• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2023 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

BDizzle said:
Billings West got a new RB transfer this year. Moved here from Yakima, WA about 2 months ago. Parents are both doctors. He is a senior and built. 6’ tall. I haven’t seen him play but he looks the part and heard he’s the real deal. Wonder if the coaches know anything about him.
Dizzle, do you happen to know his name?

grizband said:
BDizzle said:
Billings West got a new RB transfer this year. Moved here from Yakima, WA about 2 months ago. Parents are both doctors. He is a senior and built. 6’ tall. I haven’t seen him play but he looks the part and heard he’s the real deal. Wonder if the coaches know anything about him.

Daniel Teerink

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Freedom of expression by a culture that for a very long time had been suppressed.
So this is defining the culture?
A single piece of a single style of music could define an entire culture, assuming even that there is such a thing as a single culture amongst any group of humans? Man, Ya'll have a funny educational system down there.

BDizzle said:
grizband said:

Daniel Teerink
So far, I can find results for football, swimming and track. Seems he's an overall athlete, and I'll be curious how he fares this year for West (despite my Senior High allegiance).

Sentinel has a transfer too and almost got another one: Danny Sirmon QB I believe transferred from Bothell Washington to play, they almost got Grady Walker (son of former Griz Travis Walker) from Spokane but I believe he decided to stay in Spokane.

grizfan1984 said:
Sentinel has a transfer too and almost got another one: Danny Sirmon QB I believe transferred from Bothell Washington to play, they almost got Grady Walker (son of former Griz Travis Walker) from Spokane but I believe he decided to stay in Spokane.
The Sirmons are an athletic family, who seem to have connections to Missoula. I wish Danny luck this year!

I hope the Griz are in on this kid... #9 on Vim's list

https://twitter.com/KadeBoyd7/status/1564341276384047104

grizfan1984 said:

Sirmon is a tall, startimg TE for Sentinel. He had a great game versus Billings West week 1. He had an impressive Touchdown, high pointing the ball over the defender. It was a short pass though into the back of the end zone, so I didn't see him fully run an decent distance, so I am not sure if he has the D1 quick twitch muscles or not. I will see more of him...

grizband said:
BDizzle said:
Daniel Teerink
So far, I can find results for football, swimming and track. Seems he's an overall athlete, and I'll be curious how he fares this year for West (despite my Senior High allegiance).

My apologies for beating #4 Senior High 🏈 last week. 😁😎

IntuitiveGriz said:
grizband said:

My apologies for beating #4 Senior High 🏈 last week. 😁😎

Why apologize when you had absolutely nothing to do with it :roll: :roll:

Paytonlives said:

He’s more of a walk on type player in FCS (IMO). Will probably play in the frontier and could be a good player, maybe even great. The Griz got the best one from Central in Clay Oven. He is legit

Also keep in mind this was Lockwood High Schools first varsity football game ever.

WaGriz4life said:
Paytonlives said:

He’s more of a walk on type player in FCS (IMO). Will probably play in the frontier and could be a good player, maybe even great. The Griz got the best one from Central in Clay Oven. He is legit

Also keep in mind this was Lockwood High Schools first varsity football game ever.

Kade is one of the most natural nickel corners I've seen come out of Montana in some time. Great athlete and really good kid. He's not slow by any means (11.39 PR in 100M) but it likely isn't helping his recruitment. Plenty of size for a secondary player or slot player on offense. My prediction is he's going to have a great senior season and get a partial scholly from one of the in-state schools who want him on defense. His junior tape was already good enough in my opinion.

Another really good nickel player in the high school ranks is JJ Dolan (Nate Dolan's son) out of Sentinel. Natural instincts.

