• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM announces intention for full capacity this fall

Raider said:
I guess I was thinking mostly in terms of the the mask mandates. Missoula County Health Dept is going to hold onto that as long as they can. For the past few weeks, they have conveniently moved the bogey for lifting the mask mandate and will continue to do so.

Part of the issue, in my opinion, is the general mentality of Missoula, and yes, I mean in terms of political leaning. I’m convinced Missoulians love the masks at this point. You see people walking around outside, and even driving in their cars by themselves with masks on. And, they’ll be doing in even after the mask mandate is lifted in 2027.
The requirement to wear masks at the spring games was a real PITA, and mask police to enforce. Outdoor football games and masks do not go together.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
tourist said:
Sorry this took so long for a reply, but, a slow boil takes time. "Intention...Missoula County Health Dept....Commissioner of Higher Education..."
I am totally fed up with this simplistic sheep shit. Just say it, total 26,000 in their seats this fall at WGS. Feel threatened by others, then STAY THE HELL HOME!!! I am NOT responsible for your health and well being. YOU ARE!

Youre a moron.

Guess I'm a moron too!

AllWeatherFan said:
And yet, Fauci’s approval rating is in the mid-sixties, while yours is in the low teens.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All that proves is there's a LOT of sheep out there.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
tourist said:
You're. Hint: use your spell check, Tex.

oh yeah..punctuation marks on a media platform...forgot those are big around here.

Only when you're (see what I did there?) calling someone a moron.... :lol: :lol:

horribilisfan8184 said:
Can't see even the slightest smidgen of a reason this thread was resurrected.

:lol:

Two months AFTER the previous post too. Badlands must have been really bored yesterday. ;)

It would sure be nice to not have to deal with politics on this board. But if I have to read this shit, I’m going to continue to respond.

Through the course of the pandemic I have come to view the anti-maskers as profoundly unpatriotic.

My values were largely formed by my parents whose formative years were shaped by an economic depression and a world war. During that war, as their siblings were fighting in Europe, North Africa and Asia, the American people came together and sacrificed to support the war effort. These included scrap drives, victory gardens, tire drives, fuel rations. meatless Tuesday’s and other food and material rations.

On one hand we have an example of the vast majority of the American people pulling together to sacrifice for the troops overseas, their communities and their nation.

Juxtapose this with an armed group of idiots burning masks at the Idaho State Capitol Building and putting their neighbors, communities and nation at risk for more deaths due to the pandemic.

It’s not difficult to see who the real patriots are.

Ursa Major said:
It would sure be nice to not have to deal with politics on this board. But if I have to read this shit, I’m going to continue to respond.

Through the course of the pandemic I have come to view the anti-maskers as profoundly unpatriotic.

My values were largely formed by my parents whose formative years were shaped by an economic depression and a world war. During that war, as their siblings were fighting in Europe, North Africa and Asia, the American people came together and sacrificed to support the war effort. These included scrap drives, victory gardens, tire drives, fuel rations. meatless Tuesday’s and other food and material rations.

On one hand we have an example of the vast majority of the American people pulling together to sacrifice for the troops overseas, their communities and their nation.

Juxtapose this with an armed group of idiots burning masks at the Idaho State Capitol Building and putting their neighbors, communities and nation at risk for more deaths due to the pandemic.

:poke:

I chose to get vaccinated, as my particular situation deemed it wise. I am not a threat to anyone, nor is anyone a threat to me. I will NOT wear a mask. Masks are for PC 'sheep.' Come to think of it, I drove by a pasture of REAL sheep, yesterday. They weren't wearing masks either. They must be unpatriotic sheep. Baaaaad sheep!

Ursa Major said:

The CDC rules don't require or recommend masks, indoors or outdoors, for vaccinated people, excepted in limited circumstances were "required" by law or regulation.

"Recommendations for Indoor and Outdoor Settings

Risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection is minimal for fully vaccinated people. The risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission from fully vaccinated people to unvaccinated people is also reduced. Therefore, fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. Fully vaccinated people should also continue to wear a well-fitted mask in correctional facilities and homeless shelters. Prevention measures are still recommended for unvaccinated people."

"Guiding Principles for Fully Vaccinated People

Indoor and outdoor activities pose minimal risk to fully vaccinated people.
Fully vaccinated people have a reduced risk of transmitting SARS-CoV-2 to unvaccinated people."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

3-7-77 said:
I chose to get vaccinated, as my particular situation deemed it wise. I am not a threat to anyone, nor is anyone a threat to me. I will NOT wear a mask. Masks are for PC 'sheep.' Come to think of it, I drove by a pasture of REAL sheep, yesterday. They weren't wearing masks either. They must be unpatriotic sheep. Baaaaad sheep!

You certainly aren’t a threat to anyone post vaccine. That’s a big difference. Where would you be required to wear a mask in your community post vaccine? I haven’t worn a mask in weeks because I’m vaccinated.

