo is all moot anyhow because the MWC is not going to lose any schools, at least to the Pac12, in the short term.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

He did say look for bigger media markets which has zero to do with current media markets. I think this convo is all moot anyhow because the MWC is not going to lose any schools, at least to the Pac12, in the short term.

I agree . And, yes I did say look for bigger media markets. It appears it is going to be a while before this all shakes out with the Pac-12.

EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Pray tell, what markets would those be? Perhaps ask Foolerton how well that plan worked when he got desperate and added noco.

It isn't about market size, anyway. It's about market share. And I guarantee you eyes on the sets would be greater in Montana than just about any other pretend market you can name.
I agree with you, it is about market share. However, our market has little to share in terms of total population.

Spanky2 said:
EverettGriz said:

I agree with you, it is about market share. However, our market has little to share in terms of total population.

I think they might value survivability and stability more at that point. There are already slim pickings out West and if the PAC adds 4-6 schools or even if the BIG12 gets involved they are going to need teams to backfill, we fit perfectly along with NMSU and UTEP. Personally I'd love to see us play Wyoming, Nevada, Colorado State and USU on a consistent basis.

Ut-Grizfan said:
Spanky2 said:

I think they might value survivability and stability more at that point. There are already slim pickings out West and if the PAC adds 4-6 schools or even if the BIG12 gets involved they are going to need teams to backfill, we fit perfectly along with NMSU and UTEP. Personally I'd love to see us play Wyoming, Nevada, Colorado State and USU on a consistent basis.

Me too

mtgrizrule said:
Ut-Grizfan said:

Me too
Do they even have TV sets that work up there above the artic circle? Can planes fly in there when the snow is 20' deep? All things to consider. :lol:

would pretty much crush any UM/MSU move to the Mountain west.

Screenshot-2022-07-25-114237.jpg

I think UM to the MWC has been nothing but a pipe dream for years. I don't see the PAC inviting any MWC schools. Any changes will maintain or reduce the number of schools of the so-called power 5 conferences and not add. Most likely situations are the PAC stands pat for the short term or there will be movement between it and the Big 12. It is more likely some PAC schools fall back to the MWC than any FCS schools move up to the MWC by about 100%.

Yukon said:
would pretty much crush any UM/MSU move to the Mountain west.

Screenshot-2022-07-25-114237.jpg

Helena, you are probably correct about the Mountain West. Further, there isn’t any interest with the UM administration or the Griz fans. The Big Sky is it for another 59 years.

Spanky2 said:
Helena, you are probably correct about the Mountain West. Further, there isn’t any interest with the UM administration or the Griz fans. The Big Sky is it for another 59 years.
You are so full of shit! Prove it! Prove to me that the administration has no interest because I don't believe you. I guarantee they are one of the 6-12 teams that has reached out to the MWC to express interest in moving up. And as for the fans, there are many fans on this board that have said they want to move up. You're just bitter because it appears there's no viable path for the Griz to move up. Sorry nobody wants our isolated rural population that doesn't bring much of a tv market.

Griz til I die said:
Spanky2 said:
You are so full of shit! Prove it! Prove to me that the administration has no interest because I don't believe you. I guarantee they are one of the 6-12 teams that has reached out to the MWC to express interest in moving up. And as for the fans, there are many fans on this board that have said they want to move up. You're just bitter because it appears there's no viable path for the Griz to move up. Sorry nobody wants our isolated rural population that doesn't bring much of a tv market.

Don’t get so excited little man. You can continue to peddle your bike around town with your Griz gear. It makes no difference if the opponent is Wyoming or Northern Colorado as everyone will still notice you.

Spanky2 said:
Griz til I die said:

Don’t get so excited little man. You can continue to peddle your bike around town with your Griz gear. It makes no difference if the opponent is Wyoming or Northern Colorado as everyone will still notice you.
exactly, you have no proof! You keep trying to push these lies, and when you get called out, you have nothing to back them up with. I know for a FACT that UM and msu both reached out to the MWC to gauge interest, so for you to say that the administration has no desire, proves your a liar.

Back