• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. EWU on ESPN2

marceagfan5 said:
kemajic said:
All that matters, really? Are they the ones that send donations into the AD for support and facility upgrades? Methinks the "bunch of adults" matter.

11 years with the red turf, 5 National semis, 2 National championship games and 1 championship. Sam Houston has had a similar run over the past decade and their stadium is probably worse that EWUs. Pretty apparent that the “facility” doesn’t matter much to most of the top FCS athletes. Most FCS programs don’t have a Washington Family to pump money into the program but they are still making it work with the product in the field

C'mon, Marc. You know this is complete bullshit. The Washington family -- while extremely generous to the university as a whole -- has contributed a relatively small portion to athletics.

The difference between the programs -- and you know this is true -- is not Denny Washington's family. The difference is Montana has tens of thousands of $100 donors. Eastern has, well, tens of $100 donors.

marceagfan5 said:
kemajic said:
All that matters, really? Are they the ones that send donations into the AD for support and facility upgrades? Methinks the "bunch of adults" matter.

11 years with the red turf, 5 National semis, 2 National championship games and 1 championship. Sam Houston has had a similar run over the past decade and their stadium is probably worse that EWUs. Pretty apparent that the “facility” doesn’t matter much to most of the top FCS athletes. Most FCS programs don’t have a Washington Family to pump money into the program but they are still making it work with the product in the field

Impressive, no doubt. With these accomplishments, one would expect EWU fans to act like they’ve been there before and be gracious hosts instead of a bunch of colossal dickheads.

ilovethecats said:
Once viewers see that EWU "defense" for the first two minutes, they won't even remember the ugliness of that horrendous red field.

Might take a few minutes more than that. I expect the Griz to rush for at least 250 yards and try to control the ball, keeping it out of Barriere’s hands. Should be fun to watch.

RainierGriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
can anyone provide insight on getting tickets to this in griz section?

Here is the link where you can purchase tickets from the lot that UM gets for this game. Not cheap by any means but hoping to see lots of maroon there.

https://griztix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AMONTANA%3AFB22%3ARDG02%3A&linkID=montana&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBA&cgc=&dataAccId=405&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_montana

$150 minimum? I can get Ducks or Beavers tickets for half that. That’s crazy.

EverettGriz said:
marceagfan5 said:

C'mon, Marc. You know this is complete bullshit. The Washington family -- while extremely generous to the university as a whole -- has contributed a relatively small portion to athletics.

The difference between the programs -- and you know this is true -- is not Denny Washington's family. The difference is Montana has tens of thousands of $100 donors. Eastern has, well, tens of $100 donors.

I don’t disagree…but it seems every few years the Washington family is giving 3/7/10 million to the university in some capacity…not every FCS school has that luxury…

marceagfan5 said:
EverettGriz said:

I don’t disagree…but it seems every few years the Washington family is giving 3/7/10 million to the university in some capacity…not every FCS school has that luxury…

Are you just talking athletics? I may agree with that but the top of the FCS does well with donors. UM has more than the Washington's. It is called John Hoyt field, there is the Blewett Law School for a donation of $10 MM. Even EWU has more than Roos. If Cooper Kupp is not giving, someone at the school is missing the boat. MSU has dominated with donations the last few years when it comes to general school giving.

EverettGriz said:
Mousegriz said:
From whom?

Uhh, have you seen any social media recently?

ESPN management probably has a "crisis management team" set up specifically to deal with all the negative comments it expects on social media as a result of this critical decision. :D

I think people should quit bitching about what this game will look like and realize that it will look like a FCS level program and facilities. It is threads like this that make others call Griz fans arrogant asses. They want to bitch about FCS programs, but most don't want to leave FCS. You can't have it both ways.

HelenaHandBasket said:
I think people should quit bitching about what this game will look like and realize that it will look like a FCS level program and facilities. It is threads like this that make others call Griz fans arrogant asses. They want to bitch about FCS programs, but most don't want to leave FCS. You can't have it both ways.

:thumb: Win a game on that red field against a team that obviously has inferior turf, facilities, academics, fans, players, boosters and image!

marceagfan5 said:
EverettGriz said:

No, they don't all have that luxury. And Texas has more athletic donors than Ball State. More at 11.

I don't have a problem with EWU hosting an ESPN2 production. It'll be good for the conference and FCS. Would I prefer this be in Missoula? Absolutely. Even so, It's fun to make fun of EWU any chance. EWU fans do the same to Montana. It's what makes it a great rivalry.

1002452_522928264441563_836360543_n.jpg

242290921_1997694480380485_7579788635861028900_n.png

HelenaHandBasket said:

Not all of us.

HelenaHandBasket said:
No, Helena, the red field makes it look like an elementary school, not FCS facilities.

Spanky2 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
No, Helena, the red field makes it look like an elementary school, not FCS facilities.

How many elementary schools have a similar field?

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Not all of us.

I did say "most"

Mousegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

:thumb: Win a game on that red field against a team that obviously has inferior turf, facilities, academics, fans, players, boosters and image!

I agree with Mouse. It's time to beat them again, though for the first time on the red horror. That is overdue. :ugeek:

Let me spitball for a sec here.

I think the reason we got this game has more to do with other schedules than ours.

Micky Mouse needed content to fill the late slot. That usually means a pac12 or west coast game.

I reviewed the schedules and there is not many good night games to chose from that Saturday.

ASU @ UCLA,
Fresno @ HI
OU @ Stanford.

All blowouts. And it looks like these games were already set and/or not late enough. And really not much drama.

UM and Ewe have the flexibility to move the kickoff time, so we get the slot, but then both schools win their FBS games and the storylines increase, and now we even get bumped up to the bigger channel. Kind of a perfect storm.

If anyone is looking for tickets the Ewu site has a bunch. There are some on the Griz side and section. The end zone bleachers are basically empty at this point. There is some tickets left on the Ewu side at like the 20-30 as well. How this game is not sold out is shocking. Literally nobody cares about football in Ewu. I do see they jacked up the price of the Griz game but it’s similar to the MSU game here as far as cost.

Fill those remaining sections with Griz fans. #FTE

Back