Next week I’m getting on an airplane. I’ll be happy to wear a mask that’s required by the private airline because: 1) I don’t own a private jet, 2) I don’t want to drive 1,200 miles.

Ursa Major said:
3-7-77 said:

You certainly aren’t a threat to anyone post vaccine. That’s a big difference. Where would you be required to wear a mask in your community post vaccine? I haven’t worn a mask in weeks because I’m vaccinated.

Next week I’m getting on an airplane. I’ll be happy to wear a mask that’s required by the private airline because: 1) I don’t own a private jet, 2) I don’t want to drive 1,200 miles.

Which is the same reason that the tens of millions of people who HAD covid over the last year and a half were frustrated by still be required to wear masks. That made the exact same amount of sense then as it would making vaccinated people wear masks now.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

The CDC rules don't require or recommend masks, indoors or outdoors, for vaccinated people, excepted in limited circumstances were "required" by law or regulation.

"Recommendations for Indoor and Outdoor Settings

Risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection is minimal for fully vaccinated people. The risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission from fully vaccinated people to unvaccinated people is also reduced. Therefore, fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. Fully vaccinated people should also continue to wear a well-fitted mask in correctional facilities and homeless shelters. Prevention measures are still recommended for unvaccinated people."

"Guiding Principles for Fully Vaccinated People

Indoor and outdoor activities pose minimal risk to fully vaccinated people.
Fully vaccinated people have a reduced risk of transmitting SARS-CoV-2 to unvaccinated people."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Agreed. If you’re vaccinated, you are good to go.

That’s why my post began with, “ Through the course of the pandemic.”

Of course Ursa is correct. Historically speaking today’s anti-maskers and anti-Vax folks are unbelievable. How the hell did it become political? Nobody bitched back in 1957 when a hastily concocted polio vaccine was introduced - They lined up and got their damn shots and an epidemic was ended. That vaccine was iffy and required adjustment over the next few years. But it saved thousands from debilitating disease. Yeah it would be nice not to have to take mysterious vaccines but it’s the price we pay for living with 7.8 billion other disease spreading people flying around the world daily.

I’m sure looking forward to an unmasked, capacity crowd too. But would I go if I was not vaxed? No way. Not with the mutations floating around now.

BTW. It’s nice to have the problem of at least considering the implications of squeezing 26k into WaGriz. So many of our brethren have been practicing “extreme social distancing” at their stadiums for decades…

Ursa Major said:
3-7-77 said:

I'm vaxxed, like 39 million other people in my state. My office suite still requires masks, but it's not really enforced. All grocery and other retail stores still require them. Kids have to wear them all day at school still. Disneyland and CA Adventure really required them last weekend when I went. They were actually wild about it. Actual masks required; no gaiters. I was drinking coffee walking from one ride to another, and I got stopped by security immediately and told I could only take a drink when stationary, and was directed to pull the mask up between sips. Whatever. I guess it was the only way they could re-open sooner. At least the kids got to do something fun for the first time in a while.

Today is the first day since March 2020 that I decided to not wear a mask in public just to see what happened. Nothing yet, but it honestly feels kinda weird. We're wide open next Tuesday, so I think most are finally over it.

Edit: Sorry, 39 million doses administered, not necessarily individuals.

Buttegrizzle said:
Of course Ursa is correct. Historically speaking today’s anti-maskers and anti-Vax folks are unbelievable. How the hell did it become political? Nobody bitched back in 1957 when a hastily concocted polio vaccine was introduced - They lined up and got their damn shots and an epidemic was ended. That vaccine was iffy and required adjustment over the next few years. But it saved thousands from debilitating disease. Yeah it would be nice not to have to take mysterious vaccines but it’s the price we pay for living with 7.8 billion other disease spreading people flying around the world daily.

I’m sure looking forward to an unmasked, capacity crowd too. But would I go if I was not vaxed? No way. Not with the mutations floating around now.

BTW. It’s nice to have the problem of at least considering the implications of squeezing 26k into WaGriz. So many of our brethren have been practicing “extreme social distancing” at their stadiums for decades…

I assume this is a rhetorical question? :lol: :lol: :lol: This ENTIRE virus/pandemic/aftermath has been politicized since the beginning, given how in bed our government is with China and the Wuhan lab, and it went on political steroids as soon as the left called Trump a racist xenophobe for denying travel from China on January 30th, 2020 because of the virus. And then it spiraled ridiculously out of control from there. Literally NOTHING about this pandemic has been "unpoliticized".

Buttegrizzle said:
Nobody bitched back in 1957 when a hastily concocted polio vaccine was introduced - They lined up and got their damn shots and an epidemic was ended. That vaccine was iffy and required adjustment over the next few years. But it saved thousands from debilitating disease.

At least Google the history of the polio vaccine. As I remember, I got mine at school. Some pink stuff dropped on a sugar cube. Suck it. :lol:

Back