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/Cy_Stevenson/status/1568747536139042816

Going into the fall, the following players in my PWO (Safe Investment) list were really hard to keep off the partial list due to their ability and traits and how I heard they did during summer camps:

Anthony Okes (CMR) - 6'3", 220 lbs. - LB
Cy Stevenson (Libby) - 6'3", 215 lbs. - HB/TE/DE/LB
Dominic Umile (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 225 lbs. - DE
Dylan Christman (Helena High) - 6'5", 250 lbs. - OL
Gage Sliter (Kalispell Glacier) - 6'1", 185 lbs. - QB
JJ Dolan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 170 lbs. - CB
Kellan Beller (Stevensville) - 6'1", 220 lbs. - HB/LB/DE
Luke Smith (Bozeman High) - 6'4", 205 lbs. - TE/DE/LB
Tom Carter (Helena Capital) - 6'1", 185 lbs. - WR/S
Wyatt DeVoss (Great Falls High) - 6'2", 210 lbs. - DE

Cy is similar to Hayden Opitz in terms of position versatility as a HB/TE/DE/LB. He's one of the best players in Class A and, like Hayden, is another kid that could develop into a Patrick O'Connell. Overall, he's just a really good football player.

Sometimes just adding good overall football players is the best way to go in recruiting instead of focusing in on going after top traits or skillsets out-of-state. Look at kids like Tyler Flink or RJ Fitzgerald. No real measurables that would jump off the page but both were great linebackers in high school who played with a ton of passion. That "type" can always find a spot on the UM or MSU rosters.

https://twitter.com/DolanJJ5/status/1570451081062420483?s=20&t=qetj3hzRDRfaW9m05mbLBQ

Assuming the Griz will match and were waiting on MSU to offer as the Cats have been interested for a while. This is Nate Dolan's kid, son of Pat Dolan, son of John Dolan. Austin Buehler and Cam Gurnsey are already two Griz legacy signees in this class. Hesitation with JJ would be his slight frame but the kid can absolutely ball from the nickel spot. Would be a 4th generation Griz which I think would be a pretty cool deal if it happens.

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/Cy_Stevenson/status/1568747536139042816

Going into the fall, the following players in my PWO (Safe Investment) list were really hard to keep off the partial list due to their ability and traits and how I heard they did during summer camps:

Anthony Okes (CMR) - 6'3", 220 lbs. - LB
Cy Stevenson (Libby) - 6'3", 215 lbs. - HB/TE/DE/LB
Dominic Umile (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'4", 225 lbs. - DE
Dylan Christman (Helena High) - 6'5", 250 lbs. - OL
Gage Sliter (Kalispell Glacier) - 6'1", 185 lbs. - QB
JJ Dolan (Missoula Sentinel) - 6'0", 170 lbs. - CB
Kellan Beller (Stevensville) - 6'1", 220 lbs. - HB/LB/DE
Luke Smith (Bozeman High) - 6'4", 205 lbs. - TE/DE/LB
Tom Carter (Helena Capital) - 6'1", 185 lbs. - WR/S
Wyatt DeVoss (Great Falls High) - 6'2", 210 lbs. - DE

Cy is similar to Hayden Opitz in terms of position versatility as a HB/TE/DE/LB. He's one of the best players in Class A and, like Hayden, is another kid that could develop into a Patrick O'Connell. Overall, he's just a really good football player.

Sometimes just adding good overall football players is the best way to go in recruiting instead of focusing in on going after top traits or skillsets out-of-state. Look at kids like Tyler Flink or RJ Fitzgerald. No real measurables that would jump off the page but both were great linebackers in high school who played with a ton of passion. That "type" can always find a spot on the UM or MSU rosters.

Thanks for the update... I think I will move them up the list.

VimSince03 said:
https://twitter.com/DolanJJ5/status/1570451081062420483?s=20&t=qetj3hzRDRfaW9m05mbLBQ

Assuming the Griz will match and were waiting on MSU to offer as the Cats have been interested for a while. This is Nate Dolan's kid, son of Pat Dolan, son of John Dolan. Austin Buehler and Cam Gurnsey are already two Griz legacy signees in this class. Hesitation with JJ would be his slight frame but the kid can absolutely ball from the nickel spot. Would be a 4th generation Griz which I think would be a pretty cool deal if it happens.

Just by the picture of JJ last week all decked out in scat gear I believe he may be a scat, I think the Bergeson kid would have went scats had he’d not gone to Navy, too bad Pat wouldn’t be happy.

Back