• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2023 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Zach Tierney, 3-star, Butte High OL/DL, last night:

"The Braves got the ball back but once again the Bulldog defense made life tough on (QB) Skonard with a couple big hits in the pocket by Zach Tierney and Kyler Stenson. Tierney spent more time in the Braves backfield in the first half then the Braves running backs, he took Flathead quarterback down on almost every pass attempt and keeper in the first half."

Article from Butte Sports:

https://buttesports.com/bulldogs-grab-first-conference-win-against-flathead/

Scroll down, in the article, for a picture of Tierney knocking a blocker down and rushing the passer...

IntuitiveGriz said:

"The Braves got the ball back but once again the Bulldog defense made life tough on (QB) Skonard with a couple big hits in the pocket by Zach Tierney and Kyler Stenson. Tierney spent more time in the Braves backfield in the first half then the Braves running backs, he took Flathead quarterback down on almost every pass attempt and keeper in the first half."

Scroll down, in the article, for a picture of Tierney knocking a blocker down and rushing the passer...

The picture at the top of the article is also of Tierney (sacking the QB up high).

IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

The picture at the top of the article is also of Tierney (sacking the QB up high).

Do we have a shot at landing him?

VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
He’s more of a walk on type player in FCS (IMO). Will probably play in the frontier and could be a good player, maybe even great. The Griz got the best one from Central in Clay Oven. He is legit

Also keep in mind this was Lockwood High Schools first varsity football game ever.

Kade is one of the most natural nickel corners I've seen come out of Montana in some time. Great athlete and really good kid. He's not slow by any means (11.39 PR in 100M) but it likely isn't helping his recruitment. Plenty of size for a secondary player or slot player on offense. My prediction is he's going to have a great senior season and get a partial scholly from one of the in-state schools who want him on defense. His junior tape was already good enough in my opinion.

Another really good nickel player in the high school ranks is JJ Dolan (Nate Dolan's son) out of Sentinel. Natural instincts.

Oven and he are piling up the numbers

They have beaten Lockwood, Miles City, Glendive, Havre & Livingston by a combined 234 to 25 score

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12932168/632004f8f31caa021055cc3f

Paytonlives said:
VimSince03 said:
Kade is one of the most natural nickel corners I've seen come out of Montana in some time. Great athlete and really good kid. He's not slow by any means (11.39 PR in 100M) but it likely isn't helping his recruitment. Plenty of size for a secondary player or slot player on offense. My prediction is he's going to have a great senior season and get a partial scholly from one of the in-state schools who want him on defense. His junior tape was already good enough in my opinion.

Another really good nickel player in the high school ranks is JJ Dolan (Nate Dolan's son) out of Sentinel. Natural instincts.

Oven and he are piling up the numbers

They have beaten Lockwood, Miles City, Glendive, Havre & Livingston by a combined 234 to 25 score

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12932168/632004f8f31caa021055cc3f
Then according to some posters on here (mostly cat trolls) they must be over-rated because those teams have to suck to get blown out. Unless they play a close game or give up 11 scores in a row to a team called the Beavers (I believe it was Minot State) we will never know how good they are. Every team they've played has at least one loss.........

You’ve got to think at some point we’re gonna offer some more instate guys but it hasn’t happened yet.

grizfan1984 said:
You’ve got to think at some point we’re gonna offer some more instate guys but it hasn’t happened yet.

Saw Parker from Helena capital last night, OMG what a running back. If we don't offer him then we lose a good one.

fanofzoo said:
grizfan1984 said:

Saw Parker from Helena capital last night, OMG what a running back. If we don't offer him then we lose a good one.

Parker or Tom Carter? (leading rusher per Maxpreps) state champ 200 meter

If its Carter, he seems to be leaning Cats pretty hard.

Colton Petre (WR/S) from Helena High has committed to Montana State.

His other offers were from Carroll, Montana Western, and Dickinson State.

Griztrain said:
fanofzoo said:

Got that wrong, don't know how as I kept hearing his name all night.

fanofzoo said:
Griztrain said:

TOM Carter has strong cat connections. Dad played for Wyoming and cats and sisters are track athletes for cats.

Triwest said:
fanofzoo said:

TOM Carter has strong cat connections. Dad played for Wyoming and cats and sisters are track athletes for cats.

Time for someone in that family to break the mold. :D

We need to offer Carter first but seeing how scats just got there 4th or 5th RB commit in 2023 there might not be much room for Carter in the class

Back