• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM announces intention for full capacity this fall

ilovethecats said:
Griz til I die said:
Dude there are way stricter health departments in Montana than Missoula. Buttes pretty bad and Bozeman, believe it or not, probably has the worst. They still haven’t lifted really any of the restrictions there. Biden said by the 4th of July, he wants and expects a return to normal, and if that’s the case then the health departments will probably stop caring by then.
I don’t know what you consider “normal”, but I’m expecting WAY more than this come July. Though I’m fully prepared for more of this crazy nonsense. Here’s what Biden says we can expect on “independence” day if people continue getting vaccinated:

"If we do this together, by 4 July, there is a good chance you, your family and friends can get together in your backyard or in your neighbourhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day," he said.

🙄

No matter where the covid is, who isn't going to do those things on July 4th? I don't know where the covid is going, but almost no one is listening to Biden, Fauci or the CDC now. These governmental pronouncements and recommendations are almost comical.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
I don’t know what you consider “normal”, but I’m expecting WAY more than this come July. Though I’m fully prepared for more of this crazy nonsense. Here’s what Biden says we can expect on “independence” day if people continue getting vaccinated:

"If we do this together, by 4 July, there is a good chance you, your family and friends can get together in your backyard or in your neighbourhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day," he said.

🙄

No matter where the covid is, who isn't going to do those things on July 4th? I don't know where the covid is going, but almost no one is listening to Biden, Fauci or the CDC now. These governmental pronouncements and recommendations are almost comical.
Oh I agree completely. It's not going to change how I celebrate the 4th, just like it didn't last year.

I was just pointing out that Biden didn't exactly say he expects life to be normal by that time like Griz till I Die suggested. He said we can have a BBQ by the 4th of July. :lol: :roll:

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
Oh I agree completely. It's not going to change how I celebrate the 4th, just like it didn't last year.

I was just pointing out that Biden didn't exactly say he expects life to be normal by that time like Griz till I Die suggested. He said we can have a BBQ by the 4th of July. :lol: :roll:

But we all know Biden is confused and gets Christmas and 4th of July mixed up, he fully expects the Easter bunny to show up on Independence day....

retiredpopo said:
ilovethecats said:

But we all know Biden is confused and gets Christmas and 4th of July mixed up, he fully expects the Easter bunny to show up on Independence day....
4th of July was my wedding day in 1998, I've been divorced since 2009, which "independence day" should I celebrate?

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
I’ll lay it out there: I’ll be SHOCKED if MHD goes along with this.
Dude there are way stricter health departments in Montana than Missoula. Buttes pretty bad and Bozeman, believe it or not, probably has the worst. They still haven’t lifted really any of the restrictions there. Biden said by the 4th of July, he wants and expects a return to normal, and if that’s the case then the health departments will probably stop caring by then.

I’m interested in what makes you think that. I have offices in 8 cites in MT, including Butte, Bozeman and Missoula and from what I have seen first hand, Missoula County is far and away the most restrictive. Not even close. In fact, I have visited Bozeman and Butte in the last three days and its like being on a different planet than Missoula right now.

Raider said:
Griz til I die said:

I’m interested in what makes you think that. I have offices in 8 cites in MT, including Butte, Bozeman and Missoula and from what I have seen first hand, Missoula County is far and away the most restrictive. Not even close. In fact, I have visited Bozeman and Butte in the last three days and its like being on a different planet than Missoula right now.
Well to Butte's credit, they just lifted all of their mandates last week so good for them, prior to that though the Butte health department was terrible to the businesses in town. I know for a fact that people in Bozeman are very frustrated right now as they're struggling with vaccines, and to my knowledge, the last article I read said Bozeman has not really relaxed any of their restrictions. Missoula is not full blown open, but I do know that they have loosened some restrictions, and Missoula is doing a far better job of vaccinating people. Missoula is still pretty strict on masks, but they've made some progress on group sizes and things of that nature. Maybe things have changed now and Bozeman has relaxed some restrictions, but I haven't checked in a while. I see both Bozeman and Missoula's health officers both resigned recently so maybe things will get better in both cities.

I guess I was thinking mostly in terms of the the mask mandates. Missoula County Health Dept is going to hold onto that as long as they can. For the past few weeks, they have conveniently moved the bogey for lifting the mask mandate and will continue to do so.

Part of the issue, in my opinion, is the general mentality of Missoula, and yes, I mean in terms of political leaning. I’m convinced Missoulians love the masks at this point. You see people walking around outside, and even driving in their cars by themselves with masks on. And, they’ll be doing in even after the mask mandate is lifted in 2027.

Raider said:
I guess I was thinking mostly in terms of the the mask mandates. Missoula County Health Dept is going to hold onto that as long as they can. For the past few weeks, they have conveniently moved the bogey for lifting the mask mandate and will continue to do so.

Part of the issue, in my opinion, is the general mentality of Missoula, and yes, I mean in terms of political leaning. I’m convinced Missoulians love the masks at this point. You see people walking around outside, and even driving in their cars by themselves with masks on. And, they’ll be doing in even after the mask mandate is lifted in 2027.

Bozeman is the same way in regards to the mandates. They just extended it to the end of May. At the same time they increased capacity at bars and restaurants, increased the number of people allowed at a single table, and decreased the infamous "6ft" bubble to 3 feet. :roll:

In regards to vaccinations we do seem to be lagging behind a bit still which is confusing. As of today we have 18,000 fully vaccinated; 17% of the population. Missoula has almost 27,000 vaccinated; 23% of the population.

tourist said:
Sorry this took so long for a reply, but, a slow boil takes time. "Intention...Missoula County Health Dept....Commissioner of Higher Education..."
I am totally fed up with this simplistic sheep shit. Just say it, total 26,000 in their seats this fall at WGS. Feel threatened by others, then STAY THE HELL HOME!!! I am NOT responsible for your health and well being. YOU ARE!

Youre a moron.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
tourist said:
Sorry this took so long for a reply, but, a slow boil takes time. "Intention...Missoula County Health Dept....Commissioner of Higher Education..."
I am totally fed up with this simplistic sheep shit. Just say it, total 26,000 in their seats this fall at WGS. Feel threatened by others, then STAY THE HELL HOME!!! I am NOT responsible for your health and well being. YOU ARE!

Youre a moron.

:lol:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
tourist said:

Youre a moron.

I disagree.

SaskGriz said:
retiredpopo said:
4th of July was my wedding day in 1998, I've been divorced since 2009, which "independence day" should I celebrate?

Mine too in 1990. Still happily married, but either way, there's always a reason to shoot off fireworks and celebrate.(Plus it's easy to remember!)

MikeyGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Mine too in 1990. Still happily married, but either way, there's always a reason to shoot off fireworks and celebrate.(Plus it's easy to remember!)

There's happy and then there's married, pick one. Just kidding. Congrats Mike. GO GRIZ

SaskGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

There's happy and then there's married, pick one. Just kidding. Congrats Mike. GO GRIZ

As the saying goes, “I’ve been happily married for seven years. I’ve been MARRIED for 32, but happily married for seven.”

Back