• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

vs. Weber St.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
couple things that stand out from the stats, rebounding edge 41-28, turn overs even but points off turnover 13-8, and points in the paint 42-38. that was a serious gut check, Go Griz!

To get an edge in paint scoring without Akoh is huge. Please, Griz nation, calm down on the dire talk when it comes to our team without Akoh. Sure, it would be nice to have him back, but we have the best talent in this league even without him and the best coach to adjust to what we have. I'm excited for the home stretch!

Agreed. Travis and his coaching staff had to be nervous about the 2nd half performance.

AZGrizFan said:
That second half was downright painful to watch. Both from a reffing and a playing standpoint.

Rest of the way shapes up very interesting, mainly between the Griz and NoColo. Three opponents in common going forward (ISU, SUU, NAU). NoColo still has to play Weber, but, on the records, the rest of their schedule is a bit easier than for the Griz -- with one big exception.

On Feb 25, they have to come to Missoula (two days after the kitties are in, BTW). That will be the chance for the Griz to create some real separation from those other Bears.

Edit: No surprise, but right now NoColo is beating the crap out of Idaho (at Moscow) 67-40.

HookedonGriz said:
Great win. Pridgett makimg a case for Big Sky player of the year with his all around play.

Is it just me, or do we literally jump out to a 15-20 point lead every game, slowly let the other team creep to within 2-3 points, then hang on by the skin of our teeth....every.single.game. It’s like damn near automatic!

Yes, we do and my heart can’t take much more of this shit.

Pridgett really on a roll! Nice to see either Manuel or Dorsey picking it up when needed! The team is playing so unselfishly!! Really well coached!

Is there final word on Akoh?

Monster game by Pridgett. Career high in points and rebounds.

Dorsey played only 11 minutes. Manuel had 32 min and Falls had 19.

Nice game to shoot well the line. Only Manuel, Oguine and Pridgett shot from line. 82% and 11-12 in second half.

Pridgett, Oguine and Rorie has 5, 3 and 3 turnovers.

Technicals on Moorehead and Rorie in second half. What was that about?

What kind of looks did Weber get on its last 2 3's at the end of the game?

Harding was 1-6 from 3.

6929 attendance.

Lady Griz won. 64-56. Over 3,000 in attendance and the Red Wave performed at halftime. Henderson had 15 and 7 rebounds, and was 1-11 from the line. I went to that game.

PlayerRep said:

Nice game to shoot well the line. Only Manuel, Oguine and Pridgett shot from line. 82% and 11-12 in second half.

Harding was 1-6 from 3.

6929 attendance.

Lady Griz won. 64-56. Over 3,000 in attendance and the Red Wave performed at halftime. Henderson had 15 and 7 rebounds, and was 1-11 from the line. I went to that game.

There’s no WAY there were 7,000 people at that game. Unless every single one of them were on the same side as the cameras....there weren’t more than 1500 people on the side the cameras were shooting. Webers last two shots weren’t 3’s. They were in the paint.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Harding was 1-6 from 3.

6929 attendance.

There’s no WAY there were 7,000 people at that game. Unless every single one of them were on the same side as the cameras....there weren’t more than 1500 people on the side the cameras were shooting. Webers last two shots weren’t 3’s. They were in the paint.

Why would Weber be shooting 2 pointers when they were down 3 with only a few seconds left. The play-by-play says the first of the two shots was a 3.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Harding was 1-6 from 3.

6929 attendance.

There’s no WAY there were 7,000 people at that game. Unless every single one of them were on the same side as the cameras....there weren’t more than 1500 people on the side the cameras were shooting.

Why said there were 7,000? Only 6929. Ha.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Harding was 1-6 from 3.

6929 attendance.

The place looked two thirds to three quarters empty. Their attendance reporting is a little suspect at the very least! :?

Any time Montana can sweep home&home conference batttles with Weber State is huge. In fact, the last time the Griz did that was 1992 (62-60 & 77-73), a Big Sky Championship season, when Travis DeCuire was point guard.

MVP Clutch, Sayeed Pridgett, with 34 seconds remaining in the game.
[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1096256441407557634[/media]

Attendance per box score on gogriz.com is 6,729. So, where ever PR got his attendance figure, it was a typo. I will take whatever the official box score has.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Harding was 1-6 from 3.

6929 attendance.

Why would Weber be shooting 2 pointers when they were down 3 with only a few seconds left. The play-by-play says the first of the two shots was a 3.

For sure the last time down the court for Weber was a Harding (I think) trying to take it to the rack to get a quick 2. They were hoping for that and then a foul but he missed and the scrum for the rebound lasted the remainder of the game until time ran out. There may have been another put back attempt but missed badly. No 3 taken the last trip down the court.

Every time I listen to Coach DeCuire talk basketball, talk about his team, his players, and his support staff -- whether it's before or after a game, or at the mid-week Griz Den show -- I come away just a bit more measurably impressed. Another great interview post-game. (imbedded below, in the soundcloud link)

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1096282826712829952[/media]

PeauxRouge said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Harding was 1-6 from 3.

6929 attendance.

For sure the last time down the court for Weber was a Harding (I think) trying to take it to the rack to get a quick 2. They were hoping for that and then a foul but he missed and the scrum for the rebound lasted the remainder of the game until time ran out. There may have been another put back attempt but missed badly. No 3 taken the last trip down the court.
I thought Webers last time down the court (after Manuels free throws - 12ish seconds left), Harding took a 3 to try to tie the game from the left wing with about 6 or 8 seconds left and missed it. There was a scramble for the ball and a Weber player got a hold of it in the key and went to pass it out, but ended up throwing it right into the Griz defender in front of him with about 3 seconds left, then time ran out.

A GREAT day to be a GRIZZLY gentlemen!!

Sayeed...ummm, wow. Just...wow.

And Weebs has been VASTLY overstating their attendance for years. It’s a bit of a running joke on their own board.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PeauxRouge said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I thought Webers last time down the court (after Manuels free throws - 12ish seconds left), Harding took a 3 to try to tie the game from the left wing with about 6 or 8 seconds left and missed it. There was a scramble for the ball and a Weber player got a hold of it in the key and went to pass it out, but ended up throwing it right into the Griz defender in front of him with about 3 seconds left, then time ran out.

You are 100% correct. Harding busted down the court with 14 secs left, got a decent look at a 3 from far left wing area, missed it. Weber got the rebound in the middle of the key and for some reason went back up with it for a 2 and missed that, then a scramble for the boards and the Griz got it when the buzzer sounded. Definitely a 3 missed and definitely a 2 missed.

